They've screwed it

antonius
719 posts Semi-Pro
edited November 2018
post patch 10 games in and it feels horrendous... passes go nowhere near
horrendous button lag and delay
AI defending worse than ever.... (seems to be one-sided every game, either you or opponents gets the lucky draw where the game feels normal or at least easy)

park the bus counter is easier than ever and abused
meant to of fixed defending... haven't just made kickoff goals a lot easier to score

Edited to remove swearing in thread title. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• Recoba
    3570 posts National Call-Up
    Yes the gameplay feels horrendous.
  • Recoba wrote: »

im hoping its just the servers but post patch PTB counter is literally everyones tactics and its boring as hell
  • IxToMxI
    5488 posts Big Money Move
    First day on an update is always unplayable
  • Recoba
    Has to be a server issue. Feels clunky.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    antonius wrote: »
    Recoba wrote: »

im hoping its just the servers but post patch PTB counter is literally everyones tactics and its boring as hell

• is1996
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    This has been a hyped patch so more people are playing at the same time so the servers are getting smashed .that causes bad gameplay
  • Kalhead
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I havent noticed any real difference. Was hoping to see some increased benefits to manual defending but not seeing it currently.
  • Mmandras
    1715 posts Play-Off Hero
    Love the patch, reminds me on World Cup from last year. Don't care if I win or loose, what matters is that we are given back control and have decent football sim.
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    The attackers still get lucky bounces back in their path to score easily, when you make a block or tackle.
  • Paul9619
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same here. Feels really unresponsive and slow. Hopefully that is just a sever issue.
    My first thoughts:

Liking the fact that the AI doesn't block everything.

Passing seems woefully inaccurate for me but it might be linked to a **** server delay.

• Rulistening
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    Game was REALLY bad before. Now its REALLY REALLY bad. Yet people still review it 9/10 every year, despite the fact that pokemon gives a more accurate view/experience of football than FIFA.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    One day maybe just one day in fifa 25 they'll finally fix the servers.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    I called my ISP today and gave it to them. But if 90% of the forum are experiencing delay and lag I'm pretty sure it's not my ISP.
  • dregana08
    3749 posts National Call-Up
    It is horrendous. Everything has 0.5 sec delay
  • jonas2173
    70 posts Park Captain

One day maybe just one day in fifa 25 they'll finally fix the servers.

Why should they fix the servers when the playerbase is full of **** still buying loads of Fifapoints?
  • aberry1000
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    constant pressure seems worse
  • jonas2173
    70 posts Park Captain
    aberry1000 wrote: »
    constant pressure seems worse

Most dont use constant pressure because it drains stamina.
    They push up the depth bar in defending options. Most players on pc have it on 8-10 bars to keep pressure up and its totaly crazy to play against. now you have to do 1 touch passes or you lose just lose posession due to the ball bounce make the ball xtremly hard to control
  • Recoba
    edited November 2018
    Kalhead wrote: »
    I havent noticed any real difference. Was hoping to see some increased benefits to manual defending but not seeing it currently.

Day and night difference.
  • cHrOnIc_iLlNeSs
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    I called my ISP today and gave it to them. But if 90% of the forum are experiencing delay and lag I'm pretty sure it's not my ISP.

You mean you gave it to the employee on the other side of the phone? Lol
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ

You mean you gave it to the employee on the other side of the phone? Lol

Yeah poor guy lol
  • Mizzle
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've actually enjoyed the game tonight. Demolishing teams with my SBC Sturridge and SMS duo
  • SomeLegend
    1132 posts Professional
    Rip fifa this update has even more decreased the need for skill how can they downgrade defending yet upgrade striker reaction already I've noticed you can just tap pass eventually you will pop through on goal
  • Chuckball
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's absolutely horrendous now.
  • EisenErmin
    5337 posts Big Money Move
    Its worse than ever before.

Only facing 4231 ptb users so far and they counter attack untill they get a lead and then they pass it around as pressing is draining stamina faster (which is great). I am a decent manual defender myself and did not rely on the AI, so the patch should benefit my playstyle, but doesnt. PTB is even worse than 90 minutes pressure were it was easy to pull the opponents player out of position.

That said i conceded only finess shots, nothing else. I would gift anyone my untradeable Pogba that actually scores a nice goal against me that is not a finess shout or even worse a back to the goal finess shot.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    I've played about 15 games today since the patch and i've come to the conclusion that if i don't put my depth up and have my team higher up the field then my players just don't seem to push forward or i have to play it around in circles before i can make a chance, timed finesses are absolutely broken and before patch they were 80% now i feel that if you perfectly time the finesse its a 100% goal as no AI to give a helping hand and block.

Don't get me wrong i like it because i've never been the type to allow the AI to defend for me but i'm really not looking forward to timed finesse league at the weekend..
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    EisenErmin wrote: »

Only facing 4231 ptb users so far and they counter attack untill they get a lead and then they pass it around as pressing is draining stamina faster (which is great). I am a decent manual defender myself and did not rely on the AI, so the patch should benefit my playstyle, but doesnt. PTB is even worse than 90 minutes pressure were it was easy to pull the opponents player out of position.

That said i conceded only finess shots, nothing else. I would gift anyone my untradeable Pogba that actually scores a nice goal against me that is not a finess shout or even worse a back to the goal finess shot.

In competition it doesnt matter what tactic a competitor uses to win, as long as its not against the rules. Trying to score a nice goal when victory is more important, is for losers
  • FDITQ
    243 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    All I know is I enjoyed playing a lot more yesterday than today even though I liked most of the supposed changes they made in the notes. All 5atb or 4312 bus drivers today.
  • EisenErmin
    Footfan wrote: »
    EisenErmin wrote: »

In competition it doesnt matter what tactic a competitor uses to win, as long as its not against the rules. Trying to score a nice goal when victory is more important, is for losers

This shows the biggest problem of gaming in general. Players dont even wnat to enjoy a game, they just want to win. Dont know if thats a path to follow.
  • JV24601
    897 posts Professional
    Wow wow wow wow wow.

They have drained any final pieces of enjoyment out of this dreadful attempt of a game.
    I’ve just beaten 4-3 and 4-1, in games that I can only describe as a blur.

Have I missed something?
    Both of them were insanely quicker than me and swarming me like never before.
    I couldn’t make a pass without one of their players limbs extending to block it. They were ping pong passing from any angle one touch and going back to their defence every time to play out?
    What’s that all about? Is it a new thing?

7 of the goals I conceded tonight were tap ins from crosses.
    The other was a bad own goal from me after I panicked in a scramble.

Can’t remember how my goals happened or even who scored them.
    That was just awful
  • EisenErmin
    edited November 2018
    JV24601 wrote: »
    Wow wow wow wow wow.

They have drained any final pieces of enjoyment out of this dreadful attempt of a game.
    I’ve just beaten 4-3 and 4-1, in games that I can only describe as a blur.

Have I missed something?
    Both of them were insanely quicker than me and swarming me like never before.
    I couldn’t make a pass without one of their players limbs extending to block it. They were ping pong passing from any angle one touch and going back to their defence every time to play out?
    What’s that all about? Is it a new thing?

7 of the goals I conceded tonight were tap ins from crosses.
    The other was a bad own goal from me after I panicked in a scramble.

Can’t remember how my goals happened or even who scored them.
    That was just awful

You will think positive about that when you concede 99% finess shots during the next days.