Is there a secret to SB top 100?

DeMolay145
539 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited November 2018
From what I noticed, you need to beat the cpu 5x0 on legendary every single game to get to top 100.

Thing is EA is not even hiding anymore the H word and CPU enables god mode sometimes in which you are surely screwing your clean sheet.

Is there some trick I'm not aware of? How do you guys beat that?

Comments

• Zv1k0
    5993 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    No need to win 5-0 every single game this year. Average points for top 100 this year is 6-7k less than last year. I even lost 2 or 3 couple of times and still got top 100. It's a lot harder than last year so more people concede more and can't score 5 every game. That's because last year, AI was very exploitable. If you win every game 5-0 you are guaranteed top 10 because a perfect game gives you 2800 points +-. Add 1900 for featured squad and you have over 125k points. That's 1st place last week. 2nd acually if the guy who was first would play all games. 100th place was at 111,184 points last week which is the highest since release. That means you have to average 2500 points per game to get that. Any win with 5 goals is enough, 4-0 win is enough even 4-1 and 3-0 agaisnt very good teams is enough.
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    I think you have to play the low chemistry and bronze teams on ultimate and beat them with a similar score. I beat the legendary low chem low rated team 13-0 and only got around 2500 pts
  • Zv1k0
    edited November 2018
    Footfan wrote: »
    I think you have to play the low chemistry and bronze teams on ultimate and beat them with a similar score. I beat the legendary low chem low rated team 13-0 and only got around 2500 pts

Shooting and passing accuracy, shots on target, tackles possession, corners, all that matters too. And if AI has a lot of those, you lose points too. 5-0 against the worst possible team can still get you 2650-2700 points if those stats aren't completely ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • CeeQue
    12746 posts Has That Special Something
    Whats the bare min points for Legendary/Ultimate, W/L per game?

Thinking about banging on Legendary/Ultimate instead of WC. Does points differ from losing on those difficulties as opposed to winning easily on WC?
  • Zv1k0
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Whats the bare min points for Legendary/Ultimate, W/L per game?

Thinking about banging on Legendary/Ultimate instead of WC. Does points differ from losing on those difficulties as opposed to winning easily on WC?

I don't know the points for WC but minimum, 1-0 win on Legendary and Ultimate would get you 1800-1900 and 2200-2300 points respectively. Losing on those would only give you 400-700 points, depending on stats and the team you play against. If you score 5 goals on Ultimate but still lose you'd get around 800. If you win easily on WC and struggle on higher difficulties then I'd suggest you to stick with WC and try to win 5-0.
  • Hayter
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can’t play on ultimate. Getting the ball from the AI is frustrating as hell
  • zaklfc9
    856 posts Semi-Pro
    SB is probably the worst game mode. Fut champs is stressful as F**K but its worth it, play that and get the rewards, that also gives you a crap ton of points for division rivals where you then only need to play another 5-10 games in the entire week to get to a decent ranking and you get more rewards.

I play SB on the last day so i can update opponents right away, I play the first 2 teams which have low chem and crap rating teams, I can beat them 4/5-0 pretty easily on legendary and get around 2k points. I get to 15-/16k after about 8 games and stop. Playing the CPU is tedious and way too boring. To get to the next level on ranking is normally another 10k points and just not worth the effort for me.

In terms of is there some sort of trick, its just long mate, the people who get it are pretty good at the game generally, exploit game mechanics and have the patience to go through that awful game mode. I actually enjoyed it last year for a while but division rivals is far better.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Managed to get 99th in the world few weeks back (made a thread about it) Just focus on getting 5 goals for you and 0 scored against in every match and that should be enough. Play a 2 striker formation and abuse timed finishing.
  • Dixie81
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    I only play the squad battles as I refuse to £30/£40 extra just to play online, I find that it ok until you look at starting to level up to elite 3 and more so elite 2. It’s like the AI just got a super boost and a 80 rated team is now 94 rated and no matter what I try they still get the better of me. I’m happy with elite 2 with not even playing half the games.
    I just wish there was better rewards 🤔
  • nextqprmanager
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    look up xsour kiwis on youtube - hes just got Ni 1
  • DeMolay145
    I just lost a ridiculous game 1-2. My team misses a lot of shots and passes players shouldnt miss and CPU gets everything right its absurd.

How unfair can EA get?
  • DeMolay145
    and I just lost another one 1-4. The greatest manipulated mode ever created. Im done. Aint worth it.

Gonna stick to div 2 rewards and gold 1/2 in WL.

**** you EA.
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    I shouldve taken advantage of the low competition in SBs top 100 a few weeks ago. Im 700 points away from top 100 despite winning 3-1 on ultimate against bronze team, 10-0 against 2nd team legendary, 5-1 versus 3rd team legendary, 3-0 vs 4th team legendary. 8-0 against featured squad on legendary. I think its only worth playing if you get top 100. It seems unlikely now.

How many points do you get if you beat the bronze team 5-0 on legendary?
  • DeMolay145
    I shouldve taken advantage of the low competition in SBs top 100 a few weeks ago. Im 700 points away from top 100 despite winning 3-1 on ultimate against bronze team, 10-0 against 2nd team legendary, 5-1 versus 3rd team legendary, 3-0 vs 4th team legendary. 8-0 against featured squad on legendary. I think its only worth playing if you get top 100. It seems unlikely now.

i did it and got around 2.650ish
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move

You're winning but not maximising your points though. There's a table on another site listing the factors that determine your points. As someone said above, possession %, shots on target, pass completion, and even corner kicks add to your score. Fouls, cards and offsides subtract from your score. Goals are capped at 5, every additional goal simply counts as a shot on target. A clean sheet itself is worth 80 points, so once you concede 1, that's a (relatively) big blow.

I've tested before... you'll get a bit more points for scoring 5 and just passing around the back for the rest of the game. It's boring as hell, but if you really want to milk the points to get T100, that's what you've got to do, UNLESS you can really win 5-0 every single game on Ultimate and some Legendary.
  • Mmandras
    3418 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    How can you win even one game on Ultimate is beyond my imagination, crappiest bronze players play like they have all stats 99.
  • Crookieee123
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't know the exact points but it's winning 5-0 10 shots on target 60% possesion 10 corners and maybe 10 tackles maximises points