Can't even beat an 8 year old

IIZlatan4everII
105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Seriously how is an 8 year old better than me on this game. He couldn't barely speak any English yet somehow he lags nad wins 7-0 after I quit after 66 mins. I don't get this game. Connection is making me extremely poor.

Comments

• Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    If he's winning 7.0 he's clearly better then you! No amount of lag would determine that scoreline
  • IIZlatan4everII
    edited November 2018
    If he's winning 7.0 he's clearly better then you! No amount of lag would determine that scoreline

I was constantly freezing and speeding up and my buttons wouldn't register till 3-4 seconds later. I smashed my controller because of it. Losing is fair enough but losing like that because of connection isn't on.
  • IIZlatan4everII
    Parlabane wrote: »
    ...He couldn't barely speak any English...
    Someone’s failure to grasp the English language is completely irrelevant to how good they are at a video game. If it were, you would be Top 100.

No far from it but when my connection if ok I'm elite 3/gold 1 player yet in the last 3-4 weeks I'm average silver 3-2 because of connection advantage to my opponents.
  • Wz000
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bro kids are the best at video games. They have no life so just play all day long. Lol
  • Foldsea
    1236 posts Professional
    Someone’s failure to grasp the English language is completely irrelevant to how good they are at a video game. If it were, you would be Top 100.

No far from it but when my connection if ok I'm elite 3/gold 1 player yet in the last 3-4 weeks I'm average silver 3-2 because of connection advantage to my opponents.

This Can not be true, i Have bad connection here in Sweden and get silver 1 / gold 3 if i Have a good WL, there is No way a better connection would get me to elite, probably max gold 2 , could be wrong, But i Dont think so
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional

You are overestimating your own ability if you think that a better connection could give you 10-15 more wins.
  • IIZlatan4everII
    Oscaaaar wrote: »

You are overestimating your own ability if you think that a better connection could give you 10-15 more wins.

Trust me it does, on average I hang around silver band but nearly got elite 3 the other week. The other week somehow every game was bliss smooth and enjoyable to play. Never will I ever experience that again.
  • Mmandras
    3435 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    Maybe it was his son sitting next to him?

Fifa is clearly young man's game, but I can hardly imagine 8 year old would be capable to win against decent player.

But I might be underestimating today's kids who are born with a joypad.
  • A_Snipe
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wz000 wrote: »
    Bro kids are the best at video games. They have no life so just play all day long. Lol

This.

Back in world at war days I was number 9 in the world for a good while on hardcore search when I had a clan going. I would have been 15 ish at the time. Gamed all night after school and all weekend
  • Ishibum
    14602 posts World Class

I was constantly freezing and speeding up and my buttons wouldn't register till 3-4 seconds later. I smashed my controller because of it. Losing is fair enough but losing like that because of connection isn't on.

Isn't this like the third controller you've smashed in the past fortnight?
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    I'm sorry mate my I laught too hard on this
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everyone here who thinks you cant thrash a better opponent when they have a bad connection, must always play with a decent connection.
    How can you defend when the opponent's attackers teleport from their own half into a 1 on 1 situation? Near impossible
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    Footfan wrote: »
    Everyone here who thinks you cant thrash a better opponent when they have a bad connection, must always play with a decent connection.
    How can you defend when the opponent's attackers teleport from their own half into a 1 on 1 situation? Near impossible

It is a new game EA is working on, combining FIFA and Startrek. They are going to give goalies phasers as well...
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    I would imagine the older you get the more likely kids will beat you at video games. I'm sure that I regularly get beaten by 8-year olds.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class
    Ishibum wrote: »

Isn't this like the third controller you've smashed in the past fortnight?

Should be smashing the trees as that's his connection issue.....