The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Going to buy FIFA 19 today

maTTeOs_mAZzA
3259 posts National Call-Up
So after giving FIFA 18 a miss (first time I'd ever skipped a whole FIFA) I've decided that today is the day I get FIFA 19 and try it out.

What can I expect this year? The general consensus hasn't been great from what I've been reading on here but I've really missed playing. Don't really want to wait until FIFA 20.

Comments

• Fow
    4 posts Ball Boy
    wait another year, this game is terrible. if you are going to by it anyway by a used one so you don´t support a company that only thinks on making money instead of making good games.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Fow wrote: »
    wait another year, this game is terrible. if you are going to by it anyway by a used one so you don´t support a company that only thinks on making money instead of making good games.

But why is it terrible? Is it the servers? Gameplay? Content?
  • Moose Factory
    4562 posts National Call-Up
    You’re better off just buying FIFA 18.

Or maybe starting now on this current patch will be the best way to relearn this game. Since most of us went in after playing the demo and yeah...
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    You’re better off just buying FIFA 18.

Or maybe starting now on this current patch will be the best way to relearn this game. Since most of us went in after playing the demo and yeah...

Yeah I don't think I should play FIFA 18 if I want to be up to speed with everything.

I guess EA's patching of the game every 5 minutes hasn't changed. :(
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    You’ll never be able to buy a top end icon without outrageous, incredible luck.
  • MaldinisHeir
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    So after giving FIFA 18 a miss (first time I'd ever skipped a whole FIFA) I've decided that today is the day I get FIFA 19 and try it out.

What can I expect this year? The general consensus hasn't been great from what I've been reading on here but I've really missed playing. Don't really want to wait until FIFA 20.

I only play offline against the CPU so can only comment about that.

The game was great when it was first launched pre-patches so if you can, I’d avoid the updates and try and stick to the game like when it came out. Probably not an option if you play online.

Again if it’s just you v the CPU, you should also tweak the sliders. If you plan on playing legendary then tone down the CPU shooting accuracy to reduce the number of ridiculous goals from nowhere (about 55), passing speed to reduce the CPU ping pong passing (about 45) and first touch to again slow down the CPU a little and make them less perfect (about 55).

It’s far from perfect.

The best improvement is the formations where you can switch between 5 mid-match. In fairness they’ve made the CPU on legendary more of a challenge. Shame there’s so much blatant cheating going on.

Good luck.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA

I only play offline against the CPU so can only comment about that.

The game was great when it was first launched pre-patches so if you can, I’d avoid the updates and try and stick to the game like when it came out. Probably not an option if you play online.

Again if it’s just you v the CPU, you should also tweak the sliders. If you plan on playing legendary then tone down the CPU shooting accuracy to reduce the number of ridiculous goals from nowhere (about 55), passing speed to reduce the CPU ping pong passing (about 45) and first touch to again slow down the CPU a little and make them less perfect (about 55).

It’s far from perfect.

The best improvement is the formations where you can switch between 5 mid-match. In fairness they’ve made the CPU on legendary more of a challenge. Shame there’s so much blatant cheating going on.

Good luck.

Thanks for the insight. I do like to play career mode when I'm not playing online, so I might start off with that and see how I go.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special

An A.I. defending fest full of glitches...
  • ChrisW1991
    1116 posts Professional

Save your money and don't bother, get red dead redemption 2 or something instead
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Save your money and don't bother, get red dead redemption 2 or something instead

LOL, the reviews of RDR2 are awful. Anyway, I deleted FIFA 17 last night, I'm going back to playing FIFA 14 and 11. I've deleted 15-19, they are just a waste of time; not fun at all.
  • forearms
    5103 posts Big Money Move
    JAB69 wrote: »

LOL, the reviews of RDR2 are awful. Anyway, I deleted FIFA 17 last night, I'm going back to playing FIFA 14 and 11. I've deleted 15-19, they are just a waste of time; not fun at all.

Reviews awful? I haven't heard a single person say anything but glowing statements in regards to RDR2. Metacritic has it as a 97 meta score and a 7.9 user score. How is that awful?
  • Moose Factory
    4562 posts National Call-Up

RDR2 is a masterpiece. Only 2nd to Witcher 3. Not sure what you've been reading but I would ignore anyone who suggests otherwise.
  • Gazhunt1981
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont !!!!!!!!
  • JAB69
    72 posts Park Captain
    forearms wrote: »

Reviews awful? I haven't heard a single person say anything but glowing statements in regards to RDR2. Metacritic has it as a 97 meta score and a 7.9 user score. How is that awful?

RDR2 is a masterpiece. Only 2nd to Witcher 3. Not sure what you've been reading but I would ignore anyone who suggests otherwise.

I just go by the reviews on Amazon. I don't read the 4 and 5 star ones because those are mostly hyped up kids.
  • forearms
    5103 posts Big Money Move
    forearms wrote: »

I just go by the reviews on Amazon. I don't read the 4 and 5 star ones because those are mostly hyped up kids.

I can personally tell you it's amazing. And that type of game isnt even my style. It's just so immersive.
  • Richie827
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    good luck
  • Syko
    285 posts Sunday League Hero

Content is very good. Weekend League are 30 games now instead of 40, less of a grind. Rewards are good. Addition of Rivals is also very nice and gives you rewards on the same day as you get the rewards from Fut champs etc etc.. nothing wrong with the content. Best in years i'd say.

Gameplay wise, TERRIBLE. Broken mechanics being abused to the fullest. Very noob friendly. Servers are in a SAD state. As you can read everywhere from the amount of complaints, most of the time Fut champs is unplayable because of the connection.

When the connection is good, the game is really fun. Too bad the servers suck lately so the game becomes a joke.
  • Arkantos
    22 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    I would say Fifa 19 is slightly better than Fifa 17 or Fifa 18.
    But i would suggest wait until there is a sale for the game so you don't have to pay the full price
  • Brovarrinho
    76 posts Park Captain
    Save your money. Be wise and don't touch this stinky sh*t. You will also save controller and your health. One good thing about that game is soundtrack. Rest is pure ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • BSDShoes
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Don't, save yourself... run!
    But why is it terrible? Is it the servers? Gameplay? Content?
    All of the above.
  • JAB69 wrote: »

Wait, you have multiple FIFA editions installed and play them at the same time?! WHY?!

Also, you select some 1 or 2 stars reviews in Amazon from the whole thousands of great 4 and 5 stars reviews and take that as the reality?!

I can't understand nothing here.
  • Save your money. Be wise and don't touch this stinky sh*t. You will also save controller and your health. One good thing about that game is soundtrack. Rest is pure ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

"save your health"

THIS!

Don't buy! But if you really do, please get one from the uncountable pissed of people that are selling it. You will save money, will help a frustrated consumer to refund a part of it's precious money and also will not increase EA sales. They already earn billions from some cards in that Ultimate Team mode lots of people play.
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    Just search Fifa 19 rage or fifa 19 glitches... you can judge better...
  • GoonerSoldier
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do NOT buy Fifa19 at Full Price. Buy a used copy or wait for a big sale. The Gameplay this year is AWFUL. And the number one reason is AUTOMATION. The game has become an Automated mess. I see A LOT of players here complain but they are not hitting the biggest issue with the game. As a full manual player since Fifa13 I can assure you that automation is the main reason the series has gone downhill since they introduced Tactical Defending on Fifa12.

Here is how I know Fifa19 is a joke. I can easily win games on Legendary with the Default controls that EA have placed on the game. But when I switch to World Class and play on all manual the game becomes almost impossible to play. This leads to the conclusion that Fifa19 was made to play on 99% automation. I can go into further details but that would take up 100 pages of the forum.