Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Comments

• DariuszA93
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    I get it on a regular basis but it’s not overly delayed so not unplayable but is noticeable.

• FatZed
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    SuperRob wrote: »
    I want to throw something else into the mix. I get delay pretty much every game during wl, but always have the full 5 bars. I did notice at the weekend that i was getting quite a few back out when we were matched. Perhaps these players were seeing something different to the 5 bars i was seeing, which could indicate the reason for lag.
    We really need the connection info to be displayed. Your ping, what server centre you are connected to and what your opponents ping is. These bars are a complete joke.

They won't give us that though since people will back out against guys that have a horrific ping, instead we just have to try and wade through mud for 15 minutes only to lose to some last minute goal that's bounced off 3 players, hit the post and the keeper doesn't know were the ball is so dives and knocks it into the net.

All the while your opponent thinks this is a normal game as it's all he has ever played.

That would be great but sadly I don't think it would help too much, there would be a lot of backing out. I recently got a Nighthawk with Duma OS which is great, restricted matchmaking (as in 550km in settings currently), shows ping in game which I'm getting 7-12 generally amongst a whole lot of other things done to make the game play correctly and even with full steady green bars, and steady low ping in game I can still get those unplayable and sluggish slow off games more than I should. Its an absolute joke. The ping would be great just to see for everyone but until they improve the servers or matchmaking probably still the same **** poor inconsistent gameplay.

I have made note before that with absolutely no change in my connection the gameplay will change, I've also had some of the smoothest, responsive gameplay one night when I had packet loss haha
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    i am having one red bar forever in fut champ.
  • Springveldt
    4395 posts National Call-Up
    Tubpac wrote: »
    If only people cared for the gameplay. Like they care for that icon 3 sbc.
    At this point it's obvious the game has become a card collecting game were people are more worried about how to afford a new shiny card than they are about that card being complete crap in game due to this delay.

I've taken a new approach now after playing Rivals last night. I'll start the game with "Constant Pressure" set and if my AI apply pressure I'll play the game and set it back to "Pressure on heavy touch" at the first opportunity. The games were the AI stand off even when being asked to 2nd man press I'll forfeit as soon as the ball goes out of play.

I'm not spending 15 minutes fighting crappy game play only to get smashed or give away a last minute equaliser.
  • Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Third weekend now. This nothing from EA!!! Keep this thread going. Dont let them silence us!! This is unacceptable!!!
  • TitanXX
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Third weekend now. This nothing from EA!!! Keep this thread going. Dont let them silence us!! This is unacceptable!!!

• Skillzy
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Servers can’t cope, play early Friday and it’s ok play after 6pm uk time and you can see they are struggling.

EA still won’t list, they don’t care
  • ucan
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wl is unplayable right now. ive lost against noobs cause of delay lag. My Hazard salah moved Like they have bricks on their Feet. What is this EA? We let this thread Open until they See it. Fix this already. We Just want to Play lag free. It's so frustrating loosing like that. How is this fair gameplay? One Side have delay, the other not.
  • Psyclon13
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was patiently waiting all day, so that I can play in good conditions in the evening. And now - it's worse than ever before. Did not think that was possible.
  • I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    another weekend
    same lag feast no matter day or night
    felt sorry for my son playing
    given up now
    game over ,,, almost for me
  • Dronegan
    992 posts Professional
    First 6 games delay free. In the 2nd half starts in my 7th game i get so bad input lag i cant even string together 3 passes without them being intercepted coz my players refuse to move.

Close the game down after going 6-0 to 6-4 against really awful opponents.

Last weekend i was 17-2. The week before that 16-1 and usually dont get 4 losses if i havent played 20+ games.

But hey EA its all in our head. FIfa games dont have delay that is your official statement right?
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    Where's the never get delay but the game is trash option
  • DonkeyKong
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    If I could vote again I'd probably change it. Delay has been tragic past week. Sometimes you can tell it's f***ed just from the menus scrolling lag. The delay problems well outweigh the gameplay mechanic issues
  • Ishibum
    11803 posts Has That Special Something
    Good job on getting so many votes on this BTW. Pretty decent sample size.

As well as the delay, we also have an issue with disconnections with South American servers. I thought it was possibly an issue with my internet that was causing so many games to disconnect but some Argentinian guy posted on the PS boards reporting the same symptoms. Given we are in different countries, the one common denominator is the fact we both connect to Brazilian servers.

Been happening for weeks now :(
  • Noob_FC
    2637 posts Fans' Favourite
    I guess the 12% people are playing offline matches usually
  • Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Start a riot! Bring back p2p
  • selb
    5329 posts Big Money Move
    If I could chsnge my vote I would, over the last two weeks I've had delay non stop, every time I play, it's making the game unplayable and really unenjoyable atm, I haven't played that much in the last week and really haven't missed it whereas previous FIFAs I was always itching to play and couldn't wait to get a few games in!
  • Jonboyparker
    4966 posts Big Money Move
    selb wrote: »
    If I could chsnge my vote I would, over the last two weeks I've had delay non stop, every time I play, it's making the game unplayable and really unenjoyable atm, I haven't played that much in the last week and really haven't missed it whereas previous FIFAs I was always itching to play and couldn't wait to get a few games in!

Same here. I got 8 wins yesterday and then sold my team. Not sure if I can be bothered to play anymore this weekend.

I think I’ve played more SB than DR this week too which is just ridiculous. I don’t even like it. I’m litterally only playing for the challenge of getting Pedro which I don’t need. Online play is infuriating.

• Jonboyparker
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    I guess the 12% people are playing offline matches usually

Maybe they have great connection or play at time when there is no effect on gameplay. I’m sure there must be an hour each day :D

Either that or they are so accustomed to delay, they are not aware of it even being there anymore. I have a few friends that haven’t got a clue what I’m on about.
  • Jonboyparker
    If only people cared for the gameplay. Like they care for that icon 3 sbc.
    At this point it's obvious the game has become a card collecting game were people are more worried about how to afford a new shiny card than they are about that card being complete crap in game due to this delay.

I've taken a new approach now after playing Rivals last night. I'll start the game with "Constant Pressure" set and if my AI apply pressure I'll play the game and set it back to "Pressure on heavy touch" at the first opportunity. The games were the AI stand off even when being asked to 2nd man press I'll forfeit as soon as the ball goes out of play.

I'm not spending 15 minutes fighting crappy game play only to get smashed or give away a last minute equaliser.

Yep. I no longer log on to play football. I log on to see what challenges there are or how much my team is worth.

Playing games is like tossing a coin.
  • EmmaSteele
    43 posts Park Captain
    i won 7 games yesterday morning out of 10 - as soon as mid day came the game had changed - button delay the ball walking thru players . im not sure what they had done but i could not win another game for love or money ! lets just hope there ia an answer to why this is happening
  • ucan
    Im done with this BS
  • selb
    5329 posts Big Money Move
    That's it, I'm done with FIFA atm for this year, unless I hear that the gameplay / servers have improved I will not be touching it. Traded it in for Fallout 76, time to get some fun back from a game.
  • fazer
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They are to greedy for invest in servers problem will be resolved after some time in very simple way - Just 1/3 players decided to leave game beacouse broken gameplay and delay laggy servers and lags and delay slowly got limited after high % of fifa players leave this game then servers slowly start working correct.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    In this weekend tbe game is Unplayeable, this is above ridiculous how in the earth a game that must be competitive has such a crap online service?
  • Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    senaffc wrote: »
    In this weekend tbe game is Unplayeable, this is above ridiculous how in the earth a game that must be competitive has such a crap online service?

• ucan
    senaffc wrote: »

• Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    So the servers turned into even more **** after they were down again. No suprise.
  • joehuk
    2873 posts National Call-Up
    I'm so demotivated to play fifa right now

My 88 rated squad feels like a 54 rated bronze team. No reaction times no agility no passing ability.
  • Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Horrible