PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #5

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    14209 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    They say first-time finesse shots have been nerfed.
    Well guess what, for me they're exactly the opposite, they're even more OP than before. Not even using timed finishing.
    NIF Perisic is absolutely ridiculous, every shot is either a goal or at least on-target.
    And he doesn't even have the bloody "finesse shot" trait. :joy:
  • speeches123
    61 posts Park Captain
    Any update on manual control filters on FUT online matches?
  • SegueJogo
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    What do you think still needs to be looked at?

When it comes to gameplay, basically everything. [Edit - My post is concerning pro clubs/ultimate team]

First off, when you guys think about developing the game, does it come to your mind that people want to get fun instead of frustration or stress?

Now you wonder - "what do you mean by frustration or stress?"

Now back to gameplay, I understand you guys hear people's feedback every year and try to accommodate everyone by "sorta" making the game easier or doable for every player, either it's a casual or a grinder/competitor(I don't want to use the word veteran for some odd reasons) but getting things straight:

- How can the game be any fun when you make it less manual, meaning you control it less by allowing the AI to do 80% of the job at mostly every match you play specially at defending, and in case you forcely start controlling the players, the defence goes all out of the line regardless of the tactic/formation you have?

This issue among RNG(due to different players stats) causes several but really several rebounds after rebounds to whoever is attacking making it impossible to defend. [None of this happened on the prior releases unless bugs which is common to happen]

- What was the reason for changing the shooting mechanism(fifa17/18 to the new one on 19) or to make it more "fined" if supposedly only great players are capable of scoring far from the box and instead every single player can do that if shot at the right time?

Again more RNG on this killing the skill gap.

- Why does every cross or long balls work perfect every time you go on counter attack even if your attacker doesn't any have pace and yet due to rebounds, the attacker gets the ball most of the time?

It's things like these that by being so inconsistent that stresses people and yet, this issue doesn't happen once or twice, it really happens many times during a match making you so pissed that you don't know what else to do besides closing your game and call it a day.
    Post edited by SegueJogo on
  • @EA_Andy this is one of the biggest issues i've experienced and it happens quite a bit.

You can't switch to the nearest player when the ball is loose, which coincidently it happens quite a bit in the box with loose balls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/a0ecgv/love_when_it_wont_let_me_switch_players/

More notes can be viewed here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ball-ricochets-from-own-player-other-players-cannot-be-selected/m-p/7169284#M4280
  • SPLIFFSTAR
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Many issues.main 1 at the moment regarding gameplay is STAMINA. Even without using high pressure tactic my players are dead on their feet by 65 minutes.and that been conservative with my sprints only really use in attack or chasing somebody back. By 65 minutes game time I have a tiny tiny little red bar of stamina left and if I dare to try to sprint the player will pull up injured. After the game my players are losing 9/10 fitness points per game.it only used to be 6/7 which made a massive difference believe me
  • Starheads/GK Gloves/GK Kits

Hi - seen a lot of posts already about the massive lack of starheads in the game, particularly the Bundesliga and also with new signings everyone wants to play with/use/buy (seen Lucas Torreira/Bernd Leno mentioned most frequently). We all saw last year with the World Cup that starheads can be updated in the game so is there a plan for this to be rectified? It’s something that really niggles away - FIFA is so well known, and rightly so, for its realism so when you get a player a lot of people want to use and they’ve got an awful stock-face I just find I want to use them less and less and it really takes away from the overall experience.

I’ve also noticed on the player editing side of things - some GK gloves (particularly Nike ones) exist in the game but you can’t actually assign them to a GK on Edit Player - is this something to be unlocked or is this an error? Again it just frustrates with the reality aspect.

Also can we please have an option where you have two GK kits available to choose before a match - I mostly play with Arsenal and the green GK kit is the least worn so far irl. Surely with Puma/Nike etc all of the GK kits are actually pretty much one and the same bar the club logos etc. Can there not be an option to choose which GK kit to wear like you would home/away/alternate? Again the reality aspect is really frustrating

• drmr92
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree there should be an option to change a GK kit and also to change the colour of the shorts when your team's shorts is the same colour as the opposition's. And also I asked will you update Jorginho face and other star players and will you fix the issue where if we have already started a career mode the updated face of the players are not in the save we are playing. And also what about the camera problem where in many stadiums changing height and zoom sliders does not have any effect? Can you answer? Thank you.
  • drmr92
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Also Crystal Palace, Wolves, Watford don't have their third kits.
  • Icatalin03
    52 posts Park Captain
    Broadcast package Serie A TIM when ??????
  • OfficialPayton
    409 posts Sunday League Hero
    Where’s the new 5 boots?
  • MOES98
    73 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy this is one of the biggest issues i've experienced and it happens quite a bit.

You can't switch to the nearest player when the ball is loose, which coincidently it happens quite a bit in the box with loose balls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/a0ecgv/love_when_it_wont_let_me_switch_players/

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ball-ricochets-from-own-player-other-players-cannot-be-selected/m-p/7169284#M4280

+1

• L4r14m
    63 posts Park Captain
    So, apparently the new patch kinda breaks the career mode. More specifically, players cannot be developed through training anymore (at least the overall ratings don’t improve) and player ratings are acting in funny ways more generally. There have been multiple reports on these issues. Any word on whether something is being done about this?
  • EA_Andy
    2743 posts EA Community Manager
    L4r14m wrote: »
    So, apparently the new patch kinda breaks the career mode. More specifically, players cannot be developed through training anymore (at least the overall ratings don’t improve) and player ratings are acting in funny ways more generally. There have been multiple reports on these issues. Any word on whether something is being done about this?

We saw some reports that the overall ranks had dropped by 1 following the patch - we're taking a look into this. No further info at the moment.
  • EA_Andy
    @EA_Andy this is one of the biggest issues i've experienced and it happens quite a bit.

Thanks - passed that on.
  • L4r14m
    63 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018

We saw some reports that the overall ranks had dropped by 1 following the patch - we're taking a look into this. No further info at the moment.

Thanks! But it’s more than that: if I train a player to a new ”level”, this doesn’t happen, but he rather drops back to the previous OVR level. A drop of 1 for some players would not be *so* bad. But now it seems players cannot be developed. Which means the entire career mode becomes kind of pointless.

But yeah, it’s great to know this is being looked into.
  • EA_Andy

Thanks! But it’s more than that: if I train a player to a new ”level”, this doesn’t happen, but he rather drops back to the previous OVR level. A drop of 1 for some players would not be *so* bad. But now it seems players cannot be developed. Which means the entire career mode becomes kind of pointless.

But yeah, it’s great to know this is being looked into.

Will make sure that's being tracked too.
  • What are the new boots om this update?
  • Alemas_2012
    14209 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    Where’s the new 5 boots?

Are you on PC?
  • EA_Andy wrote: »
    There is more to it than simply just removing it for the fun of it. We're looking into what we can do around this, we're definitely aware of the feedback from the Career Mode community.

@EA_Andy , Can I ask what the reasoning was behind limiting the slots to 4 instead of 8? It really didn't seem like something that needed to be changed or something that as it was affected... anything, really.

As for Career Mode, I really hope you guys are actually looking into it, because, as a Career-Mode only player, it does seem like our concerns aren't being heard. I don't really care about the save slot issue myself, but it seems like something so unnecessary that had no possibility as being seen as a positive change.

That being said:

1) I also just saw the issue happen where training a player in "player development" doesn't increase their overall. I just "leveled" G. Donnarumma from an 86 to an 87, and, sure enough, going to the squad screen, he is still an 86 overall, and stayed there for a couple of days. This DEFINITELY needs a fix, and SOON. It's currently unplayable as it stands, because there's no way to progress players. The kids I've spent so much time on scouting and buying are now worthless.

2) The stamina issue. After the 1.05 patch, stamina seems to deplete even faster than before. I'm having trouble keeping guys able to play through a full match, even with a week off between games. I've had two players in the last few in-game weeks say they need a day off, whereas I've had that happen only 2 or 3 times in the last few years playing this game, and those were with players who had very very little stamina. I can deal, but it's kind of a pain point, makes it tough to keep players from getting hurt.

3) Loaning players out can be sometimes impossible. I understand having to share the salary with the team a player is being loaned to, but most recently I tried loaning a 17 year old, recently promoted from the youth team, and for an entire year "contract negotiations broke down" happened left and right, I'd say a good 25-30 times before I got fed up and just released him. And it happens with many players, both new youth players and young pre-existing players. It's not a new issue, and it seems like a large one that should have been addressed last year, even before getting to this year's iteration.

• I have been playing FIFA since 8 years the worst season is FIFA 19.
    Here’s some problems in fifa hopefully fix it sooner:

1. Arbitration is bad especially in the penalty area.
    2. The goalkeeper does not catch the ball well and causes many mistakes in front of the opponent.
    3. The player also controls a bad ball and very easy to cut off the ball.
    4. Any player kicks the ball curve it must be a goal very easily.
    5. Also many special cards for players
    6. Moving the goalkeeper from the goal is very bad.
    These problems do not exist in the seasons before.
  • Please!!! Make and add more faces for any player who fake faces, frustrating seeing Fred of Manu, Jorginho of Chelsea, Arthur or Malcom of Barca and many many more ASAP. I hope EA will be add on the next FIFA 19 Title Update of one's own volition.
  • Captain_Emirate
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    still half time finished is not fixed while attacking, and the ball is near trarget. it wasn't in previous versions of fifa, you have a chance to score and the referee ends the time! ⏱️
  • G9020wk
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    hi Ea

Why after patch 1.06 the players regress to -1 rabiot 23 from 83 to 82, there is more in career mode suddenly just before seasons opener 10 of my player dropped -1 and they all young player Varane another one 86 to 85 and Also I understand it happens with older player not young ones @EA_Andy why
    Post edited by G9020wk on
  • When playing Online Friendlies players are shuffled into different random positions from the ones selected pre-match, we usually have to pause the game right after kickoff to fix formations
  • There is something that EA isn’t telling us about these patches. My gameplay changes drastically after each new patch. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. After patch 4 gameplay felt smoother and more responsive. I started winning. Since the last patch my gameplay has gotten slower with significant button delay. I’m losing to guys not because I’m suddenly a worse player. I can see their attack coming from miles away. Im simply late to every single tackle. I feel as though I’ve been purposely given a competitive disadvantage since the last patch. I also believe that EA is changing who they give this “server” advantage to. The game is pretty simple and not many people are playing styles that are hard to predict but if your timing is off then your in trouble. If your late to a tackle you might be ok but if you’re late to every single tackle during the game then you’re going to concede goals. If your slower on offense then you become predictable and easy to defend. It’s clear that whichever player has a better connection to the server will have a distinct advantage in 50/50 challenges, as well as better timing on offense and defense. This game is only fun if you’re winning and I think that ea is giving a server advantage to certain players in hopes of keeping them into the game. More people stick with the game, more chance that they’ll buy packs. Simple EA logic. Guess what, I’m no longer sticking with this game. I’m off to give PES a shot...
  • DelboyIRA
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy

While I was changing boots and ratings for most players in EFL Championship, EFL League One and Two I saw that many players have this problem. On the TEAM SHEETS they have one kind of ratings, and when you go to EDIT PLAYERS they got the different mark.

(I'm not speaking about Career Mode because I'm still in process of editing players, so this is happening in normal menu)
  • G9020wk
    76 posts Park Captain
    DelboyIRA wrote: »
    @EA_Andy

While I was changing boots and ratings for most players in EFL Championship, EFL League One and Two I saw that many players have this problem. On the TEAM SHEETS they have one kind of ratings, and when you go to EDIT PLAYERS they got the different mark.

(I'm not speaking about Career Mode because I'm still in process of editing players, so this is happening in normal menu)

Have the same issue when you in the editor they -1 and in career mode they drop just before the start of the season. Please fix the Squads all we asking. Cause when you load to 1st of August some players really drop not sure why. I think your editor or player database is corrupt after 1.6 patch. In edit mode some players are -1 and i restarted again last night happen again. Some players drop even though they performing and then struggling to grow again. Varane go’s from 86 and in edit mode is 85. I’m losing my take overs and scouting catalogs cause have restart. Ea really this really bad. Fix it.
  • G9020wk
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018

Yeah right so this will probably only be fixed next week. This game is really disappointing wow sad state of this game. I love the fifa franchise. But clearly EA CAN’t care less. We now will have wait now till tuesday or whenever for this to be fixed. I give up. I think i’m not gonna buy this companies products. I was thinking of buying New Battlefield, hell no not buying any games from ea for next few years. EA BROKE MY SPIRIT. Wow
    @EA_Andy
  • blue166
    605 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @EA_Andy Something needs doing with timed finishing. Either remove it or nerf it seriously good and proper.

I really am not a fan of it and feel it's too OP for those using it.

• G9020wk
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2018
    I don’t care about gameplay anymore, because people moaning over gameplay don’t see the other 💩 being messed up the squads in the game. Fix the bugs in the squad and f gameplay for now cause gameplay is f247.....k this game up