Rttf cards better if team goes to Eufa cup?

Torminator
1289 posts Professional
Hi, i was looking at the cards and wouldn’t it be better if teams finished 3rd in the CL groups and go on to eufa cup? I can see Napoli and Tottenham reach the final in that league.

They would get the same upgrades per round right?

Comments

• riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    They will likely finish at a higher rating. But they won’t get upgraded in December so you will be waiting 3 months for an upgrade that may not even happen if they get a tough draw
  • Torminator
    1289 posts Professional
    riskywhat wrote: »
    They will likely finish at a higher rating. But they won’t get upgraded in December so you will be waiting 3 months for an upgrade that may not even happen if they get a tough draw

They will get upgraded for progressing to knock out phase right?
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    Torminator wrote: »

No, they miss out on the first upgrade if they go into Europa League

Edit: You mean Champions League Knockout Stage? If their team finishes 1st or 2nd they will be upgraded in December. If they finish 3rd no possible upgrade until February

• pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move

No they won't. If they downgrade from Champions League, they will not receive the first upgrade. They will only become eligible for an upgrade during the next round of matches. So their first upgrade will only come in February. That's way too long to hold on to a card.
  • Torminator
    1289 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

No they won't. If they downgrade from Champions League, they will not receive the first upgrade. They will only become eligible for an upgrade during the next round of matches. So their first upgrade will only come in February. That's way too long to hold on to a card.

Didnt know that. Good to know! There goes my Davinson Sanchez investment, haha.
  • Chavez76
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite

Unless you want to use it now already, the period until Feb is too long to hold to as an investment IMO as well. Yet, Sanchez for instance is awesome already without the upgrade so can be in your team until then IMO
  • Chet
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Think about how much the market will change between now and Feb, Xmas/Toty etc, potential IFs and then make a decision whether you think the RTTF cards are worth it.
  • Torminator
    1289 posts Professional
    Well basically my Hamsik is starter in my team already. The only one i could sell is my Davinson sanches because i think the rest of the RTTF player i invested in will all go through to the CL rounds.
  • LahmChops
    1113 posts Professional

The cards will not get an upgrade by losing.