Is FIFA 19 a better game without timed finishing?

MarkFromNorwich
3124 posts National Call-Up
Pros:

More skill to long distance shooting.

Cons:

It doesn't take an awful lot of "skill" to perform successfully. There's not a huge skill gap with the feature.
It messes up normal shots? I press circle once and it sometimes messes the shot up horrendously. This doesn't seem to happen with timed finishing turned off.
Creates a lot of cheese goals that are incredibly unrealistic.

I genuinely couldn't think of any more pros. It's pretty clear my opinion on it. I think they got a lot of things right with this years FIFA, and I understand the intention behind timed shooting, but I don't think shooting was what needed a skill gap.

Comments

• mjs4p
    12151 posts Has That Special Something
    Azof wrote: »
    Undoubtedly. Worst addition in years

• XxRichiexRichxX
    34079 posts National Team Captain
    edited November 2018

Agreed. Was a needless unnecessary addition for sure
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite

• G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero

This and moving the GK
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite

• Wonderfulwest
    5215 posts Big Money Move
    I rather like it
  • I rather like it

Ifeel the same butI don't know where the line should be drawn between pure skill (and) player stats and/or difficulty
  • Snadeau
    1270 posts Professional
    Another thing that can be completely dependent on connection. That and moving the keeper. Was playing guys that didn’t even play defense, just played keeper and let AI handle the defense.
  • Azof
    19392 posts World Class
    If they plan to keep it for 20 the very least they could do is let us matchmake with it disabled
  • Simmo
    3845 posts National Call-Up

• MarkFromNorwich
    Glad to see so many agree. Wish EA had the humility to say 'you know what, this feature isn't quite working as intended, let's remove it and see if we can tweak it to make it a better fit'.
  • Paawky
    2808 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's kinda broken . If you can get timing down you score at will pretty much
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain
    I don't like it because it's a very cheap way to score goals. If you can master it (which isn't difficult) you just have to spam them and you'll score loads.

Get rid of Timed finesse and moving gk. It makes no sense to move gk while you in match controlling another player.
  • Diggy
    15089 posts World Class
    I’ve got it turned off

I’m convinced EA are trying to get me to to turn it on

my goal to post hit ratio is 1-4 & yes I’ve been counting
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Diggy wrote: »
    I’ve got it turned off

I’m convinced EA are trying to get me to to turn it on

my goal to post hit ratio is 1-4 & yes I’ve been counting

Good on you for not abusing a broken mechanic. I've recently turned it on and feel a bit guilty when I put a finesse in from 30 yards at a dodgy angle.
  • Keano
    19358 posts World Class

Agreed. Was a needless unnecessary addition for sure

• Muzza11
    12627 posts Has That Special Something
    I kind of like it but I can’t get used to it. The moving the GK feature is the worst.
  • Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    Killed the game.
  • SF9
    9117 posts League Winner

• Danic123
    3784 posts National Call-Up
    I think it’s a great feature as it really messes up those with PTB tactics. Everytime a team sits back against me I just ping one in the top corner.
  • Azof
    19392 posts World Class
    completely regret buying an xbox to play this tosh
  • Sercs
    20577 posts Club Captain
    is nice sinking them when people just have no intention of defending properly

although conceding long shots is annoying, and after the patch they did on timed finesses.. they feel a lot more RNG, before if you hit it and the keeper doesnt move it was a goal. both sides had that
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is certainly on the list of gameplay features that need to go.

It was a light bulb idea by someone at EA but they failed to realise the negative impact it would have.

Anyone can score now and all it takes is a bit of timing from a finesse shot. Absolute farce of a feature.

You know it’s a huge problem when Daniel Sturridge shoots from 30 yards on his right foot and bends the ball perfectly into the top corner like he was Beckham.
  • Thefranchise92
    5525 posts Big Money Move
    yeah I don't use it and want it removed. wouldn't change the fact finesse shots are the meta
  • chaser2k15
    15871 posts World Class
    I have played since the beginning with it off, it allows more variety of shot rather than finesse all the time
  • Idek
    17466 posts World Class
    All it's done is replace the low driven from 17 and 18, neither take any real skill to do but are ridiculously effective
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    I kind of like it but I can’t get used to it. The moving the GK feature is the worst.

What's so bad about moving GK? Its a good thing.
  • Cadey 5
    13277 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t use it and still finish on 20 wins most weeks, I think sometimes people think it’s being used when it’s not finesse shots are just broken in general this year.

As for moving the keeper I thinking giving the user some control over the keeper is a good thing.
  • RadioShaq
    17705 posts Moderator
    It makes people come out and defend. Also it creates a skill gap as some don’t even turn it on. So rewards people who learn how to do it.