PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #5

EA_Andy
1931 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 6
41ur8h7nvhdi.png

The latest title update for FIFA 19 is now live. You can read some of the detail from this patch in our latest pitch notes article here.

You can also check out the full list of changes in the patch notes here.

Let us know your thoughts and any questions you have about this.
Post edited by EA_Andy on

Comments

• IamFrench
    1033 posts Professional
    Very happy to note that there is no change on:
    - Dynamic Tactics which does not work
    - No nerf on Timed Finishing
    - No fix on the" rebounds" that were amplified with the latest update

But we have a correction on the skill move "Elastico"
  • Looks like EA are admitting finishing is more important for outside of the box shots than the long shot attribute is.

Guys I uninstalled the game on Dec 1st and it has must been a glorious train wreck to watch since then.
  • Alemas_2012
    13223 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 6
    IamFrench wrote: »

Also very happy to note no changes to the custom tactics of SB squads, with them all having "Possession/Tiki Taka" and "No Pressure", meaning they all park the bus...
    Give us some variety. :D
  • ThomasHK1979
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No fixing of the stamina when playing career mode. Played this game for 20 years. I’m done now. Year after year EA is pissing on the customers who only play career mode.
  • @EA_Andy, thank you for the latest changes to first time finesse shots. It will make the game a lot better.

One area which needs improvement is penalties taken by players who use the D-Pad to move. At present penalties taken can only go in 3 directions left post, right post or centre. This leads to penalties randomly hitting the post or going wide unlike players who can move with the analogy.

There is no way of taking penalities close to the keepers right or left like an anlog player would be able to or guaranteeing that penalities will stay within the posts. The only way of making sure it stays on target is by aiming up (center) on the D-Pad. This leads to an easy save by the keeper if he stays in the middle. This wouldnt be the case if we could aim slightly left or right of centre.

This is very frustrating especially during FUT champs. And what's worse you cannot change to analog during the penalty shoot out for better accuracy as the settings won't allow it. Is it possible to create an option where D-Pad players had slightly more control of aiming at penalties or using the analog during penalities?

Another D-Pad issue is pushing the ball forward with the analogy for the player to sprint in space. I find that 7/10 times if you try to push the analog forward for a sprint action, the player randomly lobs the ball instead of sprinting into space. Please could you look into this?

Many thanks

• hooligan87
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You will never find a balance! Always players will complain that auto-shots are either too easy to score or too difficult! Only one way out! Shots must be controlled by the player and not by the computer!
  • Janscharie
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Me reading, hoping for something like "resolved server issues/delay/lag"

Disapointed..again..
  • eladlad
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gk still cant roll the ball on the ground when using manual controls. Shame!
  • Rustu
    2 posts Ball Boy
    cant paly anymore , awful update , no balance in the game bad bad bad update 5 , shame on you
  • boekkie
    820 posts Semi-Pro
    Still no decent ai defending nerf. Guess 1 more month and I will be done with this mess
  • Rustu
    2 posts Ball Boy
    competitor too strong , my team can not rust.... solution.....
  • For when an update that deletes the complete game ..... and can play in MINECRAFT to football .... surely it will be better than this.
  • That's great and all but when are you going to fix goalkeeper passing? I can't roll it on the ground and throwing it is a slow motion hook shot attackers can run under.
  • Please, please, please!!! New faces need to be added more regularly, frustrating seeing Fred of Man U with a generic face 😡😡
  • jam13
    11 posts Ball Boy
    EA Andy do you honestly think this game is playable? when the game was first released I liked it now it's a train wrecked and i'm begging every one on here please don't buy fifa 20 unless we get what we asked for, are EA even reading these forums the game sucks where in the world can you find a football game without fouls i'm really tired of this crap, please hire the guys on operation sports at least they are more dedicated.
  • Can you tell us now if you have no plans to address community feedback around career modes?

I still cannot fathom why you took away 4 save slots in 19 version. Why a limit at all? Why purposefully take away slots? Its the opposite of what you should be doing.... I have worked as PM in enterprise and consumer software for 30 years. It is either tech debt issue or you are purposefully trying to move your customers off career modes...
  • The last patch god knows what it did coz I see no difference in ai defending people still use their cdm to defend that’s why the 4231 is favored coz of 2 cdm who basically play the whole game and nerf the timed finishing coz build up play should be rewarded not ridiculous shots from godly angles
  • I honestly In past FIFA games never ever bought another game other then FIFA the whole year I would just play FIFA but this year the game just feels bad with the AI defendings and timed finishing,i have bought rdr2 and call of duty this year for the first time I have moved on from FIFA but time to time I try to play again and lose my **** with the AI again and then leave it..I honestly don’t think I will be pre ordering any more FIFA titles
  • SVKslato8
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    You will never find a balance! Always players will complain that auto-shots are either too easy to score or too difficult! Only one way out! Shots must be controlled by the player and not by the computer!

exactly this we need manual control
  • EA_Andy
    boekkie wrote: »
    Still no decent ai defending nerf. Guess 1 more month and I will be done with this mess

There were A.I changes in a recent patch. What do you think still needs to be looked at?
    Please, please, please!!! New faces need to be added more regularly, frustrating seeing Fred of Man U with a generic face 😡😡

Nothing more we can say on this other than we're always looking at new starheads we can add..
    Zorryn wrote: »
    Can you tell us now if you have no plans to address community feedback around career modes?

I still cannot fathom why you took away 4 save slots in 19 version. Why a limit at all? Why purposefully take away slots? Its the opposite of what you should be doing.... I have worked as PM in enterprise and consumer software for 30 years. It is either tech debt issue or you are purposefully trying to move your customers off career modes...

There is more to it than simply just removing it for the fun of it. We're looking into what we can do around this, we're definitely aware of the feedback from the Career Mode community.
    eladlad wrote: »

We're tracking it as a bug but as with anything like this there's no time frame I can provide on a potential fix.
  • Anarki301
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    What do you think still needs to be looked at?

Seriously? Does anyone in ea plays this game? Wait, I've been just hit with this shocking idea, how about that computer doesn't play for human players, I mean okay, I understand it might be the brand new concept of pvp, but I think it just might work, imagine a football video game where actual humans play the game to their own ability, wow, that would be so sweet, maybe in a few decades we can have something like this.
  • EA_Andy
    edited December 7
    Anarki301 wrote: »

Seriously? Does anyone in ea plays this game? Wait, I've been just hit with this shocking idea, how about that computer doesn't play for human players, I mean okay, I understand it might be the brand new concept of pvp, but I think it just might work, imagine a football video game where actual humans play the game to their own ability, wow, that would be so sweet, maybe in a few decades we can have something like this.

Sarcasm is great but constructive feedback is what's actually helpful.

Lots of people have differing opinions on exactly how they'd like to see the game changed or what needs to be worked on. It's always handy to hear specifics which is why I asked.
  • Alemas_2012

*Cough*

Also very happy to note no changes to the custom tactics of SB squads, with them all having "Possession/Tiki Taka" and "No Pressure", meaning they all park the bus...

• eladlad
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect

There were A.I changes in a recent patch. What do you think still needs to be looked at?
    Please, please, please!!! New faces need to be added more regularly, frustrating seeing Fred of Man U with a generic face 😡😡

Nothing more we can say on this other than we're always looking at new starheads we can add..
    Zorryn wrote: »
    Can you tell us now if you have no plans to address community feedback around career modes?

There is more to it than simply just removing it for the fun of it. We're looking into what we can do around this, we're definitely aware of the feedback from the Career Mode community.
    eladlad wrote: »

We're tracking it as a bug but as with anything like this there's no time frame I can provide on a potential fix.

Thanks for replying.
  • Anarki301
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I thought this is constructive feedback, minimize the level of computer involvement in pvp.

Lots of people have differing opinions on exactly how they'd like to see the game changed or what needs to be worked on.

Fully aware of that fact, so this is why I've been saying this for a long time, then give us the option to choose how much level of ai involvement we want in online modes (doesn't have to be competitive modes, any mode would be fine imo), more options and more freedom might enable us to have a game more to our individual preferences, some matchmaking filter, but let us not go into too much detail.

Also, I'm aware it's not actually a feedback, more in the realm of game policies and how it should be presented to the players, but still, maybe it's worth to look into this, more happy customers can't be a bad thing no matter what other challenges this changes would present us with.
  • EA_Andy

*Cough*

Seen this by the way - thanks!
  • Alemas_2012

*Cough*

Good.
    Will we get another patch before Christmas?
  • EA_Andy

*Cough*

Good.

Honest answer is I don't know at this stage. It's not usually something we'll announce in advance but when we know it's coming we'll let you know.
  • jam13
    11 posts Ball Boy

*Cough*

Good.

Honest answer is I don't know at this stage. It's not usually something we'll announce in advance but when we know it's coming we'll let you know.

EA Andy since you're replying can you please sort out the mechanisms in the EPL career mode the top six teams are not performing, in November Chelsea shouldn't be in a relegation battle and Man City should at least make the champions league and it happens all the time and tell the developers to sort the transfers as well thank you in advance
  • hooligan87
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 7
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    hooligan87 wrote: »

exactly this we need manual control

On manual control is a completely different game! There much depends on the skill of the player. Many different goals scored. Goalkeepers don't seem useless because not all shots fly to the corners of the goal! The game is realistic interesting and fair game! But the developers make us play primitive stupid football on auto-control! They at least would make any tournaments or competitions on manual control! I don't know why they don't! They just ignore it.
    I'm sure most players want freedom on the field! To control your actions as much as possible. Even noobs. The main thing to understand how to aim! Need training!
    Post edited by hooligan87 on