MLS MVP Award today!?

Dutch007
2375 posts Fans' Favourite
Josef Martinez the big favourite and his team just tweeted this:

Comments

• Dutch007
    Last year the award ceremony was this monday!
  • Dutch007
    140xgyx.jpg
  • Absting159
    6541 posts Moderator
    If he gets good boosts that could be a fun card. Hard to hybrid together though.
  • TakeItSlow
    4514 posts National Call-Up
    A special Martinez would be interesting.

His 81 card currently has 90 agility, 91 balance, 84 positioning, 84 finishing, 73 strength. Decent for the rating, buff every stat by 7 or 8 and its a fun card.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    1957 posts Play-Off Hero
    No Zlatan no fun
  • Chubbs
    14178 posts Has That Special Something
    The twitter account does those post almost every day. Award is given during the MLS final im pretty sure, which is Saturday.
  • Dutch007
    Chubbs wrote: »
    The twitter account does those post almost every day. Award is given during the MLS final im pretty sure, which is Saturday.

Last year it was the monday before the MLS Cup final..
  • Chubbs
    Dutch007 wrote: »
    Chubbs wrote: »

Last year it was the monday before the MLS Cup final..

Maybe so then. Card would go straight into my team and would use it all year long.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25969 posts Player of the Year
    I’m intrigued, really wanted his record breaker last year but never got to use him in the end.
  • SweatBeautifully
    1353 posts Professional
    140xgyx.jpg

Really hoping for this. If anyone else gets it I might cry
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    30227 posts National Team Captain
    140xgyx.jpg

:heart: i can’t wait
  • WFCBagnall
    67125 posts Moderator
    Would be tempted
  • CeeQue
    10139 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

His 81 card currently has 90 agility, 91 balance, 84 positioning, 84 finishing, 73 strength. Decent for the rating, buff every stat by 7 or 8 and its a fun card.

Also 86 Jumping and 77 heading accuracy so a +7 boost on both def/phys will pump this 5'7 behemoth well into the high 80's
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

His current card is fantastic. One of my favorite super subs. Don’t forget 86 jumping
  • Dutch007
    Can't wait to use Josef! :p
  • LDevlin
    1874 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would be this years lozano if that’s the case
  • FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    LDevlin wrote: »

You mean this years Josef. Only sheep used Lozano last year. ;)

Had over a thousand goals with his various cards last year including 600+ with his first in form. Loved it.

Played him on 5 chem half the year just to get him in haha. Been collecting MLS in forms for the last month waiting for this. Fingers crossed!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Last years IF and SIF were incredible
  • Chubbs
    Last years IF and SIF were incredible

I have the best memories from the first IF because we got it so early. Getting to use it against all the starter teams wasnt fair.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2018

Had over a thousand goals with his various cards last year including 600+ with his first in form. Loved it.

Played him on 5 chem half the year just to get him in haha. Been collecting MLS in forms for the last month waiting for this. Fingers crossed!

Don’t recall the last 2 years MLS MVP SBCs requiring IFs. They were both very easy and cheap to complete.

hope they don’t change that, or maybe I do so it’s completed less. Lol. Either way I’m completing it
  • Dutch007

Don’t recall the last 2 years MLS MVP SBCs requiring IFs. They were both very easy and cheap to complete.

hope they don’t change that, or maybe I do so it’s completed less. Lol. Either way I’m completing it

1 IF required last year
  • CeeQue
    10139 posts Has That Special Something

Was the same for Villa also but he was any IF i believe.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2018

1 IF required last year
    CeeQue wrote: »

Was the same for Villa also but he was any IF i believe.

Ah maybe I had an untradable or something. I just recall them costing me next to nothing haha.

That Villa card was so good

Edit.

So Villa was 11 mls players, 11 nationalities. 76 overall, 100 chem.

Valeri was 6 mls players, 1 TOTW, 5 nationalities, 76 overall, 90 chem. And the CAM spot was blocked for Valeri
  • Geenoui
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    One can only hope. Would be an awesome sub
  • LDevlin
    1874 posts Play-Off Hero

I never used Lozano but I used Josef all year with his latest card 😍
  • SuperRob
    1326 posts Professional
    Do we know if this is being awarded today?
  • Geenoui
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    SuperRob wrote: »

Worth picking up a few MLS players just incase before they go from 1000 coins or less to 3k
  • Dutch007
    Supposed to be a press conference in Atlanta on wednesday I heard..
  • Eddie Jones
    1547 posts Play-Off Hero
    Geenoui wrote: »
    SuperRob wrote: »

Worth picking up a few MLS players just incase before they go from 1000 coins or less to 3k

I know it’s a different sbc but last year for the Alessandrini SBC I had a load of Giovincos that sold for like 7k. It was the most I made on an investment last fifa. So may not be a bad idea.