Baby Icons sub 1 million

Comments

• maXmood
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite
    Noo wrote: »
    Is this price rise because of the Hernandez SBC? Imagine if a good card comes out requiring 87/88 rated cards.

Come on EA!!!!!

no, not related..

it's the panic buy/sell that happens prior to BF
  • Mic2904
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    I stocked up on another 3 Kronos for just over 35k on bids. Maybe pushing it a bit but should break even at very least...
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    26k views, honestly with this many people in on this I really have no idea how things are going to turn out in the coming weeks
  • Kamilflage
    5178 posts Big Money Move
    Jackk102 wrote: »
    26k views, honestly with this many people in on this I really have no idea how things are going to turn out in the coming weeks

That's the thing lol...even with some big sbcs the market will be so damn flooded with these cards. I think EA will screw us all and just not release an SBC
  • Scutch
    11829 posts Has That Special Something
    Sold all mine last night. People were paying silly money for the 84’s and 85’s.
  • Hibee
    12244 posts Has That Special Something

I never understand why people make these kind of threads. If you have a good trading method the last think you want to do is let the 1000s of lurkers know about it. Or even worse, alert EA to it.
  • maXmood
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kamilflage wrote: »

That's the thing lol...even with some big sbcs the market will be so damn flooded with these cards. I think EA will screw us all and just not release an SBC

imo, if no undercutting happens or ppl aiming for 1-3k profit, we should all be making coins..
  • Kamilflage
    5178 posts Big Money Move
    maXmood wrote: »

imo, if no undercutting happens or ppl aiming for 1-3k profit, we should all be making coins..

Its really hard to lose with these prices....but the part I hate the most is when you have to hold for too long.
    Opportunity cost is high....
  • Mic2904

Its really hard to lose with these prices....but the part I hate the most is when you have to hold for too long.

Agreed... taking forever and even though I know thats the plan, I am getting a bit iffy... 😂
  • Sercs
    18705 posts World Class
    Mic2904 wrote: »

Agreed... taking forever and even though I know thats the plan, I am getting a bit iffy... 😂

Make sure you sell at a decent enough price but not too high you miss out on Black Friday deals / rebound
  • Campino
    27469 posts Player of the Year
    I’ve sold all my 84’s this morning and it’s covered 2x Kroos anyway

All I did was the same as last year, buy one of each card and one dupe at a price I was happy with. No intention of selling at all but it’s covered me for 2 X icon SBC’s In the future. The rest of the coins have stayed in the club
  • Mic2904
    Sercs wrote: »

Make sure you sell at a decent enough price but not too high you miss out on Black Friday deals / rebound

Cheers... Thats my aim. Trying to hit the sweet spot is difficult without undercutting people here. I know ultimately each to their own, but its a decent community with a few good people around. Hope we all get a decent return on our investment!
  • bhafc1901
    2265 posts Fans' Favourite

Definitely right about opportunity cost. Although I was getting tetchy flipping icons close to bf and it's nice just needing to refresh the tp every hour and not search for deals.
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    bhafc1901 wrote: »

Definitely right about opportunity cost. Although I was getting tetchy flipping icons close to bf and it's nice just needing to refresh the tp every hour and not search for deals.

Yeah opportunity cost was bothering me too, so I told my self id only stock up if I could win them on bids and have them in my transfer targets
  • TomOTW
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just missed an Isco @ 5k :disappointed:
  • rickir1
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm still holding all of mine and listing inflated. Have had a good few nibbles already

No way am I selling any of them at a loss
  • Mic2904
    rickir1 wrote: »
    I'm still holding all of mine and listing inflated. Have had a good few nibbles already

No way am I selling any of them at a loss

Prices for Godin and Kroos are slightly on the up 👍
    Godin lowest BIN at 43k.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4050 posts National Call-Up
    e.a obsession in trying to stop coin bashings means it is very hard to figure what they will do next in their battle to stop profit
    we expect them to do something but were still waiting
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    e.a obsession in trying to stop coin bashings means it is very hard to figure what they will do next in their battle to stop profit

I don’t expect them to lose their own revenue to stop traders..

Who in their right mind will open pack on BF?? There are very few golds worth over 100k. EA needs to do something about that soon. Maybe a big Icon SBC right before BF?
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Cantona84 wrote: »

Who in their right mind will open pack on BF?? There are very few golds worth over 100k. EA needs to do something about that soon. Maybe a big Icon SBC right before BF?

Yeah, the right revenue move for EA is something to boost the value of packs (83-90 rated NIFs) while bringing down the value of Icons to make them more affordable, with the added EA benefit of hurting hoarders who have bought Icons at inflated prices.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    something to stimulate the market yeah before Friday or do they actually think the pack sales will go through the roof anyway with the masses
    perhaps they don't care whether kroos is 30k or 300k :D
  • Invincibility
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Any SBC with 86+ squad required and we are good!
  • Mic2904

Yep, thats all we are asking for... maybe paired with a lovely IF 😁
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner

English IF please. Need to shift my got damn Pickfords :D:D
  • Mic2904

English IF please. Need to shift my got damn Pickfords :D:D

Naeh mate... any of the 81's should nicely 😂

How about an Icon SBC with a 86 rated squad, 1 IF (would need to be and 84 upwards anyway to get to 86) and 75 Chemos, paired with an 82 rated squad and 2 IF with 70 Chem 😃

Problem solved....

Where can I apply for the open SBC position? 😂
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    this is the thing..do they care that the prices have gone flat if the masses spend a fortune on friday
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mjs4p wrote: »

Yeah, the right revenue move for EA is something to boost the value of packs (83-90 rated NIFs) while bringing down the value of Icons to make them more affordable, with the added EA benefit of hurting hoarders who have bought Icons at inflated prices.

EA doing the right thing:
    93e33fdfcfac8d4e24a173f04edc9ea3.gif

Really though, I hope they do
  • Mic2904
    this is the thing..do they care that the prices have gone flat if the masses spend a fortune on friday

Thats what worries me... You would think they would like to take coins and cards out of circulation, so pack weight increases.
    As many said already... I dont even get exited anymore seeing boards with a country flag, when I open packs from an SBC or so. Whats the point.

I most certainly wont spend my coins in packs, neither will I spend Fifa points at this point! It doesn't make sense.
  • DutyHarry
    4963 posts National Call-Up
    They have to make high rating cards worth something more, otherwise buying FIFA points makes no sense at all.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8738 posts League Winner
    I know this is a thread for high rated investments but did anyone invest in 83s and 84s?

I wish I would have before the jump.

Is it still worth it if they release a TOTW SBC like last year?