Icon SBC 3 completers.... did you get anything back?

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Seen lots of come back for the partial completionists.......

Just wondering if any of the the chaps that finished it (some multiple times) got any cards or coins back?

I for one did it purely on the premis it was repeatable but am of course left circa 700k down with a Zola that couldn’t hit a donkey on the a$$ with a banjo.

I sincerely apologise turning over old stones gents, it’s not my style as some of you mayknow. But I’m getting fobbed off by EA chat (shock...... I know!) so wanted to see if I was just unlucky:

Thanks in advance and again, apologies for opening up ‘old wounds’

Comments

• i2-TempZ-2i
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Why would you even think that they would give you anything back for completing it fully?

They only refunded people who partially completed....
  • Waspy
    @i2-TempZ-2i would you be annoyed if you paid for say endless fizzy drinks but after 20mins told nah its tap water refills only.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    Waspy wrote: »
    @i2-TempZ-2i would you be annoyed if you paid for say endless fizzy drinks but after 20mins told nah its tap water refills only.

Not sure you are quite understanding.

To put into simple terms, here we have a SBC, two people start doing it....

One person finishes the entire thing and is rewarded all the packs and the correct icon, the other person finishes 3/4 but doesn't have time to submit the final one before they remove it.

The first person received the correct items e.g. you so there is nothing to be refunded.

The second person received 3 packs but not the icon despite completing 3 of the required sbcs so therefore deserves a refund of the items he did put in so that he is able to do it again and receive the actual reward
  • kayron16
    2115 posts Fans' Favourite
    Repeatable sbc where you can pretty much break even at worst was never going to be legit. At least you’ve got an icon. Get some high rated players while the prices are low and wait for the next sbc
  • Waspy

One person finishes the entire thing and is rewarded all the packs and the correct icon, the other person finishes 3/4 but doesn't have time to submit the final one before they remove it.

The first person received the correct items e.g. you so there is nothing to be refunded.

The second person received 3 packs but not the icon despite completing 3 of the required sbcs so therefore deserves a refund of the items he did put in so that he is able to do it again and receive the actual reward

no i don't think you understand why i am looking for my coins back (maybe my fault as i didn't explain myself properly perhaps) My issue is that the terms of the 'offer' shall we say changed mid point, i.e. had the rewards been lesser from the off, I would never of even started it. Should I be held to account for EAs mistake? no.

• Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can't see you getting anything back @Waspy , from their perspective you got what was offered. Plus, if you want to repeat it you still can.
  • Waspy
    I can't see you getting anything back @Waspy , from their perspective you got what was offered. Plus, if you want to repeat it you still can.

yea i hear ya @Bigfootisblurry .... the reward for icon and the 'world class' elements are significantly less though so I just assumed it unreasonable for me to take a hit based on the change which by inference is an admission of a dropped ****
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite

yea i hear ya @Bigfootisblurry .... the reward for icon and the 'world class' elements are significantly less though so I just assumed it unreasonable for me to take a hit based on the change which by inference is an admission of a dropped ****

I'm not disagreeing with you, just don't think you'll get any joy from EA.
  • Waspy

I'm not disagreeing with you, just don't think you'll get any joy from EA.

nah i know @Bigfootisblurry , shame but hey, am i surprised? no. hey ho, take the L and move on I guess
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    The fact of the matter is you did the sbc for the rewards and the icon, both of which you received with no issues, i fail to understand why them making the rewards worse after you've already received the good ones then entitles you to a refund?

You knew exactly why you were completing the sbc and you knew exactly what you were receiving, trying to say that you wouldn't have done it if the rewards were worse is irrelevant because you didn't know they were going to change the sbc at the time you just completed it because you wanted to.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1189 posts Professional
    I think you should just carry on with the plan of rinse & repeat. i think worst case youre losing maybe 15k per set but mostly breaking even until that big pull. 58k per set and youre getting a 45k, 25k,15k, gold players and silver players pack. I would do that i i had an untradeable icon
  • H_Mus
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    I too completed it, got nothing back. Frustrated like you because I would have never completed it had it not had the rewards it did
  • H_Mus
    413 posts Sunday League Hero

no i don't think you understand why i am looking for my coins back (maybe my fault as i didn't explain myself properly perhaps) My issue is that the terms of the 'offer' shall we say changed mid point, i.e. had the rewards been lesser from the off, I would never of even started it. Should I be held to account for EAs mistake? no.

Don't waste your time with this guy. He doesn't seem to understand in any post.
  • Huss81
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gents - Official Response from EA - get our players back (thats alll) lol - Bumped

• Waspy
    The fact of the matter is you did the sbc for the rewards and the icon, both of which you received with no issues, i fail to understand why them making the rewards worse after you've already received the good ones then entitles you to a refund?

You knew exactly why you were completing the sbc and you knew exactly what you were receiving, trying to say that you wouldn't have done it if the rewards were worse is irrelevant because you didn't know they were going to change the sbc at the time you just completed it because you wanted to.

Incorrect...... I ONLY done it BECAUSE the 100K and 50k pack were repeatable rewards. I trust that's clearer now.....