The Biggest Disgrace ever

1
Shehraj
5743 posts Big Money Move
edited December 2018
Luka Modric has won the Ballon D'or, ending any small credibility FIFA had left
1)
Most Goals in all of Europe: Messi
Most assists in all of Europe: Messi
Most chances created in all of Europe: Messi
Most dribbles completed in all of Europe: Messi
2)
Most trophies: Varane (UCL + World Cup) Compared to modric's only UCL
3)
Player who carried Madrid to the the UCL: Ronaldo
4)
Player who arguably played the best the world cup: Mbappe
Now we all know no one actually plays to Messi or Ronaldo's level, so if going by pure individual skill the award would have been messi's. I dont have any bias and can agree depending on whichever scenario weighs the most like the other 3 scenarios I mention, there could be other winners, but there should logically have been 3 other winners above modric
It amazes me how the voting seems to get more and more corrupt every year
Post edited by Shehraj on

Comments

  • Ean155
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sometimes it seems like fifa doesn't know what football is
  • MojoJojo
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not sure if you're aware, but FIFA has nothing to do with the voting process for the Balon d'Or? It's voted on and decided by football journalists.
  • Williejno1
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Did u actually watch any football last year clearly u did not
    U obviously know more than all the ,managers and pundits who actually vote for the best players
  • Gricko
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You do know that Ballon d'or has nothing to do with FIFA, right?
    It is awarded by France Football and voted by sports journalists.
  • Seahawks1
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    You've made a few random statements and then claimed it to be a logical way of deciding who should have won. Strange
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Modric best player in the world :joy:
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    jonkero wrote: »
    He won the champions league 3 times in a row and reached a world cup final with a small country. I have to agree with you he might not deserve it 100% but you got to give the guy some credit. Especially for a CM... I mean it's impossible for a cm to beat Ronaldo and Messi on goals and assists so you have to look at other things for those positions

    the way I see it is that with him being a cm, he should logically atleast have the most assists or on par with messi, but nope
  • sako10shagster
    446 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congrats to Modric but the fact that Messi wasn't even top 3 is disgraceful. If this award is truly based on who the best player is int he world, then Messi should be winning it every. single. year.
  • Baldo_Maldini
    474 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mbappe won best young player of the WC. Modric won best player.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    You've made a few random statements and then claimed it to be a logical way of deciding who should have won. Strange

    He highlighted the most important INDIVIDUAL stats for an INDIVIDUAL award. Seems simple enough for most people.
  • Football is much more than scoring goals. Modric organizes the midfield and makes the entire team play in a way that no stats can capture. You can only see that if you watch the game and if you really know what football is about. Modric is possibly the best central midfielder of his generation. Messi is the best player all time.

    Just like Nedved won while Zidane was active, I really like the idea of praising Modric.
  • Davvebingan
    3148 posts National Call-Up
    It’s to bad they chose an individual award based on team success in CL (and WC) Messi and Ronaldo should be top 2
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    You've made a few random statements and then claimed it to be a logical way of deciding who should have won. Strange

    He highlighted the most important INDIVIDUAL stats for an INDIVIDUAL award. Seems simple enough for most people.

    Exactly, and as a alternative I provided 3 other players who even then should have won over modric based on trophies and contributions to winning teams.
    Seems to me that in past controversies like ronaldo beating ribery, the winner still excelled and topped some category, but Modric hasnt topped any.
  • Seahawks1
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    You've made a few random statements and then claimed it to be a logical way of deciding who should have won. Strange

    He highlighted the most important INDIVIDUAL stats for an INDIVIDUAL award. Seems simple enough for most people.

    You realise there are other players in a team other than forwards right? It's awarded to a player who has performed best in the previous year, not scored the most goals, had the most assists, performed the most dribbles lol. If this was the only criteria, agreed Messi wins. Why can't a defender ever win the award for example? Because they are never going to top these categories
  • CFCHenri
    4358 posts National Call-Up
    Sneijder, Iniesta, Ribery ffs
  • Alemas_2012
    22020 posts Club Captain
    I guess they didn't look at stats, they looked at the actual matches.
    Which is no bad thing, in my opinion...
  • Seahawks1
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    You've made a few random statements and then claimed it to be a logical way of deciding who should have won. Strange

    He highlighted the most important INDIVIDUAL stats for an INDIVIDUAL award. Seems simple enough for most people.

    Exactly, and as a alternative I provided 3 other players who even then should have won over modric based on trophies and contributions to winning teams.
    Seems to me that in past controversies like ronaldo beating ribery, the winner still excelled and topped some category, but Modric hasnt topped any.

    But you got it wrong. Modric was best player in the World Cup, not Mbappe. And Modric getting to the final of the world cup with Croatia is a massive achievement. You are suggesting Varane should win ahead of Modric just because he happened to be in 2 winning teams, not because of what he contributed?
  • SimenHP
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    You are joking here right?

    Messi was good last year, but Modric was incredible, everything he did last season was exceptional. You got to remember that RM plays Modric more as a CM/CDM than CM/CAM, so you shouldn't look at only assist, goals, and dribbling, but also everything else that he does, like intercept the ball, stop counter attacks, taking the right passes at the right time, defensive positioning and everything else a CM should do.

    And how can you say CR carried RM to CL final? Yes he scored some important goals, but then you can just as well say Bale is the reason RM won the CL, because he scored important goals too even though he S**ked for most of last and this season. You got to watch every RM game too see how amazing Modric were last season, he is no CR7 or Messi or Bale that can score goals out of nothing, but he dominates the midfield every game with everything else he does.

    btw. If we were rating them only this season, I would say Messi (or Hazard) deserved it, mostly because Modric have played some of his worst after the WC.

    And I might have misunderstood what you meant with Varane, but do you really belive he was better than Modric last season? I'm a RM fan and even I can say Varane was BAD and I mean REALLY BAD in most matches he had for RM (Especially the first part of the season) last season
  • good choice, but i wish iniesta/xavi would have got this appreciation few years ago
  • Dariusz877
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I dont care what anyone says, but if they say that modric is better than messi then 😂😂😂😂
  • Seahawks1
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    LOL edited to "player who arguably played better at the world cup". Just making stuff up now and ignoring Modric won the golden ball. Such a sound reasoned argument. The biggest disgrace EVER. No doubt
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    You are joking here right?

    Messi was good last year, but Modric was incredible, everything he did last season was exceptional. You got to remember that RM plays Modric more as a CM/CDM than CM/CAM, so you shouldn't look at only assist, goals, and dribbling, but also everything else that he does, like intercept the ball, stop counter attacks, taking the right passes at the right time, defensive positioning and everything else a CM should do.

    And how can you say CR carried RM to CL final? Yes he scored some important goals, but then you can just as well say Bale is the reason RM won the CL, because he scored important goals too even though he S**ked for most of last and this season. You got to watch every RM game too see how amazing Modric were last season, he is no CR7 or Messi or Bale that can score goals out of nothing, but he dominates the midfield every game with everything else he does.

    btw. If we were rating them only this season, I would say Messi (or Hazard) deserved it, mostly because Modric have played some of his worst after the WC.

    And I might have misunderstood what you meant with Varane, but do you really belive he was better than Modric last season? I'm a RM fan and even I can say Varane was BAD and I mean REALLY BAD in most matches he had for RM (Especially the first part of the season) last season

    No, I do not believe Varane should have won, but I was using him as an example of someone who should have won over modric if they were basing on trophies. But if we are going to talk about performance as we should, I'm not sure but I think it'd be safe to say no one has topped all the charts messi has topped before either, putting him up top if based on invidiual performance.
  • Seahawks1
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shehraj wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    You are joking here right?

    Messi was good last year, but Modric was incredible, everything he did last season was exceptional. You got to remember that RM plays Modric more as a CM/CDM than CM/CAM, so you shouldn't look at only assist, goals, and dribbling, but also everything else that he does, like intercept the ball, stop counter attacks, taking the right passes at the right time, defensive positioning and everything else a CM should do.

    And how can you say CR carried RM to CL final? Yes he scored some important goals, but then you can just as well say Bale is the reason RM won the CL, because he scored important goals too even though he S**ked for most of last and this season. You got to watch every RM game too see how amazing Modric were last season, he is no CR7 or Messi or Bale that can score goals out of nothing, but he dominates the midfield every game with everything else he does.

    btw. If we were rating them only this season, I would say Messi (or Hazard) deserved it, mostly because Modric have played some of his worst after the WC.

    And I might have misunderstood what you meant with Varane, but do you really belive he was better than Modric last season? I'm a RM fan and even I can say Varane was BAD and I mean REALLY BAD in most matches he had for RM (Especially the first part of the season) last season

    No, I do not believe Varane should have won, but I was using him as an example of someone who should have won over modric if they were basing on trophies. But if we are going to talk about performance as we should, I'm not sure but I think it'd be safe to say no one has topped all the charts messi has topped before either, putting him up top if based on invidiual performance.

    You need to realise there is more to football than stats and charts
  • Foxsake
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    Overrated player
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    You are joking here right?

    Messi was good last year, but Modric was incredible, everything he did last season was exceptional. You got to remember that RM plays Modric more as a CM/CDM than CM/CAM, so you shouldn't look at only assist, goals, and dribbling, but also everything else that he does, like intercept the ball, stop counter attacks, taking the right passes at the right time, defensive positioning and everything else a CM should do.

    And how can you say CR carried RM to CL final? Yes he scored some important goals, but then you can just as well say Bale is the reason RM won the CL, because he scored important goals too even though he S**ked for most of last and this season. You got to watch every RM game too see how amazing Modric were last season, he is no CR7 or Messi or Bale that can score goals out of nothing, but he dominates the midfield every game with everything else he does.

    btw. If we were rating them only this season, I would say Messi (or Hazard) deserved it, mostly because Modric have played some of his worst after the WC.

    And I might have misunderstood what you meant with Varane, but do you really belive he was better than Modric last season? I'm a RM fan and even I can say Varane was BAD and I mean REALLY BAD in most matches he had for RM (Especially the first part of the season) last season

    No, I do not believe Varane should have won, but I was using him as an example of someone who should have won over modric if they were basing on trophies. But if we are going to talk about performance as we should, I'm not sure but I think it'd be safe to say no one has topped all the charts messi has topped before either, putting him up top if based on invidiual performance.

    You need to realise there is more to football than stats and charts

    let me ask you then, do you think modric has surpassed ronaldo and messi's insane standards this year?
  • Alemas_2012
    22020 posts Club Captain
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    You are joking here right?

    Messi was good last year, but Modric was incredible, everything he did last season was exceptional. You got to remember that RM plays Modric more as a CM/CDM than CM/CAM, so you shouldn't look at only assist, goals, and dribbling, but also everything else that he does, like intercept the ball, stop counter attacks, taking the right passes at the right time, defensive positioning and everything else a CM should do.

    And how can you say CR carried RM to CL final? Yes he scored some important goals, but then you can just as well say Bale is the reason RM won the CL, because he scored important goals too even though he S**ked for most of last and this season. You got to watch every RM game too see how amazing Modric were last season, he is no CR7 or Messi or Bale that can score goals out of nothing, but he dominates the midfield every game with everything else he does.

    btw. If we were rating them only this season, I would say Messi (or Hazard) deserved it, mostly because Modric have played some of his worst after the WC.

    And I might have misunderstood what you meant with Varane, but do you really belive he was better than Modric last season? I'm a RM fan and even I can say Varane was BAD and I mean REALLY BAD in most matches he had for RM (Especially the first part of the season) last season

    No, I do not believe Varane should have won, but I was using him as an example of someone who should have won over modric if they were basing on trophies. But if we are going to talk about performance as we should, I'm not sure but I think it'd be safe to say no one has topped all the charts messi has topped before either, putting him up top if based on invidiual performance.

    You need to realise there is more to football than stats and charts

    This guy gets it...
  • Seahawks1
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Seahawks1 wrote: »
    Shehraj wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    You are joking here right?

    Messi was good last year, but Modric was incredible, everything he did last season was exceptional. You got to remember that RM plays Modric more as a CM/CDM than CM/CAM, so you shouldn't look at only assist, goals, and dribbling, but also everything else that he does, like intercept the ball, stop counter attacks, taking the right passes at the right time, defensive positioning and everything else a CM should do.

    And how can you say CR carried RM to CL final? Yes he scored some important goals, but then you can just as well say Bale is the reason RM won the CL, because he scored important goals too even though he S**ked for most of last and this season. You got to watch every RM game too see how amazing Modric were last season, he is no CR7 or Messi or Bale that can score goals out of nothing, but he dominates the midfield every game with everything else he does.

    btw. If we were rating them only this season, I would say Messi (or Hazard) deserved it, mostly because Modric have played some of his worst after the WC.

    And I might have misunderstood what you meant with Varane, but do you really belive he was better than Modric last season? I'm a RM fan and even I can say Varane was BAD and I mean REALLY BAD in most matches he had for RM (Especially the first part of the season) last season

    No, I do not believe Varane should have won, but I was using him as an example of someone who should have won over modric if they were basing on trophies. But if we are going to talk about performance as we should, I'm not sure but I think it'd be safe to say no one has topped all the charts messi has topped before either, putting him up top if based on invidiual performance.

    You need to realise there is more to football than stats and charts

    let me ask you then, do you think modric has surpassed ronaldo and messi's insane standards this year?

    I personally like the fact Modric has won it as I appreciate that type of player. But that's irrelevant. Football is about opinions so if people think other people have been better that's fair enough. But you can't judge it based on those stats you came out with and call it the biggest disgrace ever.
  • SimenHP
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    Shehraj wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    You are joking here right?

    Messi was good last year, but Modric was incredible, everything he did last season was exceptional. You got to remember that RM plays Modric more as a CM/CDM than CM/CAM, so you shouldn't look at only assist, goals, and dribbling, but also everything else that he does, like intercept the ball, stop counter attacks, taking the right passes at the right time, defensive positioning and everything else a CM should do.

    And how can you say CR carried RM to CL final? Yes he scored some important goals, but then you can just as well say Bale is the reason RM won the CL, because he scored important goals too even though he S**ked for most of last and this season. You got to watch every RM game too see how amazing Modric were last season, he is no CR7 or Messi or Bale that can score goals out of nothing, but he dominates the midfield every game with everything else he does.

    btw. If we were rating them only this season, I would say Messi (or Hazard) deserved it, mostly because Modric have played some of his worst after the WC.

    And I might have misunderstood what you meant with Varane, but do you really belive he was better than Modric last season? I'm a RM fan and even I can say Varane was BAD and I mean REALLY BAD in most matches he had for RM (Especially the first part of the season) last season

    No, I do not believe Varane should have won, but I was using him as an example of someone who should have won over modric if they were basing on trophies. But if we are going to talk about performance as we should, I'm not sure but I think it'd be safe to say no one has topped all the charts messi has topped before either, putting him up top if based on invidiual performance.

    I'm not saying Modric is better than Messi, if we think last 5-10 years (I don't think anyone thinks so), but last season he had his best season by far and Messi was good, but not at his best, if he was he would probably win
  • Reus
    23561 posts Club Captain
    Messi didn't perform in the big games

    The guys above him did

    Simple
Sign In or Register to comment.