Does your internet make a difference on fifa?

MagnificDan
211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Currently have poor internet and feel like this is a handicap, so decided to get an upgrade and was wondering if this will improve my connection and play?

So question is, has anyone upgraded there internet recently and did it improve your connection on fifa?

Comments

• Damo_Suzuki
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive had really fast fibre and the most basic in the uk and moved house in between and the delay is equal on both. So no it doesn't its EA's servers fault.
  • MagnificDan
    Find the game unplayable online so changed providers in a rage but like you said i fear it wont be any better.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1967 posts Play-Off Hero
    Find the game unplayable online so changed providers in a rage but like you said i fear it wont be any better.

Oh well you never know. Hopefully it works for you even though i seem stuck with it.....even though every other game is completely fine....
  • is1996
    671 posts Semi-Pro
    Its game coding . Ea dobt even know whats the problem..On this past event they had button delay on a private server ..Ea a knowledged the problem bit dobt know gow to fix it
  • Matt
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    Of course it does. Low ping = faster response times. Upgrading your internet from 5-15 up/down to 50+ up/down won't do much unless there are multiple people using the internet at the same time though.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    lol have like 2 internets now, got one that was really fast but unreliable got a disconnect or two everyday but better gameplay when working.

Recently got a bit "slower", still fibre, that never goes down and do feel gameplay was better on the unreliable but faster internet thou. Try use an ethernet cable instead of wifi that also seems to impact it a bit.
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Noticed better connection when I switched from wireless to wired
  • MagnificDan
    Im currently receiving around 35.0 download and around 4.0 upload, my new internet will be 350 download 20.0 upload not sure on the ping tho.
  • Delboy13710
    4479 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah when I play at mine I hardly get delay at all , but when I play at my girls i get a lot more button delay and on top of that irritating talking in the background to ruin my Fifa experience !
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    Im currently receiving around 35.0 download and around 4.0 upload, my new internet will be 350 download 20.0 upload not sure on the ping tho.

Rip you got virgin media, tbf this is the first year its been half decent. Its not usually good for gaming tho because of the crap router
  • Chavez76
    2437 posts Fans' Favourite
    Advait wrote: »
    Noticed better connection when I switched from wireless to wired

this is the biggest difference you can create for yourself. No matter how good your wifi is, cable is always x10
  • miri
    2734 posts Fans' Favourite
    Matt wrote: »
    Of course it does. Low ping = faster response times. Upgrading your internet from 5-15 up/down to 50+ up/down won't do much unless there are multiple people using the internet at the same time though.

This.

Run a test on something like this: https://www.netmeter.co.uk/ping-test/

What you're looking for is a low number obviously, but more importantly minimal to 0 jitter and a consistent graph with no spikes. I'd rather play on a stable 75ms for example than I would 25ms that jumps up to 120ms every 10 seconds.
  • DKCena
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have a 100/100 fiber with low ping on test. Still struggle in FIFA almost every day.

Every other game on my PS4 i fine. COD, BF etc.

But FIFA is BS almost every Day. But EA says its at my end....sure thing EA, sure thing.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Everytime I open your thread/threads I keep on thinking it's @EA_Andy. :/
  • MagnificDan
    IDARYL wrote: »

Rip you got virgin media, tbf this is the first year its been half decent. Its not usually good for gaming tho because of the crap router

Cant be worse than bt at the moment at least 9 out of 10 games i have heavy button delay and games that syart off ok become laggy mid way through.
  • Retro_G
    27421 posts Player of the Year
    The worse your connection is, the better this game plays online. I throttle my connection down to 2.4Mb, the game plays a lot more consistent than when I'm using 160Mb. Every other game online plays fine when I use 70% of my upload, download, my connection is stable.

I've been experimenting with different settings on Fifa for three years, using 1% of my upload/download is the most consistent experience. Their netcode is atrocious, it's still not perfect with them settings.
  • Tymsy83
    872 posts Semi-Pro

Obviously gone for virgin media max package then. Doesn’t do anything mate. I’ve been BT fibre max and virgin max and exactly the same issues because it’s EAs Servers which are trash