The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Yet again another disconnection on 55 mins and I get the loss after they go ahead 2-1!!

Torn4do
1037 posts Professional
Getting sick of this crap!

I am losing so many points from people disconnecting!

Anyone else having these issues?

I’d never disconnect to cheat a win!

Comments

• OZero
    6262 posts Big Money Move
    So you are losing before disconnection

What’s the problem?
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    The problem is they disconnect as soon as they score and get the win and I get the loss!

I haven’t disconnected!
  • JURITO1000
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes i had the same yesterday. He scored on 2-1 lead in 40. Min and left and I lost. But i dont care if this win make the guy happy in his life :) i can play another thousands of matches with nornal people
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I face the same, these guys just score usually a kick off goal and they disconnect.

Here is the stream for that

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/433374/wtf-did-he-get-the-points#latest
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    I don’t mind as such, yes it’s annoying but there is a chance I’ll drop out my division as close to it now after a bad run of games!!
  • dengah109
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How do they get the win though? Not something I'd want to do myself but none the less curious. I have quit 1 game and got the defeat and got some warning about not being able to earn enough coins or something and not done it since. How do they do it and a) get a win and b) it not impact the coins they can earn.
  • OZero
    6262 posts Big Money Move
    dengah109 wrote: »
    How do they get the win though? Not something I'd want to do myself but none the less curious. I have quit 1 game and got the defeat and got some warning about not being able to earn enough coins or something and not done it since. How do they do it and a) get a win and b) it not impact the coins they can earn.

I guess some of them are losing by purpose to drop divisions, and they quit at that point to guarantee the opponent got a lose.
  • SVKslato8
    good question, we are not sure if they get win but there has to be reason why they do it while they lead.
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional

The trick is they don’t quit or forfeit the match, they make sure the connection drops to make it look like it’s not done on purpose!

Totally cheating and very annoying when all you want to do is to play a game fairly and have fun!

Not fun dropping points and not seeing the game out!!
  • SVKslato8
    But we report it since last year and EA_Andy is there any feedback yet? No reaction so far like it doesn't exist.
  • Stejens
    474 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was winning 4-0. They rage quit. I got given a dc loss for it.

It's ridiculous sometimes.
  • dengah109
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Weird, if my internet connection drops out I get a loss. Are you talking about on PC? I am on PS4 so just cant see how this would work. You've then got the time wasted logging back into the game etc...
  • munchie63
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    Weird, if my internet connection drops out I get a loss. Are you talking about on PC? I am on PS4 so just cant see how this would work. You've then got the time wasted logging back into the game etc...

time logging on agian doesnt bother these people.

I can guarantee if there was a glitch that you could kick-off, press a button, exit and get a win there would be thousands of users doing it and Never playing a game. They dont 'play' for fun...all about the coins
  • SVKslato8
    i encountered a few players which did what you described kick off pause and quit and they had GK in ST position and all bronze players and so. I assume they did it for the fitness of the bench players. Or is there any other reason to do so?
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    i encountered a few players which did what you described kick off pause and quit and they had GK in ST position and all bronze players and so. I assume they did it for the fitness of the bench players. Or is there any other reason to do so?

That’s a good point, they may do that on the ones where they get a loss.

The ones that annoy me are the ones where they disconnect if they go one up.
  • SVKslato8
    but why do they disconnect when they score a leading goal, can someone who did it or does that explain it to me?
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    but why do they disconnect when they score a leading goal, can someone who did it or does that explain it to me?

Because EA then say they review the game and always give the win to the team that’s winning at the time.

Problem is they aren’t quitting the match they disconnect the connection so doesn’t go down as a loss to them!
  • madwullie
    6429 posts Big Money Move
    Torn4do wrote: »

Because EA then say they review the game and always give the win to the team that’s winning at the time.

Problem is they aren’t quitting the match they disconnect the connection so doesn’t go down as a loss to them!

I don't think this is true
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    madwullie wrote: »

I don't think this is true

It is true, this has happened to me a number of times this month.

I just had one disconnect at half time while a draw and we both got a draw as final result!
  • madwullie
    How do you know what they got as their result?
  • DailyTrader
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    OZero wrote: »
    So you are losing before disconnection

What’s the problem?
    40 mins left in match. He can comeback.
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    How do you know what they got as their result?

Because I watched a YouTube video of people playing with 4G connection on their phones, when they go a goal up they simply make a phone call on the phone which disconnects them and they get a win, same happens if the are drawing except they got a draw.
  • madwullie
    Is that not an old trick that doesn't work now? Or was it never patched?
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional

I guess it’s hard to patch it as EA will never know why you were disconnected.

Maybe that is where the issue lies.

I’d have no problem if it was a bad connection my end losing the game.
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yup. Happens to me usually 1 in every 3 games. Opposing team scores goal, disconnects.
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special

On PC atleast, if you are winning 1-0, and you disconnect, you get the win. Period. The only punishment you receive is less gold. So you get maybe 450 instead of 500. (But who cares if you are in the top weekly division and make 50k+ gold from all those quits)
  • madwullie
    Yup. Happens to me usually 1 in every 3 games. Opposing team scores goal, disconnects.

Bizarre it happens that frequently. It has never ever happened to me.
  • madwullie

On PC atleast, if you are winning 1-0, and you disconnect, you get the win. Period. The only punishment you receive is less gold. So you get maybe 450 instead of 500. (But who cares if you are in the top weekly division and make 50k+ gold from all those quits)

So why does anyone ever play to the end?
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional

So why does anyone ever play to the end?

Because most of us play to enjoy the game, not to cheat people out of their enjoyment.

I was beaten 7-2 the other night but played to the end because it’s the right thing to do.
  • SVKslato8

I guess it’s hard to patch it as EA will never know why you were disconnected.

Maybe that is where the issue lies.

I’d have no problem if it was a bad connection my end losing the game.

I believe its not hard to patch or solve it, simply let us finish the game if one of the players is disconnected to whatever reason, the other player who stays connected have to just wait 30 seconds and EA has already a rule when you are not actively touching any button on controller it will auto - forfeit the game.

Simple isn't it? Fair as well.