FIFA 19 - A Dribbler's Hell

agentxyz2
791 posts Professional
1. AI tackle for the defence. Even muscle you off the ball while your trying to 1v1 a human
2. Defensive tackles track through the end point of skill moves
3. Auto tackling
4. Can push and pull without committing defender
5. Terrible aniimations and composure forced by literally the oppenent missing tackles
6. Skill a guy up, will catch up immediately
7. Defenders nab the ball through your back via autotackle or thoughtless sprint tackle

Comments

• its absolute ****, irl when messi or hazard dribbles someone they accept defeat and cover someone elses position... they all come for you in this piece of sht game its a disgrace.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    I was watching that kid Tekkz and he is the only guy that I saw that is really good at dribling in this game.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2835 posts Fans' Favourite
    It all boils down to bailout mechanics to artificially close down the skillgap to your opponent(s). I can't see them changing that any time soon.
  • agentxyz2
    791 posts Professional
    It's gotten worse since FIFA 17. Can't imagine where it'll be in 3 more years
  • Rebound19
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah, pointless having good ball control and dribbling skills when you can’t even use it. What a joke.
  • Renamed123456
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    Nothing worse than players who spam dribble moves with every single player all the way up the pitch and start talking about "real football"
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I mean ball roll and drab backs are still really effective.

If you make skill moves too effective people are going to complain about it too. But i do sort of miss the days of scoop turning 30 times a game lmao
  • BIG FACTS. They need to address all that. Nothing worse than you pulling out tricks to expose your opponent but then still losing to them with broken shots, lucky interceptions and **** AI defending
  • ELMEX94
    187 posts Sunday League Hero
    agentxyz2 wrote: »
    1. AI tackle for the defence. Even muscle you off the ball while your trying to 1v1 a human
    2. Defensive tackles track through the end point of skill moves
    3. Auto tackling
    4. Can push and pull without committing defender
    5. Terrible aniimations and composure forced by literally the oppenent missing tackles
    6. Skill a guy up, will catch up immediately
    7. Defenders nab the ball through your back via autotackle or thoughtless sprint tackle

Exactly
    2. Because there’s a ball lock until you press tackle
  • Chewbaccary
    900 posts Professional
    I feel your pain. This FIFA is very tough as a skiller. The AI is Prime Maldini.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5442 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    I feel your pain. This FIFA is very tough as a skiller. The AI is Prime Maldini.

Pretty much. I love flicks and turns and taking people on, but it seems as if EA are doing everything to ruin that style of play.

Even if your opponent gets sent the wrong way with a turn or you outsmart them, the game allows them to recover faster than you can get away so putting in a different combo of tricks and outplaying your opponent is all for nothing when he can recover and body you to win the ball back in seconds.
  • Chewbaccary
    900 posts Professional
    Yea, that's why I actually found Pogba to be the most effective skiller in the game that I've used so far. The quickness of people like Neymar is negated when the AI is glued to you, but Pogba's strength and size allow him to push through some challenges he shouldn't as he's exiting skill moves.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1174 posts Professional
    Yep the tank controls for dribbling are just way too much and with the catch up mechanic being as stupid as it is even if you do a good skill to make space you can still be caught within a second.

Even if you spend a full 90 mins struggling to create that 1 perfect chance in behind the defense and you're a country mile ahead of the last defender you will still get caught no problem.

First touches and dribbling in general are extremely poor and defensive ones you mention are a no brainer.

The entire game needs to be reworked to be honest none of the game makes sense at all and compare it to the good fifa games this years fifa is a million miles away from those games now so really fifa is just not improving.
  • The recover time of defenders is way too quick too. IRL if a defender misses a slide tackle the attacking player will smoke him by 10 yards in a couple of seconds. In FIFA if you miss a slide tackle, you still have time to get back up and catch the attacker again!
  • Dronegan
    995 posts Professional
    Dribbling is possible but requries the games to be completely delay free which happens like once a week for me .
    Which makes its pretty hard to build up your gameplan and team around dribbling.

But i also agree on the AI part lowering the skillgap alot.

Good examples are when you see the opponent controlling the defender infront of your player.
    But the 2nd man press AI player comes from behind and just plows through your player holding the ball.

• agentxyz2
    791 posts Professional
    Glad to see Im not the only one feeling the dribbler's pain
  • Fccheek
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think u can still use them just in the right situations but you can’t dribble through the whole team...which I do think is very unrealistic. But yea as for fun it’s brutal
  • I was predominantly a dribbler/possession based on 18 and every fifa upto that, this fifa is soooooo difficult.

Genuinely starting to wonder why I still play it, went on a 4 game win streak today and didnt enjoy it one bit, lost a few after and the way this game makes you feel says a lot, pure frustration.