Anyone else miss FIFA 18

Andyw19_88
469 posts Sunday League Hero
Missing longshots that aren't finesse,even the low driven shots as this FIFA is just hit and hope,being able to pass, I just miss playing FIFA this year just feels so broken to me don't know what EA have done but them not patching it to me means they can't fix it

Comments

• MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Nope. Worst Fifa ever made
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Nope. Worst Fifa ever made

Wasn't the worst ever but the low drivens were worse than what we have now.
  • Tymsy83
    872 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2018
    Second from worst Fifa and this one is a county mile ahead of that as the worst.

• Alexrb89
    3450 posts National Call-Up
    Andyw19_88 wrote: »
    Missing longshots that aren't finesse,even the low driven shots as this FIFA is just hit and hope,being able to pass, I just miss playing FIFA this year just feels so broken to me don't know what EA have done but them not patching it to me means they can't fix it

There is a patch coming this week bro
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    No. Stopped playing in January.
  • DeMolay145
    532 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No. Stopped playing in January.

December here.
  • elcapitan379
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Andyw19_88 wrote: »

Well said
  • is1996
    719 posts Semi-Pro
    I only miss my tots ramos and tots de bruyne lol and my potm aguero
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    No . It was awful . The only thing I miss is the old format of icon sbcs
  • daydreamer45
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    no thanks.. hate the low driven shot
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    Not really. I miss FIFA17 though.
  • HishamAyman
    2838 posts National Call-Up
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

• Jason1986
    6918 posts Big Money Move
    I don't get the low driven hate. At least you had to work yourself a good goalscoring opportunity to use the low driven. This year all you have to do is finesse from 30 yards out from any angle, over and over and over again.
  • hayhor1
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    I don't get the low driven hate. At least you had to work yourself a good goalscoring opportunity to use the low driven. This year all you have to do is finesse from 30 yards out from any angle, over and over and over again.

You did not. Players would face away from goal and shoot super human low drivens. It was worse.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    hayhor1 wrote: »

You did not. Players would face away from goal and shoot super human low drivens. It was worse.

Now you face away from goal and shoot super human finesse shots. The difference is it works from way further out. :lol:
  • hayhor1

Now you face away from goal and shoot super human finesse shots. The difference is it works from way further out. :lol:

I'm not saying this is the best either but in 18 every goal scored was a low driven. Finesse isn't that prolific right now. The next patch is supposed to tone down the first time stuff. They need to make it like 18 where guys needed the trait and right stats to do it.
  • Ishibum
    12144 posts Has That Special Something
    I think 19 is worse than 18 but no way do I miss that nonsense game.
  • Kingchavez_152
    1401 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bring back fifa 12
  • Amdp9
    2911 posts National Call-Up
    I do since I had 9 prime icons in my team R96, baby Pele, Dinho, Mid Gullit, Mid Viera, Mid Matthues, Prime Blanc, TOTS Ramos, Prime Roberto Carlos, and TOTS walker and Gold De Gea and the list goes on
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite

This! I only wanted minor improvements to the game after FIFA 17 but 2 years later and the improvements never came :D
  • Rucci
    1416 posts Professional
    well 18 and 19 are worse , but the patch who´s coming feels better tryed a few games on pc
  • Rucci
    1416 posts Professional
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    I do since I had 9 prime icons in my team R96, baby Pele, Dinho, Mid Gullit, Mid Viera, Mid Matthues, Prime Blanc, TOTS Ramos, Prime Roberto Carlos, and TOTS walker and Gold De Gea and the list goes on

i had all op players all icons so whats the matter no one cares 18 ^^ if i had my 18 team than oh well but this fifa iam full rtg + sbc players only i wont use any icons
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional

Yep, as easy as they were, at least you had to make that extra pass to split the defence. Really bad players couldn't make that pass but this year they don't even have to so it makes every single game a tough one.

Just remember though, you never conceded a low shot from 30 yards out. Sure they were OP as hell but I'd much rather concede a low shot from a near impossible angle (at least the opponent's got his way into the box) than a longshot from 30-35 yards out, after genuinely 1 or 2 passes from the opponent is enough to create a chance.

Mind you, even though I'd much prefer OP low shots - I actually hope the OP timed finesse stays in the game because it's virtually the only way to score goals consistently. If they nerf finesses now, then no shot type is going to be viable and we'll end up with 0-0 slog fests and every goal will be from a lucky bounce/set piece
  • Mahy87
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TBH I only miss my below team !!!!

BT.jpg
  • Cbn
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have played few weeks 18. How smooth and responsive it feels compared to 19. Scoring low drivens, screamers, low finesses, finesses, headers, chips, passing it on to empty net. Skill gap is just significantly higher than this year. I really think they added the AI def., random 50/50 bs and random shots to reduce the skill gap and hence give majority of players to Illusion they really are decent players, they only need a bit better players -> grind more /FP
  • delpieroalex
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    No i don't miss fifa18 100% low driven success shot and pacy players like son hueng min playing like messi.
    However, there are also OP element in fifa 19 like 180 degree finesse shot etc.
  • Delboy13710
    4673 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    I did enjoy 18 before the first patch .

What final team did everyone end 18 with ?
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    I miss Fifa 18 day 1 gameplay.
  • Jason1986
    6918 posts Big Money Move

I'm not saying this is the best either but in 18 every goal scored was a low driven. Finesse isn't that prolific right now. The next patch is supposed to tone down the first time stuff. They need to make it like 18 where guys needed the trait and right stats to do it.
    You must be playing different version of the game to me then. I'd say 90% of the goals I concede are finesse shots from outside the area. The rest being headers from corners.

Just look at the positions of where people take shots from in your next 5 games and then tell me finesse shots aren't "prolific".
  • hayhor1
    edited November 2018

You must be playing different version of the game to me then. I'd say 90% of the goals I concede are finesse shots from outside the area. The rest being headers from corners.

Just look at the positions of where people take shots from in your next 5 games and then tell me finesse shots aren't "prolific".

I made my statement thinking about all the matches I played. Out of every 5 people I play 1 of them will do nothing but long finesse. Maybe it is the divs I have been in 5 with some 4 or because I play 3 atb and people try to exploit it wide but the rest try to get closer. So yeah I am playing a different game. Anyone that tries the finesse I run over with my striker. ;)