Fury v Wilder predictions

IDARYL
5778 posts Big Money Move
I'm going fury simply because I can't pick someone who looks like he has zero boxing technique over someone born to fight

Comments

• Pikachu
    9274 posts League Winner
    I want Fury to win, but I think Wilder will win.
  • M98H
    14155 posts Has That Special Something
    Pikachu wrote: »
    I want Fury to win, but I think Wilder will win.

• Azablucky
    4476 posts National Call-Up
    It's literally just whether wilder can land. It's like that in any of his fights. And the fact Fury is 2 inches taller with the ability to move his upper body like a super middleweight. It's hard for me to come to terms with Wilder winning unless like I said he lands a massive punch that KO's Fury straight.

For me, Fury wins on points. Just another Muhammad Ali vs Sonny Liston fight except both Fury and Wilder aren't as good. You got the power vs the boxer.
  • Geenoui
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fury, better technical boxer who keeps his distance well. He'll out box wilder. Wilder is crap, but in the HW division anyone can knock anyone out
  • Keano
    20376 posts Club Captain
    Geenoui wrote: »
    Fury, better technical boxer who keeps his distance well. He'll out box wilder. Wilder is crap, but in the HW division anyone can knock anyone out

• FIFABoss18
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    IDARYL wrote: »
    I'm going fury simply because I can't pick someone who looks like he has zero boxing technique over someone born to fight

Bought Fifa yet though?

I think Fury will win on points as he will just frustrate the life out wilder.
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move
    Azablucky wrote: »
    It's literally just whether wilder can land. It's like that in any of his fights. And the fact Fury is 2 inches taller with the ability to move his upper body like a super middleweight. It's hard for me to come to terms with Wilder winning unless like I said he lands a massive punch that KO's Fury straight.

For me, Fury wins on points. Just another Muhammad Ali vs Sonny Liston fight except both Fury and Wilder aren't as good. You got the power vs the boxer.

And I'm sure none of them will take a dive like Liston :)
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    Seriously, ability wise Wilder literally has a punchers chance, no more.

I’m expecting a very wide Fury points win. People really underestimate his ability. If he had a punch on him he’d be one of the greatest.
  • Dan2501
    1250 posts Professional
    Wilder's going to swing and miss and be picked apart by Fury. I see Fury being too skilled to get caught by one of them big bombs, not saying it couldn't happen, 'cause with Wilders power he only needs to land one but Fury by far the safer bet for me. Fury seems in a good place mentally, is in good shape and I think we're going to see a superb performance from him. Looking forward to it.
  • Azablucky

IDARYL wrote: »
    Azablucky wrote: »

And I'm sure none of them will take a dive like Liston :)

But but...it was Ali's phantom punch that put Liston down :trollface:
  • Keano
    20376 posts Club Captain
    Dan2501 wrote: »
    Wilder's going to swing and miss and be picked apart by Fury. I see Fury being too skilled to get caught by one of them big bombs, not saying it couldn't happen, 'cause with Wilders power he only needs to land one but Fury by far the safer bet for me. Fury seems in a good place mentally, is in good shape and I think we're going to see a superb performance from him. Looking forward to it.

Essentially this, Wilder *has* to throw & hope he can get a big bomb, Fury can sit back & just pick him apart whilst he throws these punches, Fury doesn't need to try & throw any hayemakers because that's not his style, he doesnt have the instant KO power Wilder has, but he picks apart an opponent, where as Wilder has to go on the offensive, which lands straight into Furys hands.
  • jenksiee123
    25588 posts Player of the Year
    Fury hopefully. Think his awkwardness will be the difference.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1066 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    I think people are underrating wilder here, want fury to win but knocking out ortiz and surviving the way that he did was a great achievement
  • Azablucky
    Keano wrote: »
    Dan2501 wrote: »

Essentially this, Wilder *has* to throw & hope he can get a big bomb, Fury can sit back & just pick him apart whilst he throws these punches, Fury doesn't need to try & throw any hayemakers because that's not his style, he doesnt have the instant KO power Wilder has, but he picks apart an opponent, where as Wilder has to go on the offensive, which lands straight into Furys hands.

Tbf it all depends on whether Fury decides to box off the back foot. It's easier to box moving forward and pressing. If he plays on the back foot then he need to be able to counter Wilder's punches which means he'd need to block, parry or dodge any punches, which I really don't think Fury will want to do seeing Wilder's power of only needing to land one clean punch. At heavyweight, blocking is ineffective because the weight just makes it so hard to stop and you still end up basically hitting yourself. Parrying is ideal but Fury would need to time it well enough and seeing Wilder's speed, again I can't see him risking it.

Fury really should put Wilder on his backfoot seeing as he sets who is the hunter for the fight cause he's the taller person.
  • hoban95
    68061 posts Icon
    edited November 2018
    If this fight was next year i'd say Fury. I'd say this is too soon for him sadly. Don't think he has enough high quality rounds under his belt since coming back. Hope i'm wrong.
  • Ian_Ando08
    15532 posts World Class
    Fury will win on points cant see wilder knocking him out and its the only way wilder is gonna win this fight
  • GeTRiGhT
    13056 posts Has That Special Something
    Whoever wins needs to fight Joshua
  • GeTRiGhT
    Tyson Fury is such a cool name
  • P
    7797 posts League Winner
    hoban95 wrote: »
    If this fight was next year i'd say Fury. I'd say this is too soon for him sadly. Don't think he has enough high quality rounds under his belt since coming back. Hope i'm wrong.

This is my biggest concern. I'd love to see fury win but I can't see anything but a wilder KO.
  • lewspaz
    1419 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fury all day
  • Keano
    20376 posts Club Captain
    P wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »

This is my biggest concern. I'd love to see fury win but I can't see anything but a wilder KO.

Aye does worry me, if he has an off night & isn't up to speed, scratch etc he can easily be caught by one of them KO punches, but he's very awkward & it'll be down to if he's fit enough to do what it is we all know he can.

Remember watching him on Channel 5 & absolutely loving it when he was singing the national anthem & ended up in karaoke after winning a couple of fights, he's the type of character you need, even better with his boxing brain.
  • GeTRiGhT
    Isn't the reach about the same with both of these guys? This is the tallest guy Fury has fought with the longest reach right? Maybe by only an inch but still.
  • Mic2904
    2713 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wont be watching and Fury is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anyway. Cant stand him at all, proper ❤️❤️❤️❤️!
  • ThePlantOFGod
    1014 posts Professional
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    Wont be watching and Fury is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anyway. Cant stand him at all, proper ****!

If Fury is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ then I wonder what you’d be described as :D
  • Azablucky
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Isn't the reach about the same with both of these guys? This is the tallest guy Fury has fought with the longest reach right? Maybe by only an inch but still.

Fury has 2 inches on him i'm sure. So 2 inches in length and then a further 2 inches in height. As long as Fury stays fairly straight then Fury has complete control of who's the aggressor.
  • Thefranchise92
    6634 posts Big Money Move
    Fury especially if he fights southpaw
  • Ashr93
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can't see Fury winning. I hope he does, but I think a fight like this is too soon for him
  • Blarix
    20869 posts Club Captain
    I like Fury hope he takes it but wilder got power and is wild. Your not safe for 12 rounds and i don't see fury hurting him.
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wilder surprisingly is very under rated. I think he’s going to smash Fury’s face in
  • TheMagicMan
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Only way Wilder wins rounds is by knocking people down, only way Fury wins fights is by winning rounds.

Puncher vs boxer, boxer wins 9 times out of 10, the only thing that could go in Wilder's favour is the fact Fury was so inactive with numerous problems and fighting those 2 tomato cans didn't really do anything for him.

I will always pick a boxer to win over a one trick pony, and will do so again here.