Game could die in a few weeks

Comments

• Aqeel87
    2567 posts Fans' Favourite
    Xtc wrote: »
    look, a GAME is supposed to be 2 people matching skills. this is far from that. Its 2 people playing simulatnous Squad battles vs a Variable AI.

The AI is capable of doing things that the human player CANNOT replicate so the game has devolved into who can trick the AI the best. Now, if I trick my opponent , the ball bounces off my defender or his GK makes a spectacular save or the AI appears from nowhere to block my shot. If i screw up, the same happens to save me . It BS.

It may be a good business decisions but it makes for a terrible repetitive game.

Why do so many people achieve similar rankings no matter what player they use?
    Why do so many games feel the same?
    Why do games often follow really familiar patterns that you recognize after 50 or so games?

Because you are playing the same AI and maxing out pretty quickly. Its so clear to me that for long stretches I am not really playing the guy behind the controller.

Throw in the servers and delay and the human player pressing buttons is at an even bigger disadvantage to the AI.

I WANT TO PLAY MY OPPONENT. I dont want to have a contest to see who is better vs the AI.

Exactly this
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3321 posts National Call-Up
    I know this is the UT side of the forum, but I can tell you that Pro Clubs is dead. The gameplay has killed it.

Takes ages to find games 11v11, even small man takes a while to find games, usually 25k+ at the very start of the mode, its barely scraping 10k even at peak times.

From posts on here, Reddit and other sites, i can imagine a few have packed in UT also. Probably not enough to dent FP income, but if the game doesn't improve, I can see everything outside of UT being completely dead by the New Year.

Well it is, after all, the worst fifa in a few years now (maybe ever in modern time).
  • fazer
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    So the game is going to die because you’re bored of it? FIFA will never die, it’s a massive addiction for millions of young men.

Mayby game not die but belive me if EA continue ignoring problem with lags and delays druing weekend league then this will be few weeks and some part % of players leave this game .

Remember is not any point to invest $ in not working game buy fifa points or spend time to build great team if you event cant play in normal mode without delays and lags in weekend league.

You can be addicated from this game but high % of customers finnaly noticed wait a moment why im spend time if now 4 weeks in row im cant even play in weekend leage beacouse of bad servers and regular delay or disscconect - next ask your self why company not doing nothing with this still if this is already close to month with same messs . - > When in same time players still pay for fifa points so money still flow - how is possible nobody for themstill dont invest small part of ernings to finnaly fixed this top piority issue with servers ?

- How long you and other players will be accepts you cant normal enjoy game play with fun and enterteiment during weekend league - A lot customers can decided this is **** , game is broken company not make any step to fix this so yes is high possible game will be slow die if this will be looks like same like in last month.

So is highly possible EA kill they own game beacouse of dont care and not listen they players leave not working game in to long period.
  • OZero
    5168 posts Big Money Move
    To be honest, the game is an improvement over 18, and obviously EA did take some of the criticism into consideration. To say 19 is the worst ever is genuinely over the top. However, it is also true that 19 is one of the most "incomplete" Fifa ever with tons of bugs and glitches. And, we all know how toxic the community is. All glitches will be exploited for a W.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11344 posts Has That Special Something
    OZero wrote: »
    To be honest, the game is an improvement over 18, and obviously EA did take some of the criticism into consideration. To say 19 is the worst ever is genuinely over the top. However, it is also true that 19 is one of the most "incomplete" Fifa ever with tons of bugs and glitches. And, we all know how toxic the community is. All glitches will be exploited for a W.

If the game actually worked it would be the best FIFA to date imo. But the fact the delay is worse than ever as the servers are a mess is going to ruin all potential this game had and make it the worst FIFA to date.

I know 18 was bad but at least I lasted until January with it. As for 19 I can't see me lasting much longer unless there's serious changes.
  • Snapzs
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Soooo....if enough people quit servers will not be as laggy :3
  • the only people that defend this game are the same people that dropped 18 because of manual defending... scrubs
  • OZero
    edited November 2018
    OZero wrote: »

If the game actually worked it would be the best FIFA to date imo. But the fact the delay is worse than ever as the servers are a mess is going to ruin all potential this game had and make it the worst FIFA to date.

I know 18 was bad but at least I lasted until January with it. As for 19 I can't see me lasting much longer unless there's serious changes.

Yep I agree with that. The game is "unplayable" despite having a better core match engine. The servers and the delays (and of course those glitches) simply drives people away from the game.

I have played some local manner match with my friends and 19 is genuinely awesome. That probably explains everything.
  • The shift towards competitive gaming and e-sports has sucked all the fun and variety out of the game.
  • Tubbs76
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The game is already dying if you ask me.

Servers are a joke, barely any skill gap and no sense of progression whatsoever will be surprised if it lasts much longer.

Currently downloading BO4 as need something to play that's fun and actually works.

Will try just playing the wl casually but if there's no improvement in gameplay I will be quitting altogether.

9/10, you come up against the same 20 players in the same all teams. Why is that? Answer is fairly simple, no skill gap with pace w.h.or.e.s. abusing broken game mechanics. The fact you mee d to rely on a.i. to defend, really says a lot about just how bad this game has become. Everything in th3 game feels like a chore, I don't even get excited when I win games any more as it always seems like you are constantly fighting The game, not the opponent.
  • alex1987
    5518 posts Big Money Move
    To be fair, so could you ..
  • bigpokey24
    4834 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    Whiners galore..entitled spoilt kids and over grown men in kids bodies polluting the forum because they cant win on fifa..pathetic. stop crying ...stop playing if you are a sorry loser... so many pathetic threads all over the forum.keep your feelings to yourselves .
    Get this into y'alls heads. You cant win all..everyone experiences the same crap. Go play the Ai on beginners levels for easy games... so what if everyone has the same players..look yourselves in the mirror, you are also using the same players.. if you were really good at the game then that shouldn't be a problen.. my goodness can we gets some quality threads for once. 3rd month and yall still crying ..my goodness, says how pathetic y'alls social lives are
  • Boerieboys
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played some regular seasons yesterday, if that gameplay would be in FUT it would be a lot more fun.
  • Springveldt
    4594 posts National Call-Up
    BSDShoes wrote: »
    It's kinda dead on PC version, on PS4 it's very lively and will be until 20 comes out.
    Never had a problem finding a game on PC, even at 3am UK time.
  • the_pack_king
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My love for fifa is slowly dying, Its not that I am losing, I am hitting gold 1 every week on weekend league for last 3 weeks (22/20/20) The fact is that I am not even enjoying the games I am winning, thats a major problem, feels like im playing it more as an addiction these days than actually enjoying it.
  • TheMightyBee
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game play is a complete disaster, how could they get it so so wrong. The basics don't work, it's inconsistent and it just doesn't resemble football at all.

It's not fun, you don't get rewarded for trying to play creative and take on an actual person, all you are playing is overpowered AI and physics that has way too much influence on the actual game and result of the games.

Truly terrible, management should be fired and replaced with people who care about the fairness and quality of a game. All they care about is a graph going up on in game sales and give no damn about the quality of servers and game play.

I finish most games and win or lose I just think what is the point. People really should move to PES, the game play is on another level.
  • TheMightyBee
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Whiners galore..entitled spoilt kids and over grown men in kids bodies polluting the forum because they cant win on fifa..pathetic. stop crying ...stop playing if you are a sorry loser... so many pathetic threads all over the forum.keep your feelings to yourselves .
    Get this into y'alls heads. You cant win all..everyone experiences the same crap. Go play the Ai on beginners levels for easy games... so what if everyone has the same players..look yourselves in the mirror, you are also using the same players.. if you were really good at the game then that shouldn't be a problen.. my goodness can we gets some quality threads for once. 3rd month and yall still crying ..my goodness, says how pathetic y'alls social lives are

The game play is horrible, the servers are horrible, winning and losing has nothing to do with the game play experience. We all paid at least £60 for this product, I expect it to work as well as EVERY other game that is released. Sometimes I can't even apply a consumable without logging out and in of FUT, it's full of bugs and inconsistencies.
  • FinEverton
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It might not be bad thing give a break with this game for while.
  • OZero
    I think you really can't defend EA from having 50% of your WL games ended in disconnection. That's what I experienced last few weeks.
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    IMO it has so much potential as well, but delay, AI defending, random inside the box shooting and all the random bounces kill it for me. I actually quite like the game when the ball is in midfield and the game isn't lagging. But the other factors are game breaking
  • ICUP
    4124 posts National Call-Up
    They ruined it when they took away seasons which was casual. I literally only play WL on Friday & Saturday and then cram the DR games in to keep rank 1 on sunday.

Don't play the game anytime after that, more rewards this year but the gameplay is just trash.

FIFA 18 was honestly more fun than this
  • CharlieC
    6687 posts Big Money Move
    Xtc wrote: »
    look, a GAME is supposed to be 2 people matching skills. this is far from that. Its 2 people playing simulatnous Squad battles vs a Variable AI.

The AI is capable of doing things that the human player CANNOT replicate so the game has devolved into who can trick the AI the best. Now, if I trick my opponent , the ball bounces off my defender or his GK makes a spectacular save or the AI appears from nowhere to block my shot. If i screw up, the same happens to save me . It BS.

It may be a good business decisions but it makes for a terrible repetitive game.

Why do so many people achieve similar rankings no matter what player they use?
    Why do so many games feel the same?
    Why do games often follow really familiar patterns that you recognize after 50 or so games?

Because you are playing the same AI and maxing out pretty quickly. Its so clear to me that for long stretches I am not really playing the guy behind the controller.

Throw in the servers and delay and the human player pressing buttons is at an even bigger disadvantage to the AI.

I WANT TO PLAY MY OPPONENT. I dont want to have a contest to see who is better vs the AI.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.