Weekends League Experiment, Week 2 11/23-11/25

Chubbs
14641 posts Has That Special Something
edited November 2018
Going to give it a go again this weekend. Really enjoyed the games last time through. Think I will go for two teams again as I dont want to pay for fitness and it really freshens it up getting to change. What teams shall I go for this week? Some more hybrids, national teams, club teams, non rare, combination of a couple team ideas, etc?? Also have a ton of untradeable specials if anyone wants to see those put to the test. Leave a comment would love to incorporate some of y'alls favorite players in.

Week 1 Results and Thread here.

Spoiler to quick Week 1 recap. 17-11
746bcd6146e4276c566c08679eeace01.png

c1efe7e9543747b5203c1525e33dff59.png

Post edited by Chubbs on

Comments

• Ryno
    6567 posts Big Money Move
    I think Gold 1 is the ceiling for teams like these, you just end up losing those crucial 50/50s and give up late goals.

Id say 17-11 is my average most weekends with these 100k squads, but never had a chance to use a much better team in order to compare.

Rodrigo is currently my top goal scorer with just under a goal a game, Id recommend him for this week
  • Chubbs
    Ryno wrote: »
    I think Gold 1 is the ceiling for teams like these, you just end up losing those crucial 50/50s and give up late goals.

Id say 17-11 is my average most weekends with these 100k squads, but never had a chance to use a much better team in order to compare.

Rodrigo is currently my top goal scorer with just under a goal a game, Id recommend him for this week

I would love to hit Gold 1 with these teams. I feel like the three win difference from 1 and 2 is huge for me. Seems like such a long way off at times haha.
  • Davvebingan
    3220 posts National Call-Up
    A liga NOS side or hybrid
  • LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    A squad around Allsvenkan POTY Paulinho.
    Must be a hybrid.
    No more than 5 from 1 league or nationality.
  • Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner
    Congrats on week 1 dude
  • Chubbs
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Must be a hybrid.

@LeonidasJB the 67 stamina is really off putting. Couldnt even get Draxler or Talisca through a game last weekend. Would probably have to be a CAM for me as well as I am useless with Wingers.
  • LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Must be a hybrid.

@LeonidasJB the 67 stamina is really off putting. Couldnt even get Draxler or Talisca through a game last weekend. Would probably have to be a CAM for me as well as I am useless with Wingers.

Fair enough. Just thought he might be a bit of a different card to use.
    Maybe a useful super sub.
  • Chubbs
    edited November 2018
    Must be a hybrid.

No we doing it. Team One will be this. Think he will go to striker though. RW Moves to CM in 41212(2) Might have to move Martinez/Sule around for the price to fit thought since they are so inflated. Also might not use Tah, cant remember his price and if I want to start using untradeable specials.

cc5abf68bfbcd6712e14870ba163d147.png
  • LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    Must be a hybrid.

No we doing it. Team One will be this. Think he will go to striker though. RW Moves to CM in 41212(2) Might have to move Martinez/Sule around for the price to fit thought since they are so inflated. Also might not use Tah, cant remember his price and if I want to start using untradeable specials.

cc5abf68bfbcd6712e14870ba163d147.png

Nice. Good choice of team.
    Tah is an absolute rock at the back.
    I completed Paulinho SBC as well. Look forward to using him myself.
    At Brazil V Cameroon tonight though, so will be tomorrow night before I try him
  • Chubbs
    Thinking of doing a slow team for the second. Big tall slow players and focusing around SMS at ST/CF. Still going to have 55+ pace at CB because I want to win a few games. If anyone has any ideas or best formations please let me know.
  • Chubbs
    88bf1e62f74c6d4a5aec3349b29df2ab.png

Not the slowest because of fitting links in but tried to go for size in position on the faster players ie Perisic and Rabiot. Think it should be fun. Switch Nzonzi and SMS in tactics.
  • LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    I was going to suggest using a team built around your Player Pick Rewards.
    Each week you could make a suggested team and then 1 built around your rewards for that week.
  • Chubbs
    I was going to suggest using a team built around your Player Pick Rewards.
    Each week you could make a suggested team and then 1 built around your rewards for that week.

That's a great idea. Will absolutely go with that, always fun to play with the new shiny red cards.