Does anyone still play/have players they've had since their starter squads?

Riggs006
1061 posts Professional
So basically just anyone you've had since the team you started FIFA with this year, I've still got 2 players from my first teams back when I built them on the web app the week before release. Gameiro who was great at first, was lethal in my first WL and Rivals week but didn't really compete after a month or so but I still have him even though I don't use him anymore and Vrsaljko is actually still in my team, he's a solid RB, maybe not as good as Cancelo or Florenzi's special cards but definitely good enough to still use in WL!

What about you guys?

Comments

• Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Prime Hierro for me. Bought for 594k a few days after release and he is now around the 1m range. I've played about 370 games with him and he wont ever leave my side as he is just that good. Cant believe he was so cheap at the start.

Eventually once TOTY Ramos comes out I'll move him to CDM as he has the perfect stats for a deep lying, ball playing CDM
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Fletch wrote: »
    Prime Hierro for me. Bought for 594k a few days after release and he is now around the 1m range. I've played about 370 games with him and he wont ever leave my side as he is just that good. Cant believe he was so cheap at the start.

Eventually once TOTY Ramos comes out I'll move him to CDM as he has the perfect stats for a deep lying, ball playing CDM

Nice! Like you say I'm surprised you managed to pick him up that cheap tbh! And he must be good if you are turning down around a 400k profit to keep him in! But I'm the same if there is a player I like even if his price sky rockets they are going to be staying in the team!
  • Professor
    4350 posts National Call-Up
    Kondogbia is the only one still here after almost 500 games. I have tried other more expensive CDMs to partner kante but no one has performed as good as him.

Will probably only upgrade until I can afford Prime Vieira
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Professor wrote: »
    Kondogbia is the only one still here after almost 500 games. I have tried other more expensive CDMs to partner kante but no one has performed as good as him.

Definitely got your moneys worth for almost 500 games! I'd have to agree though, I had Kondogbia for quite a while and did enjoy using him, so much so that I spent around 20k on him and by the time I was selling him he was around 5k :D

What team are you running, is it a full French?
  • michael15172211
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Got a bunch Arnautovic, Lansing, Winston Reid, Diop (West Ham), Ake, Adrian (West Ham), deulofeu, Dybala, Martial, CL Balde Keita, CL Malcuit, Colley, Caceres, Mascherano, Asamoah. They all started for me in this past WL finished 11-14, Arnie has like 265 in 285. Also have Antonio but swapped him for the Futswap one
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Only player that would count for me is Bailly though I upgraded from his base to his red card but used him from start.

Have had Lukaku from about 5 days in he replaced Zaha.
  • Professor
    Riggs006 wrote: »

Definitely got your moneys worth for almost 500 games! I'd have to agree though, I had Kondogbia for quite a while and did enjoy using him, so much so that I spent around 20k on him and by the time I was selling him he was around 5k :D

Yup that's how much I paid when he was extinct.

I have a La liga, BPL, Ligue 1 hybrid going on
  • CFCHenri
    4707 posts National Call-Up
    Allan. Verdi.
  • Geenoui
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alex sandro (packed him in 2 player upgrades)

Still use him in my Brazil fitness squad, has 800+ games
  • thedustman
    689 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have cl benzema still and kondogbia, just let go of kondogbia but benzema will still be there until I upgrade to the ucl
  • MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Gorkeza
  • Professor
    thedustman wrote: »
    I have cl benzema still and kondogbia, just let go of kondogbia but benzema will still be there until I upgrade to the ucl

I had all 3 versions of Benz and the UCL and RTTF feel exactly the same. If you will hold it for a while then it's worth it once he gets upgraded
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6712 posts Big Money Move
    I can't even remember what players I was using at the start :D
  • thedustman

I had all 3 versions of Benz and the UCL and RTTF feel exactly the same. If you will hold it for a while then it's worth it once he gets upgraded

Thanks I play him on 8 chem with cl dembele on the RW and cl me year of ln the left. He scores and assist more than any other. Do you think it's worth the upgrad as I would keep him?
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    Allan. Verdi.

I had Allan for a while at the beginning was always surprisingly cheap from the start as well, surprising since he's probably one of the best CDM's from Serie A! Do you play Verdi RM or RW because I could never get the best out of him really!
  • GeorgeGervin
    3514 posts National Call-Up
    Fekir Cavani and Rabiot in the fitness squad !
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional

Yup that's how much I paid when he was extinct.

I have a La liga, BPL, Ligue 1 hybrid going on

Hybrid is always the best way too go! The more leagues the better haha, who have you got in your team then? :)
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    My whole team is my starter squad except for griezmann and red Maher’s. Prices are to expensive for me rn.
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional

I used Benzema's NIF from in my starter team and always was a great card to use! Definitely like the look of that UCL card though, is it just a case of saving up the coins to get him for you?
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Gorkeza

Goretzka is always a good shout, surprised he is so cheap considering how good he is!
  • FifaTaco
    2228 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oblak has been there the whole way for me.
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Fekir Cavani and Rabiot in the fitness squad !

Nice! What is Cavani like? I've used Fekir and Rabiot and they were definitely good value for money but never used Cavani before!
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Got Pogba in a 2 player pack on 1st day. Over 400 games now.
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    FifaTaco wrote: »

Good choice! Is that in a full La Liga team or hybrid? I don't see him as much because he's difficult to fit in hybrids without using the likes of Godin, having said that Godin is a good card this year!
  • Riggs006
    1061 posts Professional
    Got Pogba in a 2 player pack on 1st day. Over 400 games now.

Haha nice! Do you play him at CM or CDM?
  • Bahpham
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    IF Ben yedder. Packed him untradable from gold upgrade in the beginning. As he is too effective & good link w Mbappe, Griezmann in my team. Only upgrade him in case Neymar got ST/CAM
  • xHades
    15179 posts World Class
    Depay. I packed him in my launch packs and other than swapping him for an untradeable I got from an upgrade pack he's been a constant in my fitness team.
  • FifaTaco
    2228 posts Fans' Favourite
    FifaTaco wrote: »

Good choice! Is that in a full La Liga team or hybrid? I don't see him as much because he's difficult to fit in hybrids without using the likes of Godin, having said that Godin is a good card this year!

He’s in a hybrid mate, yeah I do use godin with flashback Juanfran on the right. Very satisfied with my defence. I think full league teams are a bit boring this year, like to be a bit creative :wink:
  • thedustman

I used Benzema's NIF from in my starter team and always was a great card to use! Definitely like the look of that UCL card though, is it just a case of saving up the coins to get him for you?

Yh I just saving
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Promes is my super sub. Won me a game yesterday with two goals in 81st and 89th minute.