Selling my XBOX - help on pricing.

Absting159
6677 posts Moderator
edited December 2018
My wife is getting me an XBOX One X for Christmas. I have an XBOX One Day One Edition with the box, if I clean it up it'll look like its relatively new. Adult owned.

The kicker, I have Rocksmith 2014 with the cable to attach a real guitar to the XBOX. The cable looks to go for 30 bucks itself, and with the game like 50-60 ish. Will also include Battlefield 4 (I actually bought that game and have the disk).

What should I start the bidding on? I'm USD. Just looking to get some realistic idea's so that I can sell it quick. That's going to be part of the fund to get a 4k TV.

Thanks!

Comments

• dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bought a One S on black friday for £158. Sold my 500GB Black for £135 using Facebook Marketplace,didn't use Ebay as I'd lose a chunk of cash on fees
  • Absting159
    6677 posts Moderator
    @dylwms Hadnt considered Facebook. I'll probably just do ebay as I'm familiar - and don't have Facebook.

In all honestly, my target is somewhere between $150 and $200. . .I probably could even offer a TV with the package. Not sure how I'd ship the TV though, that'd be expensive.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6916 posts Big Money Move
    dylwms wrote: »
    Bought a One S on black friday for £158. Sold my 500GB Black for £135 using Facebook Marketplace,didn't use Ebay as I'd lose a chunk of cash on fees

Any games or just console?
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    "Adult owned"

I take care of mine dude
  • ccooaattssyy
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    "Adult owned"

I take care of mine dude

But ye controllers covered in Cheetos!
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018

I chucked 3 games in skyrim, Ghost Recon Wildlands & fifa 18. Although when the guy picked it up he said he didn't really want the games.
  • Absting159
    6677 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    "Adult owned"

I take care of mine dude

@hjdjydyufu

You're kidding, right? Please tell me I offended you by saying that. You a "non-adult" who takes care of their things? Good for you.

If you'd take some time to look at resale electronics, you'd notice this is a very common term used because it inflates the value slightly. Whether true or not, adult owned items, are thought to have been better cared for. So whether or not you go against the grain, I couldn't care less, I'm not selling yours.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Absting159 wrote: »
    "Adult owned"

I take care of mine dude

@hjdjydyufu

You're kidding, right? Please tell me I offended you by saying that. You a "non-adult" who takes care of their things? Good for you.

If you'd take some time to look at resale electronics, you'd notice this is a very common term used because it inflates the value slightly. Whether true or not, adult owned items, are thought to have been better cared for. So whether or not you go against the grain, I couldn't care less, I'm not selling yours.

But he is an adult. He's like 40
  • Absting159
    6677 posts Moderator
    I just don't get what that post is meant to accomplish. I'm not trying to offend you, I'm stating a fact. If you choose to be offended, grow up. I wasn't talking about you.

I'm not selling his Xbox. I'm selling mine. I'm trying to maximize my value. . .of course I will mention that because it makes it worth more.

Especially when parents of children are who I'm marketing it to - they know how their kids take care of things.
  • ccooaattssyy

I chucked 3 games in skyrim, Ghost Recon Wildlands & fifa 18. Although when the guy picked it up he said he didn't really want the games.

Should’ve kept em :o
  • maXmood
    1988 posts Fans' Favourite
    "Adult owned" is like saying "none-smoker owner" when looking for a car.. it does make a difference in price and consideration.. that's always a good thing..
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    alot of retailers are taking in the xbox one's if you put it towards the purchase of the x . Here in the states they will give you $200 . Look into those offers
  • Dalez84
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I traded my original Xbox one for a one x at the game store. Easiest option. Might not get as much for it though.