The Semi-N00b Tournament - Season 1

VanBasten12
6781 posts Big Money Move
As suggested, a separate thread for this tournament.

Fixtures & Standings
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P0TY0jJS_936egvUn1NhBB8-P2GOoTNCyFvUN9nwL8Y/

Comments:
• Currently will stick to the 4 players per group.
• Try get games done ASAP
• Will see how this week goes and we can decide when League games need to be finalised

Rules
• 2 games - home & away
• League games are 90 min
• League Placings will be Points > Goal Difference
• KO round will be Away Goals rule, Extra Time and Penalties if needed.
• In game ... basically, don't be an idiot, this is for fun. Nothing more to say

Comments

• VanBasten12
    For Info 1
  • VanBasten12
    For Info 2
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    Let's do this B)
  • Davvebingan
    2160 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice, thx, some changes
    The first game was @Daveofwales01 vs @Finesse_4days and they got 2-2

Me and @Finesse_4days played and I won 2-1
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Me and @xGrumpyWolfx will be playing on stream at 9:30 GMT for anyone that wants to watch
  • VanBasten12
    Ok guys - remember 2 games and whilst for League games it's not important for Home & Away, for KO games it will make a difference.

Thanks for the correct @Davvebingan - need to contrate on the names beginning with Dav...
  • Finesse_4days
    5420 posts Big Money Move
    Nice, thx, some changes

that game nearly gave me a heart attack at the end, I hit a shot towards the corner and cuadrado blocks it with his back . Anyway gg, and a deserved loss for me after how awful I was at the start and not taken taking that Mbappe chance.
  • Finesse_4days
    @VanBasten12 do the aggregate scores of the two games count towards 1 result ? or are they going to be 6 results for each person in the group stage.
  • Davvebingan
    Ok guys - remember 2 games and whilst for League games it's not important for Home & Away, for KO games it will make a difference.

Thanks for the correct @Davvebingan - need to contrate on the names beginning with Dav...

😂
  • Davvebingan
    Nice, thx, some changes

that game nearly gave me a heart attack at the end, I hit a shot towards the corner and cuadrado blocks it with his back . Anyway gg, and a deserved loss for me after how awful I was at the start and not taken taking that Mbappe chance.

It was annoying how good you blocked my finesse shots until my 2 goals. Guess I have posted to many of those in the goal of the week thread
  • VanBasten12
    edited December 2018
    @VanBasten12 do the aggregate scores of the two games count towards 1 result ? or are they going to be 6 results for each person in the group stage.

6 games … check out the spreadsheet. Essentially this will be like a CL format.
  • BcfcDale88
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Am I in this?...

Edit, I’m not
  • VanBasten12
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    Am I in this?...

Edit, I’m not

Sorry mate - I know this may sound a bit of a cop out, but changing to 2 x 5-league teams means quite a change to the spreadsheet structure. Given that players started to play, we'll just do this one as is.

Also, there may be a few that won't be able to play, so yourself & @Cloudio7 will be first up to replace, then @krakos000.
  • Cloudio7
    1197 posts Professional
    Enjoy it guys and have fun! If there's someone streaming some match of the tourney i'll gladly watch it.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    Cloudio7 wrote: »
    Enjoy it guys and have fun! If there's someone streaming some match of the tourney i'll gladly watch it.

@dopetothemax is streaming at 9:30pm when he annihilates me :)
  • Cloudio7
    1197 posts Professional

I'll be there
  • Addicksfan
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    Right chaps....let's do this.......pumped to get my backside handed to me.... :D

Are we capping the max rating of our teams and must be 100 chem? or are we anything goes in terms of players and chemistry?

So I'll be available Wednesday from 10pm GMT to early (I don't need beauty sleep) and same again Thursday
    Friday I'll be working from home in the morning so can play from 9.30am to noon

@VanBasten12 thanks for taking the time to organise....
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite

hahaha nah man I'm just playing for fun. I won't be sweating it out I promise.
  • Finesse_4days
    Me and @Davvebingan just played I won 6 4 it was a crazy game with Griezmann getting 4 for me and his Cruyff and messi being very dangerous.
  • Antparry92
    16458 posts World Class
    Did enquire about this in the other thread.
    Clearly not worthy :trollface:
  • Davvebingan
    Me and @Davvebingan just played I won 6 4 it was a crazy game with Griezmann getting 4 for me and his Cruyff and messi being very dangerous.

Your Messi was good as well, the corner goal was very weird thought you scored a bicycle kick just to see Griezz get a head on it
  • Finesse_4days

Your Messi was good as well, the corner goal was very weird thought you scored a bicycle kick just to see Griezz get a head on it

I'd like to think it was going in anyway but probably not as Mbappe doesn't have the best volleys. Messi Has made a big difference to my team ,I prefer him to Neymar.
  • MoyPlaysFut2016
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sign me up.
  • Davvebingan

I'd like to think it was going in anyway but probably not as Mbappe doesn't have the best volleys. Messi Has made a big difference to my team ,I prefer him to Neymar.

Yeah would have been a nominee for goal of the week
    Messi is great, enjoy him
  • Daveofwales01
    7224 posts Big Money Move
    Loving this already, throwing out a GG again to @Finesse_4days from earlier today, was a game worthy of opening such a tournament, end to end action, a couple of good goals and of course some EA intervention as we both had weird forcefield moments.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    Shame we couldn't stream the entirety of this, would be a much better watch than that Ultimate Timed-Finesse Shot simulator EA hosted at the weekend.
  • VanBasten12
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Right chaps....let's do this.......pumped to get my backside handed to me.... :D

Are we capping the max rating of our teams and must be 100 chem? or are we anything goes in terms of players and chemistry?

So I'll be available Wednesday from 10pm GMT to early (I don't need beauty sleep) and same again Thursday
    Friday I'll be working from home in the morning so can play from 9.30am to noon

@VanBasten12 thanks for taking the time to organise....

@Addicksfan … only a pleasure mate.

I think for now, we'll keep it as "use the team you want to". But again, there will be some reasonableness/logic to use.

Based on how things go, there can certainly be some formalising it a bit more for future purposes.
  • Finesse_4days
    Loving this already, throwing out a GG again to @Finesse_4days from earlier today, was a game worthy of opening such a tournament, end to end action, a couple of good goals and of course some EA intervention as we both had weird forcefield moments.

yeh it was a good first game, I got a bit lucky with the goal at the end from Griezmann but I thought it was a real even and competitive match that could have gone either way.
  • mjs4p
    10680 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Did enquire about this in the other thread.
    Clearly not worthy :trollface:

Same. I think I’m in a mythical US division that doesn’t exist! :D
  • Daveofwales01
    7224 posts Big Money Move

yeh it was a good first game, I got a bit lucky with the goal at the end from Griezmann but I thought it was a real even and competitive match that could have gone either way.

Yep, most enjoyable match I've had in weeks