Is there some sort of glitch for savings pens I don't know about?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
I swear my last 6 or 7 penalties were all saved, I honestly can't remember the last time I scored one. I'm hitting the target, but whether it's left, right, low, high, they all get saved. Is there a glitch where the other person can see where you're aiming??

Right now hacking me down in the box is a great option for people, particularly as you don't get an automatic red anymore. :lol:

Comments

• nextqprmanager
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    apparently there is a slight tell
    direction the taker moves his head
    I normally power up, then just before the kick press shoot again - gen works
  • munchie63
    2765 posts Fans' Favourite

the head direction in 18 was noticeable. But not so much this year for me
  • nextqprmanager
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    munchie63 wrote: »

true
    when saving I normally see a right footer, then dive left & vic versa
  • YellowKicks
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually was wondering the same, missed 4 in a game this weekend. Followed by a further three in the following shoot out.
  • IxToMxI
    5028 posts Big Money Move

true
    when saving I normally see a right footer, then dive left & vic versa

This, I dive the way the player runs up I feel subconsciously the position makes you naturally aim for that way most seem to do it
  • Orikoru

Yeah, I thought this was a thing in 17/18 but hadn't noticed it lately.

So maybe if I aim one side on the run up then switch to the other side last second I'll have better luck? (Can totally see me spacking it wide but must be worth a go.)
  • Idek
    9302 posts League Winner
    Yeah you can see what way their head is looking and then it's whether the person you are playing also knows that's a thing
  • KinggHuss
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    just change direction right before the kick
  • tezmacfifa
    1805 posts Play-Off Hero
    I always aim the exact same side for a penalty, as I have found 8/10 times people aim the same side.

In shootouts I just go with gut and ignore the tell-tale head movement as people tend to use that as a ruse.
  • A_Snipe
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    There head tilts. But I find most people shoot the opposite of the kick takers stance. So a right footed player stands on the left of the ball but shoots to the right of the net
  • Orikoru
    Idek wrote: »
    Yeah you can see what way their head is looking and then it's whether the person you are playing also knows that's a thing

I guess everyone does. :lol:
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    They look at the direction you aim, then during the run up they look at the ball and before you shoot they take a look at the direction you’re aiming again. You need to switch it up after the 2nd look. The window between the 2nd look and the actual shot isn’t that big so you need to practise it to get it right.

Obv in shootouts you need to mix it up otherwise it’ll get predictable
  • BGAlum
    804 posts Semi-Pro
    The head... though if you can pull back to the center right away, that can keep them honest.