Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Comments

• daniel4o7903
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2018
    I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    didn bother entering last 3 days. maybe after weekend but i m pretty sure what gameplay will be even,giving the fact i never play in very peak hours im in europe and i play like after midnight till morning always.
  • I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
    Germany near Frankfurt unplayable- 200 down 20 up. Dmz, ports etc. Just pray deadly caraccidents, amin
  • NornIron
    11145 posts Has That Special Something
    Im playing battlefield with 64 players and there's only 6 with a lower ping than mine.
    I think its safe to say there's nothing wrong with my connection.

Now to go and search for a match on fifa that's actually playable, this could take a while.
  • Tubpac
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    So we're moving towards the fourth weekend in this state. Yet nothing from EA... EVERYONE should send Watchdog an email. Make EA wake up!!!
  • Keepthechange
    1653 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've had delay since the implementation of dedicated servers, I mainly play pro clubs now which also has delay but at least it's fun and chill.

I find it almost impossible to be competitive and consistent with this delay and what actually makes things worse is that my opponents can have a better connection (Some had 5 bars in games I played on 2 bars)

• ucan
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018
    This year its much much worst than before. In 18 I had delay lag, too but this year it's almost in every Match, in WL & DR. Game is unplayable for me right now
  • selb
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    B
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    dear EA, please invest more on your servers. Thank you.
  • Alexvdven
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4.5k views, 650 votes, 70 percent cant play normally. Says it all I guess. Only reaction from EA has been that they are looking into it from 2 weeks ago. Nothing is going to happen, just switch to PES guys.
  • ICUP
    3940 posts National Call-Up
    Alexvdven wrote: »
    4.5k views, 650 votes, 70 percent cant play normally. Says it all I guess. Only reaction from EA has been that they are looking into it from 2 weeks ago. Nothing is going to happen, just switch to PES guys.

or just move away from football games, depending on thursdays rewards im ready to trade this in and get red dead redemption
  • Alexvdven
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ICUP wrote: »

or just move away from football games, depending on thursdays rewards im ready to trade this in and get red dead redemption

The problem is that I like football games;). I still haven't finished Kingdom come, so that's it for me instead of FIFA.
  • ICUP
    3940 posts National Call-Up

The problem is that I like football games;). I still haven't finished Kingdom come, so that's it for me instead of FIFA.

So do I but its getting to the point where I can't be bothered anymore. They released an incomplete game with obvious problems and wonder why people are upset.

Last year I had bits where I quit FIFA and then came back, if I leave this year I aint coming back
  • delpieroalex
    just played an online single match without EA server and played without a single delay or lag...seriously EA?
    Either invest in the lousy server or dont even use them!
  • selb
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    I get delay now and again but it's not an issue

So do I but its getting to the point where I can't be bothered anymore. They released an incomplete game with obvious problems and wonder why people are upset.

Last year I had bits where I quit FIFA and then came back, if I leave this year I aint coming back

I gave up FIFA beginning of this week, I'd played maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks and every time I turned it off within a couple of games coz I just couldn't play it, sluggish, unresponsive etc. and guess what, I haven't missed it at all, currently playing Fallout 4 and getting Fallout 76 in a few days.

I'm not sure if I'll ever come back to FIFA atm, it's just an unhealthy way to spend my time, it's rage inducing and unhealthily addictive, something games should not be.
  • Don_seanado
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've mentioned this before and forgot To mention it in the survey but the delay on the servers are just so poor even when playing Peer to Peer it is awful and the impact of this delay on your gameplay is so obvious how can people outside of particular areas be expected to showcase their abilities when the game is so inconsistent with not only gameplay but with the delay. It ruins competitive FIFA.
  • NW86
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The delay is horrible again yesterday and today. Wanted to play all evening, but I'm smply done after 3 games. Terrible game like this.
  • Tubpac
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    So EA are bringing this new patch out and everybody is flying on a pink cloud... They can make all the changes in the world. Delay will still ruin it. And if you dont believe it. Just play a P2P game and see the difference... We're moving into the fourth weekend now in this state and nothing happend. Its over lads. FIFA 19 is dead.
  • delpieroalex
    I am actually having fun in UT single online match now. Zero delay 5 bar gameplay. They should just let us choose between server and P2P if they are not able to handle it.
  • Bellstar23
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What you on about delay? :smiley: I guess we all need to reset our playstation/ xbox settings now and uninstall and reinstall the game and donload it again. Oh yeah done that a few times, waste of 45minutes. Guess that didn't work then.
  • I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
    I get delay now and again and It IS an issue.

Single Seasons / Single online matches and all the other modes are a total different game. Single online matches are so smooth and responsive just like single player Seasons. The other modes are so slow and heavy esp WL and rivals. Yes even squad battles are heavy even though it should be single player.
  • delpieroalex
    Secretz wrote: »
    I get delay now and again and It IS an issue.

Single Seasons / Single online matches and all the other modes are a total different game. Single online matches are so smooth and responsive just like single player Seasons. The other modes are so slow and heavy esp WL and rivals. Yes even squad battles are heavy even though it should be single player.

Yes. And its So disappointing.
  • ucan
    do you think EA will upgrade the server this year?
    I know it sounds like a joke but if we raise up our voices maybe we can move somethin
  • daniel4o7903
    edited November 2018
    i will comment once again ,i know some of you saw my previous comments but i will write it again
    I play since fifa 08 ut i play since fifa 15 my internet speed is 100 mbps
    last year no speed up lag cause servers in rivals was peer to peer
    this year since the patch released 8 or 9 nov speed up lag in ut unbearable,i already posted even video from my channel in twitch a past few broadcasts that i still have showing speed up lag.
    first 2 weeks was good but i think more players and severs are overloading and if like me i live in bulgaria ,you know playing on wifi with this 100 mbps for me was fine but yesterday i both lan cable now im wired i use all speed no drops and to tell you last night was speed up lag again even with cable this time,but to be honest i did not expected to be much better i was knowing buying cable yesterday that still speed up lag will be for me and it is.
    i guess im far from dedicated servers in europe maybe :) if i pay 350 mbps max package here, and to tell you even doing this im pretty sure what the outcome will be .so yes increased amount of players ok thats good ,but if they cant cope with that how much you think they will invest,i think not much :) or maybe that is not even been considered
  • Juked By Neymar
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    The delay is ridiculous. Funny you go to EA Support, they tell you to try a few trouble shooting problems, I start it up again and it just seems to get worse :lol:
  • Sm0key_J0e
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yesterday I had delay in most matches but also reduced power/strength in shots and passes.
    For example, my goalie (Courtois) didn't manage to kick the ball over the half of the pitch despite full marker on the screen.

The day before, game was more and less ok with the odd delay.

During WL it is really a lottery. Last week I had 40-50% of matches with lots of delay / slow players so I lost most of those because of this. When my competitor's slow CM runs faster than my Jordi Alba at full fitness, you know something is wrong.

I also have strong indications that PC players are matched against Xbox players, which means that cheaters are coming through as well. I have seen several PC usernames in Xbox matches with strange gameplay.

I have reported them to EA but no feedback obviously, which I take as a tacit confirmation.
  • XxXlild3vilxXx
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played 2 laggy/delayed matches last night and had to turn it off when usually I’d have spent 4/5 hours playing. Just played my first 2 WL league games today and the delay was even worse than last night. Really struggling to motivate myself to play anymore this weekend.
  • Tubpac
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Will we ever get some proper gameplay? EA just ignoring this
  • daniel4o7903
    edited November 2018
    im stressed right now even thinking to enter and play ,really and im grown man near 40 s
    cause was just metering my speed through speedtest and below i see ea downdetector and fifa downdetector reports but hey its friday . :/
  • ucan
    And again massive lag this WL i have Just no chance against my opponent cause of that lag. 2-3 sec Button delay lag. GG EA
  • ucan
    Do you have button delay lag too atm in WL? The menue is also laggy