258 posts Sunday League Hero
Now, is there anyone else here? :#

Comments

• Farlz
    8487 posts League Winner
    hi
  • Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    If you guys want any help setting up this section or have any ideas, let me know.
  • Darth
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kaede wrote: »
    If you guys want any help setting up this section or have any ideas, let me know.
    Things I would like to see:

Competitions
    Drawing thread (currently teaching myself how to draw, its going quite bad)
    Chat thread

The success of this section all depends on how many people are interested in graphics/media though, the dissapearance of signatures wont help this.
  • Kaede
    Yeah. That was one of my worries about having no signatures, @Darth . I'd be interested in doing a drawing thread, as I do draw in my spare time. Competitions are definitely worth considering, as I know many forums have things like "best profile design", etc. and they're popular. As for a chat thread, it'd be hard to overlap with OT's and Club Discussion's probably, but with activity it'd be something to think about.

I'd be glad to help with those things, but I'm not sure how we'll bring other posters to this section.

I don't mind having a word with the admins, if you have some ideas.
  • Twatermelon
    48 posts Park Captain
    Hi man, haydos here, long time no speak! How's things? Good to see you're still designing, you've got some nice stuff on deviant now.

As for attracting members to what has pretty much become a niche section, the possibility of member titles has done good things on other forums I've frequented. Just as you @Kaede have the title 'MODERATOR', you could introduce various designer/artist titles attained e.g. by winning a number of contests or something. Probably not likely to happen on an EA forum, but worth a thought.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Man like Haydos. Your profile pic gets destroyed by the resizing on profile pages btw :D

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/profile/902/Twatermelon
  • Kaede
    @Twatermelon I'll forward that to Rob. It's something that has been done in the past with our old forum actually. We had "writers" and "content creators", if I remember correctly, but it never went far. I think the biggest issue, which I've talked to @Darth about in the past, is that XCC and PSCC allow graphics work there. People often prefer to work there, as it has a larger set of viewers. If I think anything is to change, which I'll talk to the staff about, we need to make it so all GFX work ends up here.

This is a section that I'd really like to take off, so I'll do my best after my exams are over and I have some free time.
  • Kaede
    I'll go make a thread in the staff section now.
  • Kaede
    Something to consider, which me and other moderators have started discussing: what if we introduced all media to here. Like Youtube, Twitch, and other things like that. I know there's quite a few popular streamers on these boards, for example, so perhaps drawing their crowd to this section will also increase the traffic for graphics views. Plus, you guys would have a demographic that might be interested in graphics work. If we can get other parts of the community involved, perhaps Futwiz, it might be interesting. Just bounce ideas off me, if you have any.
  • Twatermelon
    48 posts Park Captain
    Jenko wrote: »
    Man like Haydos. Your profile pic gets destroyed by the resizing on profile pages btw :D

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/profile/902/Twatermelon

I know, its awful lol.

@Kaede I think that's a good idea. However, the simple fact of there being no signatures on this forum hinders any promotion of making/sharing them in this, or any section. On all forums that I've been active on, signatures and icons/avatars are the primary stimuli for getting people designing, and establishing an active graphics demographic. Aside from them, there's always just the quiet demand for wallpapers. People post their work, others view the thread, request a signature from the user that they can add to their profile, user creates it, and adds to their 'folio, etc. It's going to be difficult to sustain a graphics community where the viewership will be based on artistic endeavour alone, as this obviously isn't an arts forum. Of course, there are other forms of design but sigs are ideal for the casual creator as they're versatile in complexity and form. Do you think there's a chance that sigs will be introduced in the future, even if the space allowed is tiny? Or perhaps an alternative?
  • Rob
    1215 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @Twatermelon Sorry but if/when they do, it'll be plain text.

Wondering though, if the theme is changed such that there's the possibility of a background image (as mocked up in the forum feedback section) there'd be a very cool 'market' for graphics people.. I'll enquire :)
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    Great thread
  • Sabo
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Ridikuluz wrote: »
    Great thread

agree
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Why :joy:
  • dannyboy