HBG-unit
923 posts Professional
edited November 2018
Surely worth picking a few up for SBCS?
Post edited by HBG-unit on

Comments

• Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    You're gonna have to provide a little more info.

The community doesn't really consist of psychics or mind readers :trollface:
  • HBG-unit
    923 posts Professional
    Apologies players like Godin Hummels & isco between 35-40k picked up 2 of each. Sure in two weeks alone Godin has dropped 30k
  • Whoman
    5375 posts Big Money Move
    Sunk like 500k into 86+ rated NIFs myself, also quite a bit into 83-86 rated UCL cards that are within range of normal 'SBC levels', meaning long term there is no way to loose. Basically went the 1 per card route to stuck in club, sometimes a duplicate for the TP. Rest then filley with IF and 84-85 NIF.

Might all go even lower come Thursday, but might as well fit requirements for another player SBC or Icon before then, so might as well to it now and have it over with. Rather make a few k less profit than have to constantly watch the market all week.
  • SGLT
    6192 posts Big Money Move
    Any going for below 7k ?
  • Scutch
    11020 posts Has That Special Something
    SGLT wrote: »
    Any going for below 7k ?

Only Griezmann.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Scutch wrote: »
    Any going for below 7k ?

Only Griezmann.

Pass
  • IxToMxI
    5613 posts Big Money Move
    Surely new prime set of icons will be coming soon
  • SGLT
    6192 posts Big Money Move
    Scutch wrote: »
    Any going for below 7k ?

Only Griezmann.

Ha ha, doesn’t fit my team so I’ll give him a miss
  • HBG-unit
    923 posts Professional
    Whoman wrote: »
    Sunk like 500k into 86+ rated NIFs myself, also quite a bit into 83-86 rated UCL cards that are within range of normal 'SBC levels', meaning long term there is no way to loose. Basically went the 1 per card route to stuck in club, sometimes a duplicate for the TP. Rest then filley with IF and 84-85 NIF.

Might all go even lower come Thursday, but might as well fit requirements for another player SBC or Icon before then, so might as well to it now and have it over with. Rather make a few k less profit than have to constantly watch the market all week.

Just haven't understood this market from the start... With what your doing your 100% going to make profit regardless
  • Whoman
    [
    Blarix wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »

yup.

Hence why i dumped 2 mill into Oblak, Godin, Kroos.

40k they'll go for 60+ when the new set icons will be announced.

<3

Market in general is so easy this year and my untradeables (Reus, Götze, Juanfran, Koke) and long-term tradeables (Klose 89, Telles, Matquinhos) so good/fun that i have no issues going big either, first time really where i don't hesitate much to really go all in on these sorts of market lows.

57caad4bcf686c2dfd315d9fc76ef79ba32f47e15b12d1b2e20527558c638915.jpg

• Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    [
    IxToMxI wrote: »

yup.

Hence why i dumped 2 mill into Oblak, Godin, Kroos.

40k they'll go for 60+ when the new set icons will be announced.

<3

Market in general is so easy this year and my untradeables (Reus, Götze, Juanfran, Koke) and long-term tradeables (Klose 89, Telles, Matquinhos) so good/fun that i have no issues going big either, first time really where i don't hesitate much to really go all in on these sorts of market lows.

57caad4bcf686c2dfd315d9fc76ef79ba32f47e15b12d1b2e20527558c638915.jpg

If you feel good about something do it it usually pays off.
  • AjaxLegends
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    I sunk all my coins (million roughly) in 88+ SBC fodder. Think Icon Set 3 is coming this friday so should raise the prices and if there is an icon I want I could do it myself.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    I sunk all my coins (million roughly) in 88+ SBC fodder. Think Icon Set 3 is coming this friday so should raise the prices and if there is an icon I want I could do it myself.

tomorrow :)
  • AjaxLegends
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero

Icon Set 3 coming tomorrow already? That would be nice! Would be a quick return hopefully ;)
  • Good tip!
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain

Icon Set 3 coming tomorrow already? That would be nice! Would be a quick return hopefully ;)

They released one on a monday. We haven't seen any for the last two weeks. I think one set this week and one set on black friday .
  • AjaxLegends
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero

They released one on a monday. We haven't seen any for the last two weeks. I think one set this week and one set on black friday .

Makes sense to counter the crash.
  • Davey Sprockett

So are the Icon sets in place of specific prime player sbc, or will we get those too?

I'll do a couple of the individual squads in each if they have a decent pack for cheap, but seems like a bit of a gamble for an untradeable you may not want or have use for.

I'd imagine for a similar price to completing the sbc, you can buy a tradeable icon you actually want on the market.
  • ha032742
    35187 posts Moderator
    Sunk 2m into cards..R.I.P. me if we don’t get anything.
  • AjaxLegends
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero

So are the Icon sets in place of specific prime player sbc, or will we get those too?

I'll do a couple of the individual squads in each if they have a decent pack for cheap, but seems like a bit of a gamble for an untradeable you may not want or have use for.

I'd imagine for a similar price to completing the sbc, you can buy a tradeable icon you actually want on the market.

Yes they are in place of Prime Icon SBC. We won’t get those because there are too many icons this year. I would only do one of these SBC’s if you want to play with the player the entire year. For me that’s only Cruyff.
  • HBG-unit
    923 posts Professional
    ha032742 wrote: »

Done 1.2 ranging from Oblak - Godin - Kroos - Hummels - Isco - Busquets all 40k and below... If I lose it won't break the bank
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2018
    ha032742 wrote: »

Set 1 is about to expire in 3 days and set 2 was released 16 or so days ago.

They will release them for sure.
  • Whoman
    @Davey Sprockett Just to be clear here in case you indeed understood the concept wrong (if not, no harm no foul): You get a choice between the 5, not a pack with a random 1 of 5 ! So you end up exactly with the Icon you want out of the set of 5 choices. You want Rio ? Do Prime Set to and then choose him at the end.

• Davey Sprockett
    @Davey Sprockett Just to be clear here in case you indeed understood the concept wrong (if not, no harm no foul): You get a choice between the 5, not a pack with a random 1 of 5 ! So you end up exactly with the Icon you want out of the set of 5 choices. You want Rio ? Do Prime Set to and then choose him at the end.
    Oh so there is only five choices? Or is it a random choice of five from a larger set of available players?
  • AjaxLegends
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh so there is only five choices? Or is it a random choice of five from a larger set of available players?

Five choices. Same for everyone. You can see them beforehand.
  • Whoman
    edited November 2018

No, each set has 5 specific players in it from which you can choose. Press the little "I" button on the web app or start on console and it shows you which 5

Set 1

8189c4b48dbb733227cfa8e54fa33d71.png

Set 2

f72140fc1ae3cd9bb1f26972532232d6.png

You can do it again if you want a 2nd one out of the 5 and so on ... If you want all 5, you just need to do it 5 times. So in a sense this hasn't changed from last year, just more of a one-size-fits all where certain cards will be much less worth to do than others ...

League SBCs work the exact same way, offering 2 players to choose from.
  • Davey Sprockett

No what I mean is there is only five possible choices for each set?
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner

Are you ok? Like seriously, it’s not difficult to understand.
  • HBG-unit
    923 posts Professional

Yes.