Goalkeepers throwing

Westhead94
150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Is it me or are keepers very slow at getting up and distributing the ball?

Comments

• MarioCM
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Doesn't feel much different compared to the past. I like how their throwing is much more reliable than past FIFAs that's had extremely slow and weak throws.
  • Westhead94
    MarioCM wrote: »
    Doesn't feel much different compared to the past. I like how their throwing is much more reliable than past FIFAs that's had extremely slow and weak throws.

See I disagree on the part of it not feeling any different. I've used a few keepers and they're very slow getting up off the ground and throwing. You used to be able to hold right trigger run and throw and get further distance.

Maybe just me tho.
  • MarioCM
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Westhead94 wrote: »

See I disagree on the part of it not feeling any different. I've used a few keepers and they're very slow getting up off the ground and throwing. You used to be able to hold right trigger run and throw and get further distance.

Maybe just me tho.

I definitely agree on the distance, I used to love throwing bullets down the flanks.
  • Westhead94

Maybe just me tho.

I definitely agree on the distance, I used to love throwing bullets down the flanks.

Same, very difficult to go straight to the offensive.
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect

?

Prior years throws were a hundred times
    Better. You could easily throw to any player before your half way line accurately. This Fifa you can hardy throw past your penalty box
  • Westhead94

?

Better. You could easily throw to any player before your half way line accurately. This Fifa you can hardy throw past your penalty box

Kicking is more effective, but still hit and miss.
  • Libguy
    4749 posts National Call-Up
    Goalkeeper distribution is so bad this year that I’m surprised there aren’t more people asking for it to be patched (and sort of makes me wonder if I’m doing something wrong).

I played a game yesterday and my opponent was pressing since he was down a goal. I wanted my keeper to smack it downfield - anywhere near the middle of the pitch would have worked - and he lobs it to my player at the edge of the box who’s marked.

The keepers also roll out the ball in situations where a throw would be a lot safer.

Am I the only one who has these problems?
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Kicking from hand is very effective

Easily pick out the rm and lm
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move

?

Not for me
    Libguy wrote: »
    Goalkeeper distribution is so bad this year that I’m surprised there aren’t more people asking for it to be patched (and sort of makes me wonder if I’m doing something wrong).

I played a game yesterday and my opponent was pressing since he was down a goal. I wanted my keeper to smack it downfield - anywhere near the middle of the pitch would have worked - and he lobs it to my player at the edge of the box who’s marked.

The keepers also roll out the ball in situations where a throw would be a lot safer.

This is me too

Why can’t I kick it straight down the centre?!

To fullbacks or wingers, no problem
    But down the middle?
    Not once this Fifa have I been able to kick to my CDM (scream Fellaini)

• Libguy
    4749 posts National Call-Up
    LiamSully wrote: »

?

Not for me

This is me too

But down the middle?

I don’t remember ever having a problem getting the ball away in previous fifas. Now, every time my keeper has the ball at his feet , it’s a disaster waiting to happen.
  • Westhead94
    LiamSully wrote: »

?

Not for me

This is me too

But down the middle?

Yes fellaini ineffective for me too.