I'm sick of dominating...

MarkusG
379 posts Sunday League Hero
If you dominate games you will lose thanks to EA's ****!!!

Is this the only game where you actually get punished for being better than your opponent??

I mean honestly, the fact EA rake money in by the boat load for this absolute **** garbage is just disgusting!

Comments

• browney1888
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    because your dominating doesnt actually mean your the better player

i played some top 100 players that was clear they where letting me dominate aslong as i didnt get into certain positions
  • nextqprmanager
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    It does seem that `The Game` equals up
    If it was a game where you just buy the best players & always win, it would be over quick
    hence less sales
    imo sometimes it is best to relax in 1st half, go 1-0 down then start playing in 2nd half & youll win 9 out of 10 !
  • ThePlantOFGod
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2018
    Loads of people can dominate a game by playing like an absolute cockwomble, doesn’t mean you deserve the win.
  • MarkusG
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    Loads of people can dominate a game by playing like an absolute cockwomble, doesn’t mean you deserve the win.

Cockwomble as in actually playing football, dominating possession and having chance after chance but then losing 2-1 to the usual sheep who sits back with his 11 Usain Bolts who don't get tired at all chasing my players down all game long.
  • Toshevv
    919 posts Professional
    By dominating you mean passing around back and forth and not doing anything? With my Icon team and I know how to play offense (defense not so much :smile: ) the minute people realize I am dangerous in attacking position they try to slow me down

How do they do it? Pass around and slow build up play.. Usually my great players save me from this situation by blasting something out of nothing.

If you score early your opponent will start playing like a normal guy. If you miss your chances and he knows you are better then him he will start playing not to lose

I have a friend who plays with me as a guest and we play a lot. I am much better then him but when we play against each other I beat him but its really annoying..

He knows I am better and just looks to frustrate me and pass it around looking for an opening . I end up winning 2:0 for example but he has 55 posession and same shots as me.
  • the_pack_king
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    It does seem that `The Game` equals up
    If it was a game where you just buy the best players & always win, it would be over quick
    hence less sales
    imo sometimes it is best to relax in 1st half, go 1-0 down then start playing in 2nd half & youll win 9 out of 10 !

I agree with the OP here.

Although I will be a little more clear, my number one problem is the post. I am sick to death of losing a match specifically in the weekend league when I am hitting the post 4/5 times. If I have for example 60% procession with 22 shots and 14 on target ( example to my opponents 5 shots with 2 on target) and lose the match 2-1 I can guarantee you I have hit the post or bar 4/5 times.

I have played every single weekend league this year and every single week I say to myself how long will it take me to hit the post, I have hit the post in the first half of ever single opening game. You could say "get better" but the truth is I could be 6-0 up at HT in one game (which happened this weekend) and the next game be 1-0 down at HT after hitting the post 3 times in the first half.

• SPN1987
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have like 60% possession all the time but I can't get into shooting positions. I don't consider myself a possession player and take risk with skillmoves and passes but I just can't ever seem to open things up. Nobody ever seems to make a run. I still play with a 40k squad though in division 4. Every match is crazy tough. I have beaten Ultimate AI with a 10k squad though multiple times. It's just that I just don't know what to do in attack.
  • Purplejacket
    2375 posts Fans' Favourite
    because your dominating doesnt actually mean your the better player

i played some top 100 players that was clear they where letting me dominate aslong as i didnt get into certain positions

Shh
  • Ben11123
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    you just have to know all the tricks to get in a finesse position, drag backs at random times. possession doesn't matter, having the ball in the middle of the pitch in opposition final third is the crucial part