FUT why do we need healing and fitness consumables?

SVKslato8
417 posts Sunday League Hero
Wouldn't it be more realistic to wait for the player injury a couple of games?
Wouldn't it be more fun to use different players from time to time?

Why not to wait for the players to recharge their fitness by putting them on bench?

Does any of you use them anymore?

I assume everyone has 2 teams to swap between for fitness recharge and you can do the same with injuries

Comments

• madwullie
    4149 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    To answer your first two questions, yes and yes. It would also be better if players were affected by injuries during the match and potentially even needed to be subbed and if there was dynamic weather that changed playing conditions

Unfortunately the competitive must win atball costs brigade won't allow anything they see as "rng" to interfere with the carbon copy of the same game they play a thousand times a year so those things will never return.

Christ we can't even have our own kits, badges, stadium or balls because some crayon waving entitled 5 year olds took advantage of the system so good luck getting any aspect of out of the game "reality" back into it.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think there is some more "realistic" stuff they could be getting on with
  • SVKslato8
    madwullie wrote: »
    To answer your first two questions, yes and yes. It would also be better if players were affected by injuries during the match and potentially even needed to be subbed and if there was dynamic weather that changed playing conditions

Unfortunately the competitive must win atball costs brigade won't allow anything they see as "rng" to interfere with the carbon copy of the same game they play a thousand times a year so those things will never return.

Christ we can't even have our own kits, badges, stadium or balls because some crayon waving entitled 5 year olds took advantage of the system so good luck getting any aspect of out of the game "reality" back into it.

I get the point about competitive game but FIFA with assisted controls settings will never be competitive game.

I think that weather should be clear and not dynamic, but there could be other mode for dynamic weather.

• heefmondo
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    Because they are pack fillers. I do miss playing in rain and snowy conditions though.
  • SVKslato8
    edited December 2018
    Yep that would be fun and I don't agree to put the weather conditions to competitive game the arcade mode could use it pretty well
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    madwullie wrote: »

RNG is all over the game already no ?
  • SVKslato8
    right but not in correct interface
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    I use two teams. One is my go to my other is my b-team. I’m not one of those “I need to play with this one team” type of player and don’t mind using my 2nd choice players. Sometimes I even have more success with them. No way am I spending 1,200-1,300 on fitness squad cards. Its basically playing for nothing, no thanks
  • SVKslato8
    I use two teams. One is my go to my other is my b-team. I’m not one of those “I need to play with this one team” type of player and don’t mind using my 2nd choice players. Sometimes I even have more success with them. No way am I spending 1,200-1,300 on fitness squad cards. Its basically playing for nothing, no thanks

I am the same and I confirm the success factor with B team :)
  • Jeyj38
    1211 posts Professional
    heefmondo wrote: »
    Because they are pack fillers. I do miss playing in rain and snowy conditions though.

Yep. But we have nothing but that barbie plastic world...
  • TW1103
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you want to talk about pointless consumables, let me introduce you to my friend... Manager League Consumables
  • SVKslato8
    for a point per player in chemistry I would find that a little less pointless :)
  • Mataay
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They need to fix referees, way to many times i get tackles from behind and get injured and not even a free kick or a yellow vardag when its almost red card.

If injuries affect players they need to fix this or else everyone would abuse it like everything else that is broken.
  • SVKslato8
    Mataay wrote: »
    They need to fix referees, way to many times i get tackles from behind and get injured and not even a free kick or a yellow vardag when its almost red card.

If injuries affect players they need to fix this or else everyone would abuse it like everything else that is broken.

that is another pain point but we can list all of them and moan but what do you think will be passed to EA?
  • L1vingl1fe
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    I use squad fitness every two games and play with one team
  • SVKslato8
    Why do you do that?
  • El_Nino
    2853 posts Fans' Favourite
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Why do you do that?

I do the same, very simple reason, I have a squad I enjoy using, so would sooner play every game With it
  • SVKslato8
    is it worth 1500 coins for a fitness card?
  • El_Nino
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    is it worth 1500 coins for a fitness card?

Guess it’s relative to the team you have, if your teams worth 50k then I get why you wouldn’t, but my teams worth over 5 million, and I earn a couple hundred thousand a week(on average) from Weekedn League and rivals so yeah for me it’s easily worth it
  • Jonx88
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    They only exist so EA can fill packs with 'rare' stuff that we shouldn't even have to use, training cards is another one, haven't used one or been able to sell one for years now but packs are still full of them for no reason
  • Pacey3_16
    1791 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    I do agree but on the fitness side you do get players who play week in week out without a rest unless their injured
  • I wish they'd make it so fitness goes up slowly when you're not playing :|
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Because if you have no coins and need to buy a healing card and squad fitness cards and you had nothing to sell or even quick sell then you are forced to buy FIFA points.squad fitness it 1400 2 matches get you maybe 850 so your down money already.without buying contracts or healing cards.the game literally is pay to play
  • SVKslato8
    that is very reasonable comment and I guess the rest of the cards use the same logic to drain you out of coins to make you buy FP
  • El_Nino
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    Because if you have no coins and need to buy a healing card and squad fitness cards and you had nothing to sell or even quick sell then you are forced to buy FIFA points.squad fitness it 1400 2 matches get you maybe 850 so your down money already.without buying contracts or healing cards.the game literally is pay to play

IF you get yourself in a position where you have zero coins with nothing to sell and need consumables you’ve screwed up, that’s phenomenally poor planning
  • mfmaxpower
    74 posts Park Captain
    Really wish they'd get rid of all of it: chemistry, fitness, contracts. It all adds very little to the game, chemistry limits variety, and it just adds tedium.
  • Jeyj38
    1211 posts Professional

Haha exactly. When players are injured you rotate the whole team. Thats all folks.
  • Jonx88
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    Jeyj38 wrote: »

Haha exactly. When players are injured you rotate the whole team. Thats all folks.

Yeah but it shouldn't need to be this way, It's called Ultimate Team.....not Ultimate Team every 2nd game and crap team the rest lol
  • Idek
    10082 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Murphdogz wrote: »

IF you get yourself in a position where you have zero coins with nothing to sell and need consumables you’ve screwed up, that’s phenomenally poor planning

Yeah I haven't had to buy a fitness card all year
  • MoyPlaysFut2016
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s a video game so consumables should be removed from the game. Listen EA by removing all the consumables trash from the market it might make your game playable. I think we have delay because the market is saturated with useless consumables.