Anyone else cant get his/her **** together since patch came out?

salvadordali1
286 posts Sunday League Hero
edited November 2018
For me its all worse. Anyone else? xD

- Players ignoring the ball (in attack and defense).
- When i try to intercept my player do not expand his leg to full lenght or ball passes trough my legs.
- In attack it feels like 80% of my passes which would pass to my player gets intercepted, yet somehow i manage to finish with 80%+ successful passes..
- Defenders are tripping one on each other xD
- Lucas regulary wins headers over bailly.
- I cant take the ball in defense without unlucky rebounds.

I thought for myself that i dont use AI deffending assist since i played my defense with my defenders not CDM's, yet after this patch i cant take the ball without total fuss and pinball party. I dont know what to think maybe i used this AI defending and i wasnt aware of it, since after the patch i cant defend properly and everyone else i played looked like they had some cheat or trainer witch they didnt had because i believe that meeting cheaters in 15 of 20 games is impossebile.
That to be said im glad that most of you find this update useful and better, but i think that this will be it for me this year. Im leaving town for the weekend and ill try to play a couple of games on sunday when ill come back and ill try to record them so i can show you what im talking about.

Edit: Ok nevermind. I found a problem after patch my controls was set to all manual. xD Not sure if it was patch or my friend. Cheers! xD
Post edited by salvadordali1 on

Comments

• It's not just you. After a patch I head to "team of the week" and play the team on beginner. I easy win that 20-0 at a canter without trying, obviously on that level of difficulty. After this recent patch, it's certainly more effort and balls going astray, shots missing. I won against beginner team of the week 11-0 and 13-0.

So yeah, slight difference. Obviously on higher difficulty levels it's going to be worse.
  • MadJohnMadnesS
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    Same.But l am also getting only one,red connection bar.Gameplay absolutely unresponsive and players are running away from ball.How's your connections guys?Red bars?Green bars?
  • jonas2173
    70 posts Park Captain
    servers are still the same . green or red bar many games are still unresponsive and sluggish. though i love this new patch..
    I cant use r1 ground passes anymore if not my reciver has huge space when reciving because the first touches is worse now when they fixed something about the tackles and ball traveling further. its alot more slow play now to be sucsessfull. not just nuubish ai defend, max pressure and always sprinting...

Lucky for me this patch fit my playstyle and i have risen 300SR after it.
  • salvadordali1
    Something is still off for me. Attacking should be easier after this patch jet i find it harder and wierd. Im losing the ball even if i use shielding or whatever i will lose the ball instantly. My opponent seems to intercept a lot of my passes and i cant collect not a single interception. Im in defense a total noob after this patch. Yet i havent played a single game on high press or running with my CM's or CDM's and letting AI do the job because i was never lucky enough like many of my opponents who were blocking and tackling with AI as hell.

Sometimes when i attack opponent player just decide and goes full speed on me and no skill move will help me because he will smash my player to the damn china and start a counter.
    I fell from 2200 skill points to 1600 in 2 days. I dont know what is going on. I was considering if i was maybe playing with lot's of AI deff assist and i wasnt aware of that, but i think that this is highly unlikely since i was controlling my defenders not CM's or CDM's. Maybe i have some input delay that im not aware of.... im using DS4Windows with PS4 controller maybe there is some delay. I dont fuking know. I just know that even if i used a damn AI defending i would loose a lot more games and if i didnt had any skill i wouldnt be able to climb all the way to the division 2.
    Or maybe i just need a brake from this game. I will se on sunday when ill give another try.
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    Something is still off for me. Attacking should be easier after this patch jet i find it harder and wierd. Im losing the ball even if i use shielding or whatever i will lose the ball instantly. My opponent seems to intercept a lot of my passes and i cant collect not a single interception. Im in defense a total noob after this patch. Yet i havent played a single game on high press or running with my CM's or CDM's and letting AI do the job because i was never lucky enough like many of my opponents who were blocking and tackling with AI as hell.

Sometimes when i attack opponent player just decide and goes full speed on me and no skill move will help me because he will smash my player to the damn china and start a counter.
    I fell from 2200 skill points to 1600 in 2 days. I dont know what is going on. I was considering if i was maybe playing with lot's of AI deff assist and i wasnt aware of that, but i think that this is highly unlikely since i was controlling my defenders not CM's or CDM's. Maybe i have some input delay that im not aware of.... im using DS4Windows with PS4 controller maybe there is some delay. I dont fuking know. I just know that even if i used a damn AI defending i would loose a lot more games and if i didnt had any skill i wouldnt be able to climb all the way to the division 2.
    Or maybe i just need a brake from this game. I will se on sunday when ill give another try.

I've dropped from 1950 to 1800 since the patch. Seems most players in Div 3 are just sitting deep and counter attacking now that pressing is nerfed
  • Dolan_Spoderman
    237 posts Has Potential To Be Special

If you previously didnt use manual defending and you abused pressure... newsflash you are getting hammered. Just wait for a youtuber to explain how to defend.

This patch brought the best out of my game. Finally I'm rewarded for defending manually, players are more responsive since I actually feel that i'm in control. I's been great, people dont know how to defend and their pressure tactics is great for killing the game around the 70th minute with 3 subs. People are sheeps... now I can see almost everyone played constant pressure and abused AI defending. But knowing EA once this patch hits the consoles and the babies start crying...
  • salvadordali1
    riskywhat wrote: »

I've dropped from 1950 to 1800 since the patch. Seems most players in Div 3 are just sitting deep and counter attacking now that pressing is nerfed

I know that im the problem. But i cant figure it out what am i doing wrong. I used to put out a good fight even against full icon squads. Now im just irrelevant in defense.
    For instance. One dude were dribbling and i saw that he is just smashing that right stick, but even if he went with feint right into my defender ball would either pass trough my legs or milimeters from my foot, or i would make a foul and get yellow and funny thing i only pressed defending stance button or what it is called and nothing more.
    Shall we play a game so you can see what im talking about in some 30 mins?
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

If you previously didnt use manual defending and you abused pressure... newsflash you are getting hammered. Just wait for a youtuber to explain how to defend.

This patch brought the best out of my game. Finally I'm rewarded for defending manually, players are more responsive since I actually feel that i'm in control. I's been great, people dont know how to defend and their pressure tactics is great for killing the game around the 70th minute with 3 subs. People are sheeps... now I can see almost everyone played constant pressure and abused AI defending. But knowing EA once this patch hits the consoles and the babies start crying...

I don't think it's that simple. I'm in a similar situation to OP and I didn't use constant pressure or abuse AI defending. Seems like the AI abusers and constant pressure players have switched to just sitting deep and counter attacking, which is just as frustrating to play against
  • jonas2173
    70 posts Park Captain
    its more importen to cut passing lanes now. dont try charge into any oponent that has the ball all the time.. Now you have to predict where he is going or what he is going to do if you gonna intercept him sucessfully. i never used counter attack before the patch and i never use it now either. im playing 4-4-1-1 both def and atack balanced. its more easy to use skills now when getting pressed because usualy only one player comming to get you because they will tire themself out if they keep charging all in 90 minutes.. alot off people still play like the old patch. i just let them run for 45 min while i keep possession and let them tire out then roll over them in the 2 half when half his team is outa position.

My advise is play patient and dont charge in if you dont know where or what your opponent it trying to do
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

I know that im the problem. But i cant figure it out what am i doing wrong. I used to put out a good fight even against full icon squads. Now im just irrelevant in defense.
    For instance. One dude were dribbling and i saw that he is just smashing that right stick, but even if he went with feint right into my defender ball would either pass trough my legs or milimeters from my foot, or i would make a foul and get yellow and funny thing i only pressed defending stance button or what it is called and nothing more.

Cant play now mate, how about tonight around 8.30pm / 9pm

• Dolan_Spoderman
    I don't think it's that simple. I'm in a similar situation to OP and I didn't use constant pressure or abuse AI defending. Seems like the AI abusers and constant pressure players have switched to just sitting deep and counter attacking, which is just as frustrating to play against

You might think that, but the AI was working for you, I couldnt controll my defense as I can now. And about sitting deep... let them doi it, more space for you to finesse outside the box. But if you pplay quick 1-2's you can disarm a packed defense with ease.

• salvadordali1

Lol angry kiddo hold your horses and try to read before rewarding us with your opinions. I wrote that i never used full press.
  • salvadordali1

sorry im leaving town after 9. Ill be back on sunday, maybe then we can play :)
  • Dolan_Spoderman
    Lol angry kiddo hold your horses and try to read before rewarding us with your opinions. I wrote that i never used full press.

Love it when people start dismissing something with "kiddo"... im in my early 30's mate, english is not my main language so I might no express what I should, or at least more clearly. I wasnt replaying to you specifically. But a heads up, maybe you played pressure on heavy touch? Or even d-pad pressing... but even so if you play, for example on fast build up and not know how to manual defend you will leave huge gaps.
  • salvadordali1
    jonas2173 wrote: »
    its more importen to cut passing lanes now. dont try charge into any oponent that has the ball all the time.. Now you have to predict where he is going or what he is going to do if you gonna intercept him sucessfully. i never used counter attack before the patch and i never use it now either. im playing 4-4-1-1 both def and atack balanced. its more easy to use skills now when getting pressed because usualy only one player comming to get you because they will tire themself out if they keep charging all in 90 minutes.. alot off people still play like the old patch. i just let them run for 45 min while i keep possession and let them tire out then roll over them in the 2 half when half his team is outa position.

My advise is play patient and dont charge in if you dont know where or what your opponent it trying to do

Agree with you, but thats exsacly what im doing. I read his play in most cases, jet when im about to intercept or tackle i feel like a ghost.
    On interceptions i have two scenarios: First is i read him as a open book my player is in the position and if i decide only to contain or what is called(same button as shielding in attack) my player wont expand his leg all the way and ball will pass milimeters from my foot. Second same as first but i decide to press standing tackle to intercept the ball and ball is bounced of me or pass trough my legs xD and ofc third when i actually miraculously manage to do a proper interception.
  • salvadordali1

Love it when people start dismissing something with "kiddo"... im in my early 30's mate, english is not my main language so I might no express what I should, or at least more clearly. I wasnt replaying to you specifically. But a heads up, maybe you played pressure on heavy touch? Or even d-pad pressing... but even so if you play, for example on fast build up and not know how to manual defend you will leave huge gaps.

I didnt refer to you as kiddo because of your english skill's. I refer to you as kiddo because you didnt read the whole thread and stared to trowing crybaby's and all the other **** that some kid would bark about after he got few wins in a row.

I play attack and deff on balanced both, and i dont do my custom tactics by YT because i rarely use skillmoves and i like to control position of my players on the pitch.
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

You might think that, but the AI was working for you, I couldnt controll my defense as I can now. And about sitting deep... let them doi it, more space for you to finesse outside the box. But if you pplay quick 1-2's you can disarm a packed defense with ease.

Of course, the overpowered AI was helping all players defend, whether they abused it or not. The problem is I like to play attacking football and that leaves me open to counters. I need to adapt my tactics before WL
  • jonas2173
    70 posts Park Captain
    yeah practise.. its a totaly different game now
  • salvadordali1
    edited November 2018

Of course, the overpowered AI was helping all players defend, whether they abused it or not. The problem is I like to play attacking football and that leaves me open to counters. I need to adapt my tactics before WL

exactly, we all had same conditions to play, thats why im curious why it feels so different to me than other players who love this change. I just need to find out why my defenders are acting so strange and ill be back into wining.
  • Dolan_Spoderman

It might seem weird, but after the patch I had to up my defense line to get the most out of my team. After I did that I was less prone to counters, since the gap between the defenders and mids is less. Before I had like 3 or 4 bars and I was getting more exposed.
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

It might seem weird, but after the patch I had to up my defense line to get the most out of my team. After I did that I was less prone to counters, since the gap between the defenders and mids is less. Before I had like 3 or 4 bars and I was getting more exposed.

Playing on 5 at the moment, 4222 formation. You recommend higher than 5?
  • Dolan_Spoderman

I'm on 7/8, deff not lower than 7 and not higher than 8 lol, cant be precise right now, as i'm not on the game. But I play 1 CDM formations only, sometimes flat 442 depending on what I need, usually 41212(2).
  • salvadordali1
    i just pulled my defensive line up as @Dolan_Spoderman said. and it helped me a lot. Just won a game 9:4. It seems like my defensive line was to far behind. But im not sure if i came across some less skilled player since i fell down to div 4.
    Pushing up defensive line would be last thing i would do so many tanks to Dolan its seems like this might been the reason of my nubism xD
  • Dolan_Spoderman
    Lets keep this our secret untill after the WL lol
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional

I'm on 7/8, deff not lower than 7 and not higher than 8 lol, cant be precise right now, as i'm not on the game. But I play 1 CDM formations only, sometimes flat 442 depending on what I need, usually 41212(2).

Thanks mate will give it a try
  • salvadordali1

hahah im not in this WL till sunday xD maybe they will mess up something with servers and extend wl for 24h xD

Its funny how few little bars can make all the difference, at least for me xD
  • jonas2173
    70 posts Park Captain
    me on the other hand

hahah im not in this WL till sunday xD maybe they will mess up something with servers and extend wl for 24h xD

Its funny how few little bars can make all the difference, at least for me xD

i havent changed any tactic after the patch. still have 5 bars width and depth and havent noticed any change here
  • salvadordali1
    i set my depth to 7

I dont really know i played only one game but i used to lose to anyone or in best case scenario i managed to draw. But this game i was finally in charge of my actions. And maybe it was only a very bad opponent.
  • kayron16
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite

Wow 1st time coming on the pc forums to see what the patch has been like and I can already tell you’re a bit of a knob head
  • jonas2173
    70 posts Park Captain
    kayron16 wrote: »

Wow 1st time coming on the pc forums to see what the patch has been like and I can already tell you’re a bit of a knob head

well what he says is all true. but something happend with touches when they tried to make the ball travel further after tackles.its easier to lose possession if your not carefull.
    Now i see all people try to push the depht line up to max to keep up the pressure without using pressure in the quictactics because it burns the stamina. all my last 5 matches my opponent standing ultra high to have shorter way to run for the ball when def.