Constant Pressure

wizardoffire
930 posts Professional
So far Ive lost 4 games this weekend league and all to constant pressure players and Im getting frustrated when a dead stamina player is still catching up POTM Aubameyang.

I currently play a 4231 with the CAMS but looking at keeping that set up. Can someone recommend some tactics that I can switch to effectively counter this because Im constantly penned in my own half

Comments

• Ruprecht
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just counter it by changing to constant pressure myself. Works for me. Dont use it otherwise though.
  • Foldsea
    1236 posts Professional
    If you only lost 4 games , gg
    Dont need to come here for advice
  • wizardoffire
    930 posts Professional
    Foldsea wrote: »

should add that im 4-4
  • ha032742
    37947 posts Moderator
    So far Ive lost 4 games this weekend league and all to constant pressure players and Im getting frustrated when a dead stamina player is still catching up POTM Aubameyang.

I currently play a 4231 with the CAMS but looking at keeping that set up. Can someone recommend some tactics that I can switch to effectively counter this because Im constantly penned in my own half

I’m not doing amazing by any stretch this weekend at 12-2 but I use 4231 and since the patch came out, I’ve dropped depth a little and increased width so that I can switch play more when I inevitably come across pressure abusers.
  • hiya
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    how do you do constant pressure?

i've never touched my instructions / whatever.
  • Foldsea
    1236 posts Professional
    Then you just play as the other 95% of Fifa players
    4-2-3-1 and press triangle
    No need for tactics or instructions
  • Foldsea
    1236 posts Professional
    Or option 2
    You are happy with getting Silver 1 / gold 3
    And start playing 3 atb and play nice Fifa and enjoy the game even if you loose.
    Get 4* players and make moves even if it’s not effective
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    have a possession based set up on the pad and pass around till they are drained, use the map and shift over to other side with a lob or cross as they hound you.
  • bobby2
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yep it needs to be set at 60 minutes not 80 minutes that too short to these guys to notice. Game nearly over then.
  • bobby2
    edited December 2018
    Yes it damn annoying a faster striker is on his goal and he doesn't use his pace to get in more quickly. You get pushed around and out by slower defenders,
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its harder to deal with constant pressure when the servers arent good
  • bobby2
    edited December 2018
    Foldsea wrote: »
    Then you just play as the other 95% of Fifa players
    4-2-3-1 and press triangle
    No need for tactics or instructions

No other formation works that problem with this game. Defenders will be tight in one game next they are running around uncontrolled by the AI not marking up. It like it build into the game
  • Xguti002
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    If their players are dead they will struggle if you do medium and long distance passes in the air. Then wait for a good through ball opportunity and finish the. If you try to force your way through without a good plan then yes you will be stopped
  • Tymsy83
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    Server lag is what makes them beat you to the ball
  • Low Ki
    12277 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    I've had super my super sub Son run down by a dead Kolarov. And I'm pretty sure unless the opponent is controlling a dead player the AI moves them faster than they would when holding the sprint button yourself.

Not to mention last year I could beat autodefending and AI pressing by using L1and/orR1 and shielding but now they've been massively nerfed and a constant pressure AI assisted CDM Eriksen or Fred can bully guys like Paulinho and SMS even when they have no stamina left.

The Frostbite era is one like watching a series of fails accumulate like a snowball rolling down a mountain. The results from using this game engine proves it's simply not suitable for sports games and way too much effort for dev's to work with efficiently.
  • Foldsea wrote: »

He’s only played 5
  • LiamSully
    6967 posts Big Money Move
    Low Ki wrote: »
    The Frostbite era is one like watching a series of fails accumulate like a snowball rolling down a mountain. The results from using this game engine proves it's simply not suitable for sports games and way too much effort for dev's to work with efficiently.

You’ve just gotta ask yourself who said,
    “Hey that looks super cool when that tank shoots the building, and it falls and crumbles down, let’s use that for a football game...”