Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS)

Fifa_Hawk_85
11366 posts Has That Special Something
edited November 2018
So this year is the worst I've ever experienced and would like to know how everyone else is finding the game.
Post edited by Fifa_Hawk_85 on

Delay (PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE 2 MINS TO VOTE, WE NEED ANSWERS) 832 votes

I get delay on a regular basis and the games pretty much unplayable
61%
DascoMattHicksy2011SmudgePrestoAzabluckyfighter__noirNornIronBarslundapfelmus_maCHer1Gerry118zl GshockMagnetBoysie91Ash KetchumIshibumEquinox 85Zambo9TopCatmarvson 511 votes
I get delay now and again but it's not an issue
26%
SlawterDiggyAlex02Alemas_2012BoabdustNurDerHSV_Drobo HoopsterzWarriorShaanxzSpringveldtLloydieBrieMineAntTheMoneyTeamGAZLOZKoreanMeatballsLukeDavo15LahmChopsBennjj123jackbingers 219 votes
I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
12%
MarleighblureZRynoSafehands84LoboNoboRK94ClancyPattebennekou NelmserBlackpoolmonsterBlitzersNLD-ManiacSatch85Markyc21Mr. SoperChubbsAndy99TradeZmadwullielucaspekkaa88 102 votes

Comments

• Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    I get it on a regular basis but it’s not overly delayed so not unplayable but is noticeable.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    I get it on a regular basis but it’s not overly delayed so not unplayable but is noticeable.

Thought I had covered all angles haha

We shouldn't have to put up with delay at all though it's a joke. Could excuse it from time to time but not constantly.
  • Boysie91
    8420 posts League Winner
    Friday no delay
    Saturday my last game had delay/lag
    Today all 4 of my WL games had delay/lag
    But Rivals not so bad today
  • Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kouli06 wrote: »

Thought I had covered all angles haha

We shouldn't have to put up with delay at all though it's a joke. Could excuse it from time to time but not constantly.

Completely agree.
    I expected it back in 2005/6 on the previous gen consoles but this day and age should be basically flawless
  • Kouli06
    1628 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Friday no delay
    Saturday my last game had delay/lag
    Today all 4 of my WL games had delay/lag
    But Rivals not so bad today

Strangely Enough rivals has been ok for me today and normally that’s where I get most of my delays

Probably back to dog s**t tomorrow
  • Theomanny
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don’t think delay will ever let me know how good I am in the game. Given up trying to find out. On to the next one.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Near enough every game is delayed for me in rivals.
    About 2second delay on every pass shot turn i make, game is playable but it makes me lose/draw games i would usually win.
    If i win a game i count myself very lucky.
    Not how this game should be.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Mdx wrote: »
    Near enough every game is delayed for me in rivals.
    About 2second delay on every pass shot turn i make, game is playable but it makes me lose/draw games i would usually win.
    If i win a game i count myself very lucky.
    Not how this game should be.

I would class that borderline unplayable. When you can't perform skills or even 6 yard passes due to delay and it's making you lose against people you would normally beat easily then that's pretty much unplayable to me.

It's so frustrating as all we want as a community is a game that works. We aren't asking for much like are we?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    I don't play as much as a lot of people but I do notice the game changes day to day when I do play.

One day, everything is sluggish, players turn like tugboats, everything feels delayed. The next, everything seems fine, the game runs smoothly.

My internet is very good but day to day the game feels different.
  • Carlos181
    3813 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    I never had Delay in the WL before, but this weekend was bad. Thought I was playing Rivals a couple of times. Reset my Xbox and Internet two times thinking it was me.
  • QuinnUK87
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Your options aren't really great... I get delay now and then. But it is most definitely an issue when I do get it.
  • SuperRob
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero
    Noticeable delay very game. By this i mean opposition players move faster. This year the game is easier to counter the delay as you can still catch players when they go past but it eans you have to be switched on all the time, while my opponent can make mistake after mistake and recover much easier. Needs to be fixed asap.
  • DonkeyKong
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't get that much delay but I frequently get the speed up run in one direction for a few seconds lag. It's cost me a few goals which is annoying but I'd say the game is playable overall but on those occasional moments I have no control over anything for a few seconds which is an issue
  • Johno7256
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    I get button delay really bad but this is just normal for a fifa title ain’t it,I actually believe it comes with the game when you buy it
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »
    Your options aren't really great... I get delay now and then. But it is most definitely an issue when I do get it.

Sorry about that thought I had pretty much covered all angles. If I only had this now and again it wouldn't bother me but when it's pretty much every single day then that's a massive problem.
  • Safehands84
    3522 posts National Call-Up
    I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    Can honestly say I’ve not experienced lag once this year. I do have top spec internet so no idea if that’s a factor or I’m just lucky
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Can honestly say I’ve not experienced lag once this year. I do have top spec internet so no idea if that’s a factor or I’m just lucky

Most of us on here have pretty much the best internet available to us and it still makes no difference. You're just very lucky mate :D
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Keep the votes coming lads. Would be great to get most the forum voting on this one as maybe the more noise we make the more chance EA will actually listen.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would say only about 5-10% of my games are 100% full flow. The rest vary from minor delay where i can overcome it to delay so bad i have 0 chance of winning and can't even tackle or retain possession. I'm in the UK.
  • Zhyquron
    2055 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have played almost every WL last year and this year the delay is much worse, in fact the game freezes sometimes which I've never experienced in FIFA 18.
  • joehuk
    3328 posts National Call-Up
    I'm on PC last week had amazing gameplay this week is horrendous.... my team feel like bronze players not sure if it's delay me just playing bad but game feels so sluggish trying to do my regular stuff just isn't working.

All good tho I'm not rage selling like I would of done last fifa... taking a couple of days break.
  • I never get delay don't know what all the fuss is about
    I play with just my Xbox on my network and it’s fine
  • Ishibum
    12432 posts Has That Special Something
    I haven't even looked at my last four WL games because of the lag today. Rivals through the week was pretty much impossible too.

As the game is currently, I don't think I'll be lasting much longer.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I haven't even looked at my last four WL games because of the lag today. Rivals through the week was pretty much impossible too.

As the game is currently, I don't think I'll be lasting much longer.

I'm the same mate I've 8 games left and won't be going anywhere near them.

I'm on the verge of quitting myself but I really don't want to though I'm not being given any choice. Will get BO4 tomorrow and just play FIFA at the weekends casually and hopefully it improves.
  • oneskyworld
    1026 posts Professional
    Today the delay is so bad that just can't play. It is beyond the normal input lag. The game just gets into fast farwading mode at will. By the time I gain control back, there is either a one one one or already conceded a goal.
  • GargabeGame
    61 posts Park Captain
    If you really wanna know the difference. Play a single player match, then go into a 1v1. The servers are garbage.
  • FatZed
    865 posts Semi-Pro
    Someone from EA should be put onto this thread, only smallish sample size but if anything I'm pretty sure the % wouldn't get much better. Seems much more widespread this year and seeing more youtubers and pros complaining too which is nice as although I couldn't give a **** it might help bring attention and force some change/ improvement!!!
  • Foxsake
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s the player switching that does me in
  • Lkane
    929 posts Professional
    The delay only seemed to happen in the weekend league. Won’t be bothering with it again and just stick to rivals
  • fazer
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Corect me somone if im wrong but - Rivals games work mainly good beacouse conection structure is clear per 2 per depends mainly from our and opponent web conection and weekend league work always bad with lags beacouse depends not only from our conection but olso from dedicated server from EA .

And this servers are not good enough to handle all huge traffic during weekend league . So how is possible big company like EA not predicted this and why they change conection mode for Weekend league with ading this dedicated server ? why weekend league conection is not set up same like rivals / like friendly games just pure per 2 per when in this way number of delays and discconect was smaller compared to this whats happen from last 3 weeks ....