WL By Numbers 2019 Edition

Cadey 5
10385 posts Has That Special Something
edited November 2018
So I did this last year and some of you found it interesting so after losing 4 in a row last week to end on 19 wins I thought I would do a 2019 edition this year to give me a reason to pause between games.

My WL session went like this:
8-2
9-5
15-5
17-8
22-8

This is important because is shows that for the majority of my games I had the record of a G2-G1 player which should impact the standard of teams I faced, all stats are based of 29 games because I had 1 DC at 2-0 so I could't record the team.

FULL DOCUMENT HERE:

Includes all players faced/all goal times/all formations faced

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRQSM7eQqzP31FHzFIJDQqiy6ltnhXvLIoKA0FYZ-Hz4PDnVv-52b5JHUtcJ2DpdP4KZXYZ4NuZKwkR/pubhtml

Apoglise it's a bit of a mess copied from my Excel version.

TOP THREE PLAYERS FACED PER POSITION

Goalkeepers
Top three goalkeepers I faced based on % of time faced
Courtious 17%
Alisson DDG and Lloris all tied on 13%

LB
Robertson 24%
Mendy 17%
Alba/Alonso tied 10%

CB
Baily 31%
Sanchez 27%
Varane and Kempembe tied 13%

RB
Lalla 21%
Valencia 17%
pererria and Carvajal tied 13%

Midfielders *includes CDM/CM/CAM
Fabinho 18%
Pogba, Kroos, Wijnaldum and Fernandinho all tied at just over 10%

Forwards *includes RM/RW/LM/LW/ST
POTM Lucas 37%
Martial 24%
Flashback Sturride and Mertens tied on 20%

Diversity in teams?
*including sub appearances number of different players faced per league per position so goalkeepers faced 6 different BPL keepers and so on.

GK faced 11 different players
BPL: 6
Bundi: 1
Seria A: 2
Ligue 1: 1
BBVA: 1

LB faced 12 different players
BPL: 4
Bundi: 2
Seria A: 3
BBVA: 2

CB faced 20 different players
BPL: 7
Bundi: 3
Seria A: 5
Ligue 1: 4
BBVA: 4

RB faced 9 different players
BPL: 5
Bundi: 0
Seria A: 1
BBVA: 2

Midfielders (CDM/CM/CAM) faced 36 different players
BPL: 11
Bundi: 5
Seria A: 7
Ligue 1: 5
BBVA: 7

Forwards (CAM/RW/RM/LW/LM/ST) faced 44 different players
BPL: 19
Bundi: 6
Seria A: 4
Ligue 1: 6
BBVA: 4
ICONS: 3

GOAL SCORING TIMES 45TH/90TH MIN CHEESE/KO BOOST???
total goals scored 78
total goals scored from KO 24 *KO defined as 5 minutes of IG Time after kicking off
30% of my goals where scored from KO

Top three periods I scored goals
12-17 IGM 27%
24-29 IGM 24%
64-69 IGM 21%

TOTAL % Scored in 42-45th and 88th-90th IGM 21%

total goals conceded 51
total goals conceded from KO 11
23% of the goals i conceded where from KO

Top three periods I conceded goals
6-11 IGM 15%
52-57 IGM 13%
24-29 IGM 11%

TOTAL % Conceded in 42-45th and 88th-90th IGM 9%

TOP THREE FORMATIONS FACED
4-1-2-1-2(2) 27%
4321 17%
433(2) 4231 10%

did't know how else to present it so sorry if it is a bad one for the eyes.

Comments

• Pikachu
    8631 posts League Winner
    Nice one.
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wow.. This is insightful.

I’m surprised that MBappe and Kante don’t feature on top 3 players faced. I see them every game!
  • Absting159
    6677 posts Moderator
    Just like last year, you're patience to record this level of detail is awesome. I'm getting better with my WL for tracking my stats and my opponent.
  • Cadey 5
    Absting159 wrote: »
    Just like last year, you're patience to record this level of detail is awesome. I'm getting better with my WL for tracking my stats and my opponent.

once you get past game 10 it's pretty simple stuff! also numbers are not my strong point to the layout needs work if I do it again :D
  • AjaxLegends
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    I faced Courtois at least 33 percent of the time. Mbappe probably 1 in every 4-5.

Nice job though!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Fascinating stuff mate
  • BrentfordFC
    11599 posts Has That Special Something
    Bpl4dayz :trollface:
  • Absting159
    6677 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    @Cadey 5 I can hardcore simplify your life. lol This is what my spreadsheet for tracking and posting looks like. PM me and I'll see what I can come up with. Do you have excel or do you have to do Google Sheets?

YBWD8qb.png

Example of what the paste to the forum looks like:

Game 28 | 5 - 0 | W | Overall: 14-14 | Goal +/-: 5
    Notes: 4-2-3-1 (2) - Usually the last game I need is impossible but first try to get Gold and this was the outcome. Dude was stacked too. 4-2-3-1 with Dybala, Aguero, Messi, and Suarez. It seemed like he didn't have many opportunities to use them though. Stats tell a different story - his shots were literally to just get a shot off hoping the quality of his player would make up for how bad the chance was.
    Form: W / W / L / W / W
    STAT: Shots / Target / Pass %
    AWAY : 10 / 5 / 90%
    HOME : 13 / 8 / 85%

Possession: 55%
    Goals: Lewandowski-3 | Ronaldinho-1 | Felipe Anderson-1 |
  • I love this.

Also, if anyone is interested, I have a dashboard tool I use to track all my results, down to player ratings, goals scored, positions etc. Here is a quick snapshot. Would only really suit the hardcore stats fan, as takes just under a minute to enter the data from each match, and you need to take 4 different pics on your phone for each match. I update it a few times every week while at work.

Pics are of three of the tabs, but there are plenty more tabs, with additional visualisations. First is front page, 2nd is just one player's progression over time (Prime Gerrard), and 3rd is my best ever 11.

Provides some fun insights.

[img][/img]1.png

2.png

3.png
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    its a shame that you need to record it on your own when EA have that statistics. We don't even get the simple history of games and players met, nowadays its really ridiculous and a must have in any online competitive game.

But what do we want if they can't buy premium servers, they can't have addition server space for game history.
    Shame
  • Nervous_Nick
    5089 posts Big Money Move
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    its a shame that you need to record it on your own when EA have that statistics. We don't even get the simple history of games and players met, nowadays its really ridiculous and a must have in any online competitive game.

But what do we want if they can't buy premium servers, they can't have addition server space for game history.
    Shame

Agree. The lack of stats in fifa is ridiculous.

• Kizler
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    Very good stats and well played on tracking it. Although we see it, this just confirms the popular WL players and now everyone else may jump aboard. But well done.
  • Scutch
    10399 posts Has That Special Something
    Lucas being in the majority of teams faced is no surprise. I seemed to come up against him and Hazard an awful lot.
  • Cadey 5
    Kizler wrote: »
    Very good stats and well played on tracking it. Although we see it, this just confirms the popular WL players and now everyone else may jump aboard. But well done.

Nobody will jump on players because I faced them a lot :D I just confirmed what we already knew BPL is the go to.