Squad battles this year?

Muzza11
8249 posts League Winner
Any tips to help get Top 100?. Do you play on ultimate or Legendary?. Any skill moves that work later on in games like last year ;). @UK_Cam, and to all the Top 100 contenders. @Mike_Pickford. Thanks all

Comments

• Keano
    12752 posts Has That Special Something
    Timed finesses seem to drag me through alot of games where the AI just park the bus... havent got top 100, but a few of them weeks I felt I could've but between rivals, WL & commitments irl, SB is last of them priorities.
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    Timed finesses seem to drag me through alot of games where the AI just park the bus... havent got top 100, but a few of them weeks I felt I could've but between rivals, WL & commitments irl, SB is last of them priorities.

Fair enough, thanks :)
  • You need to win on mostly ultimate to get T100 I believe.

Even 5-0 wins every game on Legendary isn’t enough.
  • Mike_Pickford
    3683 posts National Call-Up
    I really think you'd smash it if you played all your games pal. If I'm up there, you're more than capable. I usually play the first two games on ultimate (depending on quality of the team) and the last two on legendary. Since I calmed down and stopped spraying passes around at 100mph I've had a lot more success. Slow, calm, precise play. I dribble around a lot, creating space for other players and abuse 1-2s between my front three. There's this nice little trick with free kicks that helps a bit too ;)

Not sure if it's an off week, but I'm averaging 2,441 points per game and have comfortably been in Top 100 all week.
  • Mike_Pickford
    3683 posts National Call-Up
    You need to win on mostly ultimate to get T100 I believe.

Going off averages posted on Futbin, 5-0 wins on Legendary every game would be enough to secure top spot at the moment.
  • marcus2596
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2018

This is wrong. I get top 10 playing legendary.

Timed finesses at the edge are the main thing. There's nothing like last year where the defenders run out of your way in 2nd half mate but I remember you getting t10 regularly last year so I think you could do it easily as top 100 alone you don't even need to average 2.5k a game not including featured squad.
  • UK_Cam
    1328 posts Professional
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Any tips to help get Top 100?. Do you play on ultimate or Legendary?. Any skill moves that work later on in games like last year ;). @UK_Cam, and to all the Top 100 contenders. @Mike_Pickford. Thanks all

Haven't played it fully for a few weeks. I played 2/4 games every set on ultimate and finished 1st but combined with WL the weekends were just so stressful so I'm sticking with elite each week now. It's just all about timed finesse shots and for defending just concentrate on trying to be in position to block shots rather than trying to win the ball back through a tackle. Against ultimate they'll block tons of shots, but the best method I found for making a bit of space was simply just doing a fake shot backwards and quickly getting a shot off with someone like Neymar or Del Piero because they have quite fast shooting animations
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    I dont understand how ppl have the dedication and concentration to play 45 SB games a week, at max level.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4187 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018

The average is much lower this year. 106 or 107k will get in top 100. That is a little over 2300 a game. Last year is was 115k almost weekly to get in. My point being, legendary is just fine to get in just like last year.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got chatting to one of the guys who finished top 10 most weeks in a party chat on gears 4. He said he plays all 80 plus chem teams on legendary and 79 and under teams on ultimate. Only tactic he said that works consistently is timed finesses, usually with wingers cutting in. He said Bale is the reason he gets top 10 averages around 2/3 goals a game for him.