4222 reviews?

Anybody have a review on the 4222. Looks pretty good but worried about leaving gaps in midfield. Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• FinallySKY
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Elite cards make it an elite formation

Wouldn’t be the best unless using meta players, competitively imo.

But for fun it’s a great formation, can have a plethora of set ups with the DM combo that can really vary things up.

2 cams and 2 strikers means a lot of chances carved up just by playing simple footy.

Whenever someone with a monster team switches to this formation I see it’s real potential in attack
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    It’s my go to formation. I have my LB get forward and my RCDM get forward. Gives you so many options in attack. Playing like that does leave you open to counters but you get lots of high scoring fun games
  • FinallySKY wrote: »
    Elite cards make it an elite formation

Wouldn’t be the best unless using meta players, competitively imo.

But for fun it’s a great formation, can have a plethora of set ups with the DM combo that can really vary things up.

2 cams and 2 strikers means a lot of chances carved up just by playing simple footy.

Whenever someone with a monster team switches to this formation I see it’s real potential in attack

My team is decent and meta but I wouldn’t call it elite. Simple footy is my play style and I love it. I might try it this weekend. :sunglasses:
  • sheffutd87
    2625 posts Fans' Favourite
    I liked it, but I got a bit frustrated with the gap bang smack in the middle.

If you can attack quickly you’ll score loads. You’ll concede a few as well unless you’re great at defending
  • sheffutd87 wrote: »
    I liked it, but I got a bit frustrated with the gap bang smack in the middle.

If you can attack quickly you’ll score loads. You’ll concede a few as well unless you’re great at defending

This makes me scared, I’m very shaky at the back and I’m sad to say I rely on Ai defending most of the time :neutral: Scoring loads sounds good to me aha.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Used it but prefer 442 (2) , more solid imo
  • ASHERLAUYY wrote: »
    Used it but prefer 442 (2) , more solid imo

Tried that but have found that I prefer to run through middle. Did enjoy that formation however.