Prices are too high to compete

Andyomazing
374 posts Sunday League Hero
I’m fully RTG. After giving the game a break for 2 weeks. I’m back and raring to go for this weeks weekend league. I had sold up with 1mil in the bank expecting prices to have flopped. Wow! I could even buy back the team I had at this point. Every player seems up 20% on when I last played. What happened to Black Friday? What happened to no one playing anymore so prices would drop with less demand?
I’m thinking of giving it a miss until Jan because I can’t compete without spending all day trading or all my spare cash on FP. Too many paying to play nevermind win.

Comments

• Numlocked_
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    The market is at an alltime high ever since before price ranges. I see Prime R9 going to 10Million easy
  • Andyomazing
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    The market is at an alltime high ever since before price ranges. I see Prime R9 going to 10Million easy

But why? I haven’t seen it this bad since we all bought coins on Fifa 14
  • cboz18
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rivals has put more coins into people's hands
  • Chubz
    3248 posts National Call-Up
    LOL, on PC players are still cheaper this year than last year :) especially Icons, way way cheaper.
  • Futfanatic
    15975 posts World Class
    I love these posts :)

You messed up big time, sold when you should be buying and now you want to buy when you should be selling.
  • Foxsake
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »

You messed up big time, sold when you should be buying and now you want to buy when you should be selling.

Well said
  • KRANG00
    1869 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't listen to Youtubers like matthdgamer who have no idea about the market.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    There’s supposed to be a crash mid December, but honestly.. I dont know if it’s actually happening this year. You should lookout on the market before we hit mid December, mate.
  • Numlocked_
    All yo uguys commenting about bad times to buy and sell. Look a little closer. There was NO precrash for Black Friday, there was NO crash during Black Friday. The market is a complete mess this year...

Prices will skyrocket. Top Tier icons will never be attainable unless you are a grade A trader or if you throw lots of cash towards EA.
  • Skillzy
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    All yo uguys commenting about bad times to buy and sell. Look a little closer. There was NO precrash for Black Friday, there was NO crash during Black Friday. The market is a complete mess this year...

Prices will skyrocket. Top Tier icons will never be attainable unless you are a grade A trader or if you throw lots of cash towards EA.

Don’t matter it’s easy to compete this year, my fitness 800k squad plays just as good as my main 9.5 million squad so don’t worry just play for fun and enjoy smashing high rated teams with mid/low teams
  • Futfanatic
    15975 posts World Class

Just because you missed the pre-crash doesn't mean there wasn't one @Numlocked_
  • swfcfan89
    1363 posts Professional
    You used to have to be a good trader, get lucky in packs, or spend tons of cash on the game to get top players years ago but with the introduction of Rivals in addition to the already lucrative FUT Champs anybody who has time to play a bunch of games has plenty of coins and good teams so there's much more competition for the high end players as a result.
  • cule54
    735 posts Semi-Pro

Sure about that buddy? A week before Black Friday Bale went from 500k to 400k. Godin from 75k to 40. Aguero from 300k to 240k. Firmino from 75k to 40k.There definitely was a crash. The fact that you may have missed it it’s another thing..too late noe
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018

Read your sentence again. You've answered why. The B word before coins. It's happening worse than ever. My last message was deleted when I explained why prices are so high.
  • Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro

I bought prime Ronaldinho on Xbox for 3.1 the Tuesday before Black Friday. He was 3.4-3.5 a few weeks before that and now he’s 3.9. So there was def a dip and a rise just as a lot of people expected. Also I wouldn’t call that a messed up market it’s a strong market. You buy players and their value doesn’t drop I have no problem with that
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner

isnt it always like this? dip before bf and then back up to pre bf prices straight after bf... sometimes even higher then that
  • Nervous_Nick
    6787 posts Big Money Move
    Today I lost a game in WL against a 30K team....his best player was Alli and he destroyed me 4-2.
    So it's absolutely possible to compete with a cheapo team.
    That said, 1 mil. would buy you a really good team...

• Andyomazing

Dude I sold up when I wasn’t going to be playing & I will buy when I’m ready to play again. I will not buy at these prices. Career mode or pro clubs is just as fun for me. I was just asking why they’re so inflated. As I RTG player on a Fifa forum would do. Go be arrogant elsewhere little child
  • Andyomazing
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    You used to have to be a good trader, get lucky in packs, or spend tons of cash on the game to get top players years ago but with the introduction of Rivals in addition to the already lucrative FUT Champs anybody who has time to play a bunch of games has plenty of coins and good teams so there's much more competition for the high end players as a result.

This is the info I was wanting. Thanks man
  • Futfanatic
    15975 posts World Class

Dude I sold up when I wasn’t going to be playing & I will buy when I’m ready to play again. I will not buy at these prices. Career mode or pro clubs is just as fun for me. I was just asking why they’re so inflated. As I RTG player on a Fifa forum would do. Go be arrogant elsewhere little child

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫
  • Andyomazing
    Durrani13 wrote: »

Read your sentence again. You've answered why. The B word before coins. It's happening worse than ever. My last message was deleted when I explained why prices are so high.

You thinks so? I hope not.
  • Monsta
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero

Not everybody treats UT like a stock market.
  • It not about team rate or player cost, its about you loving your team.
    Having they player you like and have fun (as the game allow)
  • Numlocked_

I made bank but there was NO precrash. :)
  • Andyomazing
    Monsta wrote: »

Not everybody treats UT like a stock market.

This right here. I play for fun. I stop at 14 wins on WL sometimes it takes 20 games sometimes 30 but I never stress because I don’t try hard. I just wanted to take that next step team wise. I mil gets me Neymar and Suarez I will be happy whenever I buy.
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    cboz18 wrote: »

I always go untradable becuz the market is so high. Packed some decent players like CR7, Courtois and Naingollan. Plus it let's me do sbcs a lot, which I love.

Weekend league gives me enough coins and tradables to build full the gaps between my untradables
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up

There was, a week or two before bf. I dont remember exactly when, but yeah.

It did happen.
  • Numlocked_
    FCBlunt wrote: »

There was, a week or two before bf. I dont remember exactly when, but yeah.

It did happen.

There was a downwards spiral in prices but not a crash. Not like last Fifa's. Only cards that crashed were the top tier IF they put back into packs.
  • forearms
    5565 posts Big Money Move
    jonkero wrote: »
    cboz18 wrote: »

I always go untradable becuz the market is so high. Packed some decent players like CR7, Courtois and Naingollan. Plus it let's me do sbcs a lot, which I love.

Weekend league gives me enough coins and tradables to build full the gaps between my untradables

Decent, that's an understatement.
  • arcadie
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They decreased the pack weight