Weekend League Experiment, Weekend Complete (Week 1 17-11)

Chubbs
14641 posts Has That Special Something
edited November 2018
Now that I have used some decently expensive teams for at least I want to see what the difference is in using 50k ish league teams or hybrids. Maybe some fun cheap teams or just go through the leagues each weekend and see if the results differ. Ideally I will try a new team every weekend, a team "identity" voted on by the forum and help choosing players from the selected identity. Would love some involvement from the community here to make it more fun as I got through. I am already tired of using the same teams and think it will be fun trying my favorite players from the past and some of you alls favorite players. I have finished Gold 1, Gold 2, and Gold 3. Will be fun to see if using a "lesser" team will make me slide to silver or if I can ever push into elite. If it works out eventually with the rewards and coins stacking up we can go to more expensive or random teams. First vote will be about the teams Identity for this upcoming weekend. Keep in mind I have only played 41212(2), 4231, and 4312 so will probably build the team around that but can always use a game plan to fit certain players in. Please select what team you would like to see first. If hybrid wins I will ask for you all to submit a team and we can vote on which one to pick.

I will post the team I use each week and their stats for the weekend at the end of each competition.

******* Team will cost 50-75k each of the first few weeks to see where the value and fun are.

WEEK 1
Teams are finished. I was not planning on doing two but also did not realize squad fitness cards were going for 1.5k+. I figured spending 45k just on fitness over the weekend would be pointless with lesser teams so went ahead and made two to save the coin and fit in some more recommendations. A few players are ones I have loved in the past Jovetic, Guarin, Draxler, Arias, etc and a few are just good values, links, or looked like awesome budget cards ie. Golovin. I hope most are pleased with them even if they aren't the most creative. I did buy one inform, one scream, and many UCL cards because I do not believe that takes away from the spirit of the idea and I hate non rares. I only bought the blues when it was a super good value. I will post this in the OP as well as a spoiler for anyway that wants to go back and look at any time. I kept the formations the same because I did not want to be going forth between two different ones every other game in champions.

Week 1 Current Results 17-11

Player stats inside spoilers below.

Team 1
Arias - 0
Ruben Dias - 0
Paulista - 2g
Ribeiro - 0
Pereira - 2a
Paulinho - 16g 8a
Guarin - 2g 6a
Talisca -6g 2a
Bakambu - 13g 3a
Muriel - 9g 10a

Team 2
De Siglio - 1a
Rudiger - 0
Ampadu - 0
Schulz - 1a
Can - 5g 4a
Weigl - 0
Golovin - 1g 10a
Draxler - 10g 3a
Werner - 11g 11a
Jovetic - 4g 5a

Team 1 Cost 61k w/ position changes and chem included

Team 1 Original
746bcd6146e4276c566c08679eeace01.png

Team 1 In Game
4488df5a5f7fca7234f35c4c674f42a7.png

Team 2 Cost 42 w/ position changes, chem, and Ruben Dias IF included

Team 2 Original
c1efe7e9543747b5203c1525e33dff59.png

Team 2 In Game
9673d86dd23c8078722864e114242a63.png
Post edited by Chubbs on

Weekend League Experiment, Weekend Complete (Week 1 17-11) 61 votes

BPL
8%
LewisT91WonderfulwestCheetah ThumbsFootyFootyFootballPhil0501 5 votes
Serie A
24%
LFC Simon 98BoabdustBakermaymanpeleJoresOkore5RandomLhama83KeanoOverevilDsteve007Thefranchise92PrimalAqeel87iWiggleJay1890Thunder001 15 votes
BBVA
8%
TomOTWBenja190782SEP1914Chemical_GCycloMusic10 5 votes
Bundesliga
1%
Davisto 1 vote
NOS
16%
Absting159YOLOT0UREBDS1'96dc2Ryan10gheefmondoStrum88BagelBlueBitofaLiabilityDavvebingan 10 votes
Ligue 1
4%
HoopsterzTimRUFCDaveofwales01 3 votes
Hybrid
36%
LeonidasJBShaanxzBlitzersNLtwinsdude5RascalinHere7A Very Pretty Man FubarRipperNoToHullTigersSnapzsXx_iou_cheesecake_xXfett2500BcfcDale88MikeyP_FCEspnscGhottiBanterMarc11SupaNoodle1990Greedy_MarcoGoonerJoe88Johno7256 22 votes

Comments

• Jay1890
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Serie A
    I use a cheap-ish serie A squad for the WL, dybala is my most expensive player
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    Serie A
    Lot of cheap gems
  • Davvebingan
    3220 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    NOS
    If you’re ready to use dynamic tactics to change formation IF Nakajima is a very fun player to use, maybe as Lcam, Lst or cam. I use him as Lf in 4321 but he could fit in other places as well. This is my Liga Nos fitness team I like it, fernades and Nakajima is my favourites

FE6-B1-A9-F-03-E3-41-E1-8905-95748136-CFC2.png
    Post edited by Davvebingan on
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    Hybrid
    Hybrid between Serie A and Liga Nos
    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/1814403
  • Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner
    Ligue 1
    I'd go from ligue 1 or nos and work up the list as rewards will get better as the weeks go on
  • Chubbs
    Hybrid between Serie A and Liga Nos
    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/1814403

Looks decent. Not loving the 6 check RCM though. Will keep this in mind if hybrid wins.
  • Chubbs
    I'd go from ligue 1 or nos and work up the list as rewards will get better as the weeks go on

Night not be a bad idea working my way you through the leagues. Appreciate the input.
  • Chubbs
    If you’re ready to use dynamic tactics to change formation IF Nakajima is a very fun player to use, maybe as Lcam, Lcam or cam. I use him as Lf in 4321 one but he could fit in other places as well. This is my Liga Nos fitness team I like it, fernades and Nakajima is my favourites

Looks fun! Always enjoyed using the Portuguese league in the past.
  • Hoopsterz
    3256 posts National Call-Up
    Ligue 1
    Put Ligue 1 just cos its a cheap team but seeing all these Liga NOS teams i want to formally request a change to Liga NOS
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    Serie A
    Seria A is affordable. And can compete with the best.
  • Shaanxz
    23819 posts Club Captain
    Hybrid
    a85380259f10519e0314a84ca57b8c4c.png

Switch to 4132 ig only lost 3 in 20 with it
  • Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner
    Ligue 1
    I am intrigued by marega from Liga nos, looks like he could be a beast after a couple of IFS.
  • Serie A
    This is what I've been doing on fifa 19 now that they've taken away most of the need to build different teams. I'm doing it a month at a time though for the top 5 leagues and a 1 nation team.I play a full weekend league at the end of the month. Started with Calcio A, then Ligue 1, now I'm onto the Bundesliga. Be interesting seeing how you get on. Good luck
  • Davvebingan
    NOS
    I am intrigued by marega from Liga nos, looks like he could be a beast after a couple of IFS.

Marega is a beast already all you need is a chem style that boosts ball control
  • Davvebingan
    NOS
    Chubbs wrote: »
    If you’re ready to use dynamic tactics to change formation IF Nakajima is a very fun player to use, maybe as Lcam, Lcam or cam. I use him as Lf in 4321 one but he could fit in other places as well. This is my Liga Nos fitness team I like it, fernades and Nakajima is my favourites

Looks fun! Always enjoyed using the Portuguese league in the past.

It’s very fun to play with, Fernandes and Nakajima scores fitness shots for fun and most of the team can dribble.
  • Chubbs
    edited November 2018
    Teams are finished. I was not planning on doing two but also did not realize squad fitness cards were going for 1.5k+. I figured spending 45k just on fitness over the weekend would be pointless with lesser teams so went ahead and made two to save the coin and fit in some more recommendations. A few players are ones I have loved in the past Jovetic, Guarin, Draxler, Arias, etc and a few are just good values, links, or looked like awesome budget cards ie. Golovin. I hope most are pleased with them even if they aren't the most creative. I did buy one inform, one scream, and many UCL cards because I do not believe that takes away from the spirit of the idea and I hate non rares. I only bought the blues when it was a super good value. I will post this in the OP as well as a spoiler for anyway that wants to go back and look at any time. I kept the formations the same because I did not want to be going forth between two different ones every other game in champions.

*The only card with games played from me already is UCL Schulz so all other with reflect the 15 games they get this weekend.

Week 1 Current Results 6-2

Player stats inside spoilers below.

Team 1
    Arias
    Ruben Dias
    Paulista
    Ribeiro
    Pereira - 1a
    Paulinho - 4g
    Guarin - 2a
    Talisca -1g 1a
    Bakambu - 2g
    Muriel - 2g

Team 2
    De Siglio - 1a
    Rudiger
    Ampadu
    Schulz - 1a
    Can - 3g
    Weigl
    Golovin - 1g 6a
    Draxler - 6g
    Werner - 2g 5a
    Jovetic - 1g 2a

Team 1 Cost 61k w/ position changes and chem included

Team 1 Original
    746bcd6146e4276c566c08679eeace01.png

Team 1 In Game
    4488df5a5f7fca7234f35c4c674f42a7.png

Team 2 Cost 42 w/ position changes, chem, and Ruben Dias IF included

Team 2 Original
    c1efe7e9543747b5203c1525e33dff59.png

Team 2 In Game
    9673d86dd23c8078722864e114242a63.png
    Post edited by Chubbs on
  • Daveofwales01
    8448 posts League Winner
    Ligue 1

Good to know, thanks
  • Davvebingan
    NOS

Good to know, thanks

No problem
  • Chubbs
    edited November 2018
    Bored and streaming some games. Cant seem to get the mic to work but if anyone is bored enough for some average games stop by.
  • Snapzs
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hybrid
    Silver hybrid :3
  • Chubbs
    Snapzs wrote: »
    Silver hybrid :3

You've lost your mind
  • Chubbs
    Streaming some more this afternoon if anyone is bored. Stats and record updated from last night and will after each game.
  • Chubbs
    Next set of games up. Thankful for the extension so I dont have get all 14 in tonight. Was going well until I lost 3 in a row last night and was ahead in two of them. Playing here if you are interested.

• Chubbs
    Finished Week 1 17-11. I do not know if I was just luck or what but it seemed like I only played 2-3 stacked teams. Overall both teams performed well and both got 14 games. The team with Bakambu, Paulinho, etc were by far the better team.

Player stats here

Team 1
    Arias - 0
    Ruben Dias - 0
    Paulista - 2g
    Ribeiro - 0
    Pereira - 2a
    Paulinho - 16g 8a
    Guarin - 2g 6a
    Talisca -6g 2a
    Bakambu - 13g 3a
    Muriel - 9g 10a

Team 2
    De Siglio - 1a
    Rudiger - 0
    Ampadu - 0
    Schulz - 1a
    Can - 5g 4a
    Weigl - 0
    Golovin - 1g 10a
    Draxler - 10g 3a
    Werner - 11g 11a
    Jovetic - 4g 5a

Stars

Paulinho - By far the best player this weekend. Almost makes me want to fit him into every team I make in the future. One of the best players I have used this year on any budget.

Bakambu - I knew he would be great, really enjoyed his card last year. Great all around striker, strength and speed for days.

Paulista - Rock in defense, scored the odd header too.

Neto - Probably best at that rating I have used for a GK. Didnt have one moment I thought negatively about him.

Can - Great CM, scored a goal or two but his defense and tracking back are what got him on this list.

Golovin - Was not a goal threat but seemed to always pick out a pass and lead the break quite often.

Werner - Hes fast and clinical

Weigl - Didnt have an assist or goal but man he was a rock. Only CDM I have used this year that sits back no matter what.

Duds

Talisca/Draxler - Both would have their moments and put up decent stats but being dead by half time ruined them for me.

Jovetic - Man went missing 90% of the time.

Guarin - Massive let down. Stamina is too low and outside of his shot power offers little else.

Kepa - By far the worst GK I have used this year.

Here are some goals and a compilation from the weekend. Nothing spectacular by any means, I was just bored and thought I would throw it together.

• ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    Hybrid
    Paulinho with 16 goals :hushed:
  • Chubbs
    Paulinho with 16 goals :hushed:

Yeah he was unreal. Driven shots, finesse, headers. Was everywhere. Played Cam in for Draxler after about the 70th minute in the last half of the game
  • LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    Hybrid
    I got 17-11 as well. Erm... slightly better teams though, but whatever.
  • Chubbs
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

I feel you. As much as I thought better players matter this weekend, small sample size I know, showed me I don't need 1.5 mill teams to get the same record. With my good teams I was always Gold 1/2 as well.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    Hybrid
    Edit: just realised the price cap so removed my team

Edit: lol
  • LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    Hybrid
    Chubbs wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

I feel you. As much as I thought better players matter this weekend, small sample size I know, showed me I don't need 1.5 mill teams to get the same record. With my good teams I was always Gold 1/2 as well.

I think ability does have a major effect.
    People bang on about skill level being nullified by the games randomness, but the best players always get the most wins, the rest of us always get the middle tier or the bottom scale of things.
    If the game was truly as random as people make out and the skill gap was nothing, then for 1 WL I would fluke enough wins to get Elite and Eddieficio might only get Gold.