Chances of a baby icon sbc?

Any chance of this? Prices are pretty inflated at the moment and an sbc WITHOUT an icon requirement should bring the price down. Would be cool to work up through the stages.

Comments

• LFCFIFA1111
    78 posts Park Captain
    I honestly think that we would have had one before now. I can’t see it happening at all
  • They gave us primes last year that didn’t require an icon and it was a nice addition to the game and gave you a starting point. This should have been implemented this year as well. It’s a shame they have botched it from the start.
  • They gave us primes last year that didn’t require an icon and it was a nice addition to the game and gave you a starting point. This should have been implemented this year as well. It’s a shame they have botched it from the start.

Yeah I liked the system better last year, we could work towards the icon throughout the year instead of grinding your nuts off to get it in a month.
  • MHoney1234
    7015 posts Big Money Move
    Zero chance!
  • MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Zero chance!

:disappointed:
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    Think they will probably do it around march next year
  • Furrag85
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    The icon market is rubbish.

As soon as they release the base icon SBC, those inflated baby icons are going to crash hard by hundreds of thousands of coins per icon. Millions will be wiped off in lost coinage.

Players will lose coins.
    The icon market will stabilise.

Win win for EA. Nobody is buying FIFA points in hope of getting an 86 rated legend FFS when a 90 is the same coinage.
  • WarrenBarton
    6451 posts Big Money Move
    They could do a one time one I guess on Black Friday.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Furrag85 wrote: »

As soon as they release the base icon SBC, those inflated baby icons are going to crash hard by hundreds of thousands of coins per icon. Millions will be wiped off in lost coinage.

Players will lose coins.

Win win for EA. Nobody is buying FIFA points in hope of getting an 86 rated legend FFS when a 90 is the same coinage.

Your last statement doesn’t really make sense. If an 86 rated Icon is the same coins as a 90, then MORE people would buy packs in hopes of getting an 86 Icon since they are MUCH easier to pack than a 90 and give you a great return on coins. Packing an 86 is almost the same as packing the Prime for a few lower tier Icons since the coin difference isn’t much. It works both ways.
  • They could do a one time one I guess on Black Friday.

Was this a thing last year? Vaguely remember something similar...
  • Furrag85
    1742 posts Play-Off Hero
    Furrag85 wrote: »

Players will lose coins.

Your last statement doesn’t really make sense. If an 86 rated Icon is the same coins as a 90, then MORE people would buy packs in hopes of getting an 86 Icon since they are MUCH easier to pack than a 90 and give you a great return on coins. Packing an 86 is almost the same as packing the Prime for a few lower tier Icons since the coin difference isn’t much. It works both ways.
    Buying points for the overall coins, rather than the hopes of packing the actual icon itself.

People would buy more packs with points if they thought icons were affordable, which baby icons were at 300k a pop.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2078 posts Fans' Favourite
    FifaTaco wrote: »

Nope, base icon SBC came much later and propped up the market after TOTY.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not this early, maybe next year March/April time
  • FifaTaco wrote: »

Oh that must of been it haha. Really hope it happens sooner this year as it is a really good concept.
  • WarrenBarton
    6451 posts Big Money Move

Oh that must of been it haha. Really hope it happens sooner this year as it is a really good concept.

It was repeatable then though. I got very lucky personally with a Ronaldinho and Vieira from my first 2 tries (Hernández in my 3rd).
    I’m not expecting anything this early though, but it would be nice.
  • Mr. Soper
    2493 posts Fans' Favourite
    last year it was christmas time maybe feb that they did a baby icon SBC. WOULD LOVE ONE MYSELF
  • OZero
    4485 posts National Call-Up
    I really dislike their handling of icons this year.
  • xFATAL
    3998 posts National Call-Up
    If they do it most likely will be after a few big icon sets release. No way they're gonna let those go cheap. EA likes prices high so don't expect any favors from them lowering prices for your sake.
  • ZiggieTTU
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    Even after their SBC screwups, they showed their true intentions to hurt investors that bought high rated NIF’s and I can’t see them backing down... unless, there is no other options. Which may be the case. Lost my icons and still losing 100ks by the day unless something happens. Eventually, they have to go back to rating requirements, which they have avoided.
  • ZiggieTTU wrote: »
    Even after their SBC screwups, they showed their true intentions to hurt investors that bought high rated NIF’s and I can’t see them backing down... unless, there is no other options. Which may be the case. Lost my icons and still losing 100ks by the day unless something happens. Eventually, they have to go back to rating requirements, which they have avoided.

I agree Ea have really screws themselves over aswell as everybody else here and it just doesn’t make sense. Why not give us investors some profits so everyone can have fun.