PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #4

EA_Andy
2991 posts EA Community Manager
41ur8h7nvhdi.png

The latest title update for FIFA 19 is now live. You can read some of the detail from this patch in our latest pitch notes article here.

You can also check out the full list of changes in the patch notes here.

Let us know your thoughts and any questions you have about this.

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    14857 posts Has That Special Something
    "You are now leaving FIFA Forums. Click the link to continue to [link]"?
    Is that really necessary, especially when it's still your own site being linked to? :D
    Anyway, auto-blocking was rather annoying, good thing it's been nerfed.
    Also pleased that tackling should finally rid possession from the attacker.
    And VERY pleased for this: "Updated the 2D portraits for 2440 players".
    Hopefully that includes a good number of Serie A players.
  • EA_Andy
    edited November 2018
    Aware the pitch notes article isn't live yet - should be up very soon.
    Post edited by EA_Andy on
  • drmr92
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Why the updated starheads are not in the career mode save we are playing at the moment? Why do we have to start a new career?
  • drmr92
    You will probably update more starheads in the future and we have to start a new career everytime you update new starheads. Can you fix this?
  • agentxyz2
    790 posts Professional
    This is beautiful, the patch I've been waiting since day 1. Can take even further steps in toning AI tackling/containing but I love this direction.
  • EyeHamJuan
    56 posts Park Captain
    I love the regular updates!
  • EyeHamJuan
    56 posts Park Captain
    "In order to make the shot blocking of a defender that is being controlled by an AI Teammate less effective, we have reduced the distance that an AI Teammate defender will stretch to block a shot."

I feel like this will increase the amount of goals though? Do we really need that? I'm already the highest scoring team and pretty much the highest scored team on in the premier league in career mode. Granted I play 9min halves but on slow. Thinking I should go to 8min. I like the 9s though.
  • @EA_Andy
    But in this update the badges Scudetto, Coppa Italia, and Campione del Mondo change in career mode?
  • hooligan87
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AI Teammate Defender Shot Blocking. Why did you fix that?! To goals was even more?! You have in the game auto-passes auto-shots! You do not need to aim - just press the button and the computer adjusts all passes and shots! Thanks to auto-passes everyone plays ping-pong! You often do not even have time to switch to the right player! Need help Al. And you remove this help! What for?! You have an automatic attack and you're trying to make a manual defense! Auto-shots you left and auto-blocks you fixed! Fix then auto-shots! Why does a player aim past the goal but score a goal?! Why is the computer correcting the shots?!
  • Are you guys ever going to add more than 4 save slots for career mode? It is perfectly silly that you do not. You had 8 in 18. Not certain why there has to be a limit really...

Also, it appears something dramatically changed from 17/18 to 19 in the ability to get transferred. Are you sure that bit is working correctly?
  • V10Unit
    61 posts Park Captain
    This is unbelievable, I'm literally buying pes19 on black Friday just to play in 2 of the 5 top leagues cuz there ain't enough dam save slots!
  • eladlad
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Another patch and the gk still can't pass the ball on the ground with his hands on manual controls. please fix it!
  • hooligan87
    Your auto-shots are unstoppable! They fly through the players between their legs and so on! And you still fixed auto - blocks on the defensive! What for?!!! Are you helping weak players again?! Again, you want the hockey bills?! When you play on manual control it is very difficult to shoot on goal when the defender is in front of you and you are looking for free space for a shot - just like in real football!
  • EA_Andy
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    Your auto-shots are unstoppable! They fly through the players between their legs and so on! And you still fixed auto - blocks on the defensive! What for?!!! Are you helping weak players again?! Again, you want the hockey bills?! When you play on manual control it is very difficult to shoot on goal when the defender is in front of you and you are looking for free space for a shot - just like in real football!

There was lots of community feedback around A.I defending and we've made some adjustments based on that.

It looks like you're a PS4 player so may not have had a chance to play the game with these changes implemented. Once you have played you may have a different opinion and if not please feel free to let us know how you'd alter the game even further.
  • EA_Andy
    V10Unit wrote: »
    This is unbelievable, I'm literally buying pes19 on black Friday just to play in 2 of the 5 top leagues cuz there ain't enough dam save slots!

We're aware of the feedback around career mode save slots and are looking into this but at the moment there isn't any further information to share.
  • EA_Andy
    eladlad wrote: »
    Another patch and the gk still can't pass the ball on the ground with his hands on manual controls. please fix it!

This has been raised but no further info on a time line for a fix.
  • DelboyIRA
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »

@EA_Andy mate can you tell me is there any player from EFL Chapionship, EFL League 1 and EFL League 2 included in this ''Updated the 2D portraits for 2440 players.''
  • Leyboi86
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    when will this be on ps4
  • forearms
    4460 posts National Call-Up

There was lots of community feedback around A.I defending and we've made some adjustments based on that.

It looks like you're a PS4 player so may not have had a chance to play the game with these changes implemented. Once you have played you may have a different opinion and if not please feel free to let us know how you'd alter the game even further.

Speaking of community feedback, will you release the results of the November community survey? Or at least outline points from it?
  • drmr92
    Please, can you answer why new updated starheads are not in the career mode save we are playing at the moment. It's ridiculous to start a new career mode everytime you update new starheads? Will you fix this problem?
  • Reis9483
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    @EA_Andy Hello, I would like to know when you will update Neymar's face
    with his new haircut and also his tattoos because he misses a few?
  • Leyboi86
    Reis9483 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy Hi, i would like to Know when you up

out of bed like? lol s bit invasive
  • EA_Andy
    forearms wrote: »

Speaking of community feedback, will you release the results of the November community survey? Or at least outline points from it?

There's no plans to release the feedback publicly at the moment.
    drmr92 wrote: »
    Please, can you answer why new updated starheads are not in the career mode save we are playing at the moment. It's ridiculous to start a new career mode everytime you update new starheads? Will you fix this problem?

There may be technical limitations behind this. I'll send this feedback on though.
  • Alemas_2012
    14857 posts Has That Special Something

Create some plans, then.
  • hooligan87
    goalkeeper to clear the ball on the opponent's leg and he scores a goal in an empty goal! The same thing happens when the ball hits the goal post. It's in almost every match!!!! Fix it!

The worst thing is that nothing can be done! If it were rare, I would be silent. But it's in almost every match! Video from one match!
  • Leyboi86
    do the guinness book of records know about all these patches!
  • This update literally makes career mode unplayable. My players are still tired from matches 1 week later! It's just not realistic! How am I meant to cope when I've got fixtures midweek too?
  • forearms
    4460 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018

drmr92 wrote: »

There may be technical limitations behind this. I'll send this feedback on though.

Is there a particular reason for the secrecy? I'm sure that if the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, EA would be much more willing to disclose. I for one, am very interested to hear what kind of feedback was provided, and if anything will be changed due to it.
  • eladlad
    527 posts An Exciting Prospect

Thank for your reply. Hope it will be fixed.
  • DelboyIRA
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy come on mate can you tell me is there any player from EFL Championship, EFL League 1 and EFL League 2 included in this ''Updated the 2D portraits for 2440 players.''