Bargy611
101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited November 2018

Check out what I copped. Surely there’s no logical explanation for this
Post edited by Bargy611 on

Comments

• Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    so the goalie who got the yellow also got the free kick after u scored?
  • Bargy611
    Spillaren wrote: »
    so the goalie who got the yellow also got the free kick after u scored?

Yep. No advantage, no red card, no penalty. Ok fifa 😂
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1180 posts Professional
    Hahaha this is class
  • JSteward1
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No way hahaha Fifa never fails to amaze me....
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thats madness , imagine this happened in the final of the fut champs world series thing :D :D :D
  • Matthewjai
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    Is this after the update? Well I got sth worse, I had a goal kick, my goalie kicked it out of bounce...N then the players kept running for 2 or 3 more seconds, then guess what, penalty kick to my opponent, punishing me for kicking the ball out of bounce
  • HishamAyman
    2868 posts National Call-Up
    :D :D :D :D :D
  • Hoopsterz
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    I mean its stupid as hell. Neuer gets the yellow for the tackle on Lucas but no foul then gets a freekick for falling over Lucas as he gets back up :lol:

This game never ceases to amaze me.
  • Delboy13710
    4812 posts National Call-Up
    😂😂 WTF
    Fifa 19 the game that keeps giving
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14403 posts Has That Special Something
    I've had this happen to me. Just laughed it off.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4390 posts National Call-Up
    Happened to me a couple of days ago :D I had to laugh at the ridiculousness of it
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    What in the world.

Last fifa I randomly had a free kick against me in the opposite end of the pitch too
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    I think what's happened is advantage was played for Neuer's tackle (and ended as soon as the shot was taken as happens in real life). He then got up and as he ran past the player on the ground the player stood up bring Neuer down. A foul on the GK has no advantage so play was stopped before the ball crossed the line. This therefore meant Neuer got a free kick. He was then given a yellow card earlier in play.

It would obviously never happen in real life but I think it's just a limitation of computers.
  • Porsgaard85
    940 posts Professional
    Alastair wrote: »
    I think what's happened is advantage was played for Neuer's tackle (and ended as soon as the shot was taken as happens in real life). He then got up and as he ran past the player on the ground the player stood up bring Neuer down. A foul on the GK has no advantage so play was stopped before the ball crossed the line. This therefore meant Neuer got a free kick. He was then given a yellow card earlier in play.

It would obviously never happen in real life but I think it's just a limitation of computers.

you just ruined all the fun :)
  • JSteward1
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Alastair wrote: »

UP THE COWS
  • Alastair wrote: »

Hijacking this thread into a wider discussion of the advantage rule in FIFA... (apologies)

The English FA's laws state:

ADVANTAGE
    [The referee]... allows play to continue when an offence occurs and the non-offending team will benefit from the advantage and penalises the offence if the anticipated advantage does not ensue at that time or within a few seconds.

I guess it's that "few seconds" aspect that gets complicated in FIFA.

A "few seconds" in game time is really only about 1 second in "real time". It's not enough for anything to happen, so unless you immediately lose the ball, (I assume) the game assumes you're still benefitting for the advantage (you've still got control of the ball), and doesn't back up to the foul.

But that's clearly crazy - most of the time you'd rather have the FK than let the game play on.

In this case, it's just hugely unfortunate that Neuer tripped up was fouled by the attacker, and so - with the advantage time for the original foul assumed expired - the ref blew for the new foul.

I do recall that in previous FIFAs the advantage lasted much longer, but it does feel like in FIFA 19 it's very short, and you have to actually lose the ball to go back to the original foul.
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Controversial decisions are what make fifa realistic. I support it
  • Bargy611
    Should they play advantage even though it should have been given a penalty? If the shot was missed, in real life they’d bring it back for a penalty
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    Footfan wrote: »

Then include VAR...
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Footfan wrote: »

Then include VAR...

Yh VAR should be in FUT champions