Is there actually any pride for top players

Foldsea
1138 posts Professional
What do you think , or are you a top 100 player.
Is there actually any pride in being good/winner at Fifa ?
Most of the realy good players this and last year , they play very simple any abuse everything , Kick of goals, over the top balls, first post corners, high pressure against people with lag/delay.
Is there actually any pride in this ?
I remember a couple of years ago I played against a guy/girl with a full danish team, mixed gold/silvers/bronze and he outplayed me for real, and I remember I thought, dam this person is really something extra.
Now when I loose I always think , ok he/she is a little better but I have delay and he/she can’t be having fun with that kind of play style ?
If you compare Fifa to Fortnite or Cod/bo there are some amazing players, of cores they know which angles and position they should use , but Fifa for me is just more random luck.
Am I just a sore looser or am right ?

Comments

  • Thorny
    1057 posts Professional
    You clearly don't see how pros etc play then. The top pros on this quite often are on another level to even us regular good quality players.
  • Foldsea
    1138 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    I watch gorilla a few times, do you think he enjoy playing ?
    @Thorny
  • Mizzle
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Foldsea wrote: »
    What do you think , or are you a top 100 player.
    Is there actually any pride in being good/winner at Fifa ?
    Most of the realy good players this and last year , they play very simple any abuse everything , Kick of goals, over the top balls, first post corners, high pressure against people with lag/delay.
    Is there actually any pride in this ?
    I remember a couple of years ago I played against a guy/girl with a full danish team, mixed gold/silvers/bronze and he outplayed me for real, and I remember I thought, dam this person is really something extra.
    Now when I loose I always think , ok he/she is a little better but I have delay and he/she can’t be having fun with that kind of play style ?
    If you compare Fifa to Fortnite or Cod/bo there are some amazing players, of cores they know which angles and position they should use , but Fifa for me is just more random luck.
    Am I just a sore looser or am right ?

    Previous years it's helped having lower rated teams but I don't think this is the case this year which might be why you were outplayed by the Danish team.

    And I agree with you about the playstyle of top players. I seem like the only person online who doesn't abuse freekicks with the first and second runner. I swear I would have gotten elite 2 or higher this week if it wasn't for them freekicks
  • Foldsea
    1138 posts Professional
    @Mizzle
    But still people have bronze bench this year , so basically people still think a lower rated team helps.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9962 posts Has That Special Something
    I was very proud about getting Top100 3x weekly and 1x monthly on FIFA17, but I used L2+R2 dribbling a lot which was really OP that year. The meta changed to non-dribbling related things in FIFA18/19 so I don't play a meta style anymore as I enjoy a dribbling playstyle regardless of the game. I guess everyone takes pride in finishing in high ranks, but those who change their playstyle every year just to fit the meta may not enjoy getting those high ranks as much.
  • Foldsea
    1138 posts Professional
    @Mini_Miudo
    This is what I mean, you play your style and enjoy it 👍
    Last year my best player was Dybala as Right FWD I twisted and turned with him and finished with a finess shot with left foot so last year for me finess shot was op, and the beginning of this year finess shot was op, but I still pass the ball around now and looking to finish with a finess shot . Doesn’t work so good but that’s how I play , I don’t want 200 pace wingers and over the top thrue balls.

    And why is the skill moves so bad ?
    I used to look at a Danish YouTuber ( I think Danish) he was so god at skill moves and it’s amazing to watch realy good skillers, but now skill moves are just a memory .
  • Thorny
    1057 posts Professional
    Foldsea wrote: »
    I watch gorilla a few times, do you think he enjoy playing ?
    @Thorny

    Maybe I misunderstood...

    Are top 100 players good players and "proud" of how they play?
    Yes

    Do they enjoy the game?
    Absolutely not.
  • Foldsea
    1138 posts Professional
    @Thorny
    You got it right , but

    Are they good 100 % for sure , that’s right, you are as good as you’re ranking.
    But do you really think they take any pride in going 30-0 in WL and take pride in going to an event, off course if you win a big event you should 100% be proud , but to only get there becouse you learned how to abuse every little mechanic in the game ?

    I don’t play Fortnite but I Watched Nick Mercs for many years on twitch and he always seems happy(almost)
    Gorilla always seems sad.

    My feeling is that Fifa is more of a drug that you must play , rather then a fun game to play.

    To much chatting guys, thanks for input, back to WL

  • Oweyman
    806 posts Semi-Pro
    Thorny wrote: »
    You clearly don't see how pros etc play then. The top pros on this quite often are on another level to even us regular good quality players.

    Are you suggesting you are a good player? :D :D :D
  • Thorny
    1057 posts Professional
    Oweyman wrote: »
    Thorny wrote: »
    You clearly don't see how pros etc play then. The top pros on this quite often are on another level to even us regular good quality players.

    Are you suggesting you are a good player? :D :D :D

    rip
  • Andyw19_88
    469 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pros "seem sad" cus it's not a game to them it's a living, they have full icon teams so even packing a Messi is just a sub player for them
  • Mizzle
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I enjoy trying to
    Andyw19_88 wrote: »
    Pros "seem sad" cus it's not a game to them it's a living, they have full icon teams so even packing a Messi is just a sub player for them

    Never thought of it like that tbf!
  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    I played a top 100 player and lost 3-2

    My best players are Neymar, Mbappe and Kante, everyone else is ~30k.
    He had a team with Gullit, Prime Best, Ronaldo, Ramos and the list goes on.

    You can see how they dominate, their playstyle is a lot different to other players and they abuse the timed finished mechanic which is completely fine and fair.

    However I must say from that experience alone, team matters.
  • Delboy13710
    4720 posts National Call-Up
    I was thinking to change my whole game style as im only beating really bad players or if I go high pressure and play ping pong and winning like this is not enjoyable for me .
    Thinking to go full manual passing and play the way I like even if it means I’m not competitive can see myself getting bored by January this year
  • Jobiwan
    3063 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    I was thinking to change my whole game style as im only beating really bad players or if I go high pressure and play ping pong and winning like this is not enjoyable for me .
    Thinking to go full manual passing and play the way I like even if it means I’m not competitive can see myself getting bored by January this year

    I kinda feel the same. Dunno if ill even make it to jan...
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited November 2018
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    I was very proud about getting Top100 3x weekly and 1x monthly on FIFA17, but I used L2+R2 dribbling a lot which was really OP that year. The meta changed to non-dribbling related things in FIFA18/19 so I don't play a meta style anymore as I enjoy a dribbling playstyle regardless of the game. I guess everyone takes pride in finishing in high ranks, but those who change their playstyle every year just to fit the meta may not enjoy getting those high ranks as much.

    Ah the good old days of L2R2 OP! Unfortunately once you've become a skiller or rely heavily on L2R2, you can't unlearn those mechanics. Like you, I've definitely toned down the amount I use L2R2 but it still finds its way into my play instinctively, and unfortunately it can get you into trouble nowadays.......

    In response to the OP and the thread, there is definitely less joy for the top players compared to other games. Go and watch e-tournaments for Overwatch, Fortnite, LoL and have a look how much those players and the crowd get excited in the moment. Watch a FIFA pro event, you'll see pausing, scoring, wiping the hands and then a pathetic handshake at the end of the match with no respect for the opponent. Huge difference in class.

    However that's not to say you personally can't find joy in this game. Sure, the game can be infuriating at the best of times, but if you love football, then play football in the game and try to win that way. Whether that's skilling, passing or dribbling, just play the way you want even though it isn't the 'meta'. Beating the annoying opponents who just hold sprint for 90mins, play high pressure and pace abuse/blind ping-pong pass to teammates in no space all game is so much more rewarding when you've out-footballed them. I've found that, even if you win slightly less games this way, you enjoy your wins a lot more because winning through anti-football isn't actually rewarding at all for me
  • Mmandras
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    I would be proud. Being top 100 in a game like this is close to a miracle. I have huge respect for Gorilla, Tass and those guys. They think and react, understand the game of football on a level I'll never have.

    If you played competative Starcraft or Warcraft against korean guys, you know what skill means in multiplayer games. Fifa is not entirely skill based and I painfuly accept it's just different kind of game. But still those guys manage to pull of top 100 week after week. You can have some lucky wins here and there, but to have that consistant record, you have to be elite class.

    And if you can adapt and dominate in such brutal competitive environment I guarantee you can be OP in many areas of life also. Because ultimately everything is just a game with specific set of rules.
Sign In or Register to comment.