EA ruined the 3142- The Drawing Board: 532(the answer?)

BlitzersNL
24355 posts Club Captain
edited February 24
How it looks ingame:

DnpWttWXsAAdHC5.jpg

With the wide midfielders playing more central than they should and for some reason the LCM and RCM play like wingers.

How it should look:

DmqbNvkWwAAg6jG.jpg

15969.png

It would be great to have such a team with someone like Pjanic in a Pirlo-esque role and 4 midfielders in front of him, with the wide players actually on the sidelines would make great attacking options.

EA PLS FIX.
Post edited by BlitzersNL on

Comments

• Splayer23
    354 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    Tbh ea ruined the 3 atb formations , its all about the 4231 unfortunately.. i use to run the 352 but then i started to realize how many little girls like to run the 4231 cause they would easily destroy me with that formation so i was forced to work with another formation.. but luckily im able to work with the 451, you should give it a go or do what every noob does and just run the 4231 and forget the 3 atb formations
  • ICUP
    4136 posts National Call-Up
    Splayer23 wrote: »
    Tbh ea ruined the 3 atb formation , its all about the 4231 unfortunately.. i use to run the 352 but then i started to realize how many little girls like to run the 4231 so i was forced to work with another formation.. but luckily im able to work with the 451, you should give it a go and forget the 3 atb formations

3-4-1-2 still works
  • Splayer23
    354 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ill try to give it ago cause i really enjoy the 3 atb formations
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    The 532 could probably work similair, but that one has a top spot in the visually unpleasing formations right below the 4321 and the 451
  • Kove
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    I completely agree. Shame that it doesnt work right.

IMO the closest you are going to get to having a player in a Regista role that is not horribly exposed is a 4141, I'm using it at the moment with Kroos as a Regista. It is working rather well with him having a huge amount of assists through Lewandowski.

That said I might have more of a play with the 3142 having the wingers stay wide and coming back on defense which should allow for the wider play you mentioned above.
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    Kove wrote: »
    I completely agree. Shame that it doesnt work right.

IMO the closest you are going to get to having a player in a Regista role that is not horribly exposed is a 4141, I'm using it at the moment with Kroos as a Regista. It is working rather well with him having a huge amount of assists through Lewandowski.

That said I might have more of a play with the 3142 having the wingers stay wide and coming back on defense which should allow for the wider play you mentioned above.

I don't even know how they screwed the 3142 so bad
  • Ginch goes u90
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ICUP wrote: »
    Tbh ea ruined the 3 atb formation , its all about the 4231 unfortunately.. i use to run the 352 but then i started to realize how many little girls like to run the 4231 so i was forced to work with another formation.. but luckily im able to work with the 451, you should give it a go and forget the 3 atb formations

3-4-1-2 still works

And 352 does as well
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Tbh ea ruined the 3 atb formations , its all about the 4231 unfortunately.. i use to run the 352 but then i started to realize how many little girls like to run the 4231 cause they would easily destroy me with that formation so i was forced to work with another formation.. but luckily im able to work with the 451, you should give it a go or do what every noob does and just run the 4231 and forget the 3 atb formations

4231 = little girls 451 so different. lol .
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    thing is very few people experiment because they dare not risk losing. im pretty sure if you out in the time with all the custom variations , instructions etc, you could get close to what you want. Just the same way that you can make 4231 play very different with different tactics.

Nowadays its copy some youtuber who tells you want the "best" everything is ....Id rather lose finding out what works for me
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    Why is it still not possible to play with this formation like it's intended?

Barca.png
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    image005.jpg
  • Headshrinker363
    4986 posts Big Money Move
    They ruined 4-3-1-2 as well. Instead of sitting behind the strikers, the cam plays left mid. Took me over a month to adjust to a new formation. Finally settled in 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2(2).
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    england-3142_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg.jpg?imwidth=480
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dronegan
    1088 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    3 at the back formations dont work in this game simply because they dont play out like they should.

The fullbacks/LM/RM are lost.
    The centrebacks are not wide enough when you are in possession of the ball .

And the CDM does not drop down when the fullbacks/LM/RM go forward .

A CDM in 4231 will never have same role as a CDM or CM in a 3 at the back formation IRL.
    While in fifa a CDM will act the same in every formation, there is only so little you can tweak.

• Shaanxz
    20501 posts Club Captain
    They can fix inverted full backs as well
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    3-5-2_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
  • The game is broken. The end.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5285 posts Big Money Move
    I used to love 5212 with overlapping fullbacks...but now they're dead in the second half....big stamina problem.
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    Shambles when 532 is the closest I can probably get.
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    Played around with 5 atb formations yesterday for a bit and while the width the wingers provide is great, the wingbacks get forward a bit too late. They seem to wait till you have crossed the halfway line.

Although Quincy Promes would make a spectacular LWB.
  • Headshrinker363
    They broke 4-3-1-2 as well. Plays like a 4-4-2 with the cam playing left midfield.
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    They broke 4-3-1-2 as well. Plays like a 4-4-2 with the cam playing left midfield.

Added it to the OP
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    As EA aren't going to fix it anyway, trying to make something similair myself might be a fun thing to work with.

So this is what I want
    3142.png

Key players:

CDM:
    The regista, the Pirlo of the team. Where every attack starts and where the attack of the opponent ends. Having him between the defence and midfield would be essential

The wide midfielders:
    Workhorses, going up and down all game, providing width. Would be a good thing if they stay on one line with the CMs.

What's probably the closest thing ingame
    2325.png

How do we fix this?
  • Pnub
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've been playing 3-5-2 with my fitness team for the last week and it has the same problem of hamsik spending more time at LAM than CAM. Which is annoying because I'm using that formation over 4-2-2-2 for the sole purpose of having hamsik at cam to take advantage of his 5* weak foot.
    Aside from the wandering CAM i'm actually enjoying the switch to 3-5-2, i get caught out every now and again with a through ball but that happens regardless
  • Headshrinker363
    edited February 24
    BlitzersNL wrote: »

Added it to the OP

If you added everything they broke with this game to the title, it would be a page long😂
  • BlitzersNL
    24355 posts Club Captain
    BlitzersNL wrote: »

Added it to the OP

If you added everything they broke with this game to the title, it would be a page long😂

There are enough threads on other issues. I'm trying to keep formations covered. :#

@Headshrinker363
  • Aristotelaras
    65 posts Park Captain
    edited February 24
    I would love if they would add 3-4-2-1 with cam's in the future
    http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2017/11/1643264_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg
  • Gaz7Mac
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 24
    I disagree, ive moved from 4231/4411 to 3142 and i think its a great formation.

Had one of my best weekend leagues using this formation and even better found it pretty fun too

• EisenErmin
    5788 posts Big Money Move
    Gaz7Mac wrote: »
    I disagree, ive moved from 4231/4411 to 3142 and i think its a great formation.

Had one of my best weekend leagues using this formation and even better found it pretty fun too

Team, tactics and Instructions?