How do you use Timed Finishing?

Muzza11
8249 posts League Winner
How do you use Timed finishing this year, I’m eager to know. Just trying the power timed shots and wow, they fly like missiles lol.

How do you use Timed Finishing? 85 votes

Power and Finesse
29%
EddieFicioLFC Simon 98RynoBobb MaverickAndy99TradeZDonkeyKongmarcus2596Xx_iou_cheesecake_xXJayzynathswfcme360shevyodopetothemaxAndybelfastPhil0501CouchyJuliantbXNooGreedy_Marco 25 votes
Power only
3%
BrieMineXxRichiexRichxXmiguelMD7 3 votes
Finesse only
34%
NenCampinoBakerAnDrEwThEdOnCarswellBlarixAIeksJackadinhoPaciga45shaunlouisonIM NOT UR MARYnumber7rockyKeanoCloudio7Toad2338M98HStriker8881jonkeroHorizonvaporSupaNoodle1990 29 votes
None but I have it on
11%
BlitzersNLJoresOkore5BcfcDale88Ashr93OverevilGhottiAndrewMac1862Jay1890Thunder001MojoJojo 10 votes
Turned off
21%
Alex02SF9TTAZDarthGrowlerAbsting159GeenouiRJ 004Mmikeycoldri1therealmerk33D3ATHSQUADCarlos181Thefranchise92Yusuf11Marc6007CarlosHadADreamMatnevesbrafazer 18 votes

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Finesse only
    First time finesse cus I’m a scruff :)
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner

I can’t even pull off the timed finesse lol, I can only do the power shots.
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    Finesse only
    Power never works for me.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16531 posts World Class
    Power and Finesse
    Only started doing it with Powers but Dybala’s longshots won me my last 3 games
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Finesse only
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Probably not even worth learning seeing as they patching it Tuesday.

They are instant goals atm though, from any angle. Pretty dumb tbh.
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Probably not even worth learning seeing as they patching it Tuesday.

They are instant goals atm though, from any angle. Pretty dumb tbh.

Yeh everyone seems to be good at them lol.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Power and Finesse
    Timing on power is far harder as the the shot approach isn’t consistent like finesse but always try to time it
  • M98H
    12695 posts Has That Special Something
    Finesse only
    Hitting green a lot more recently. My reds still seem to fly in though :joy:
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Power and Finesse
    I try to time literally every shot. If you get it green, it helps every shot type a lot.
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    Finesse only
    M98H wrote: »

If you late it still goes in. That needs to be fixed.

I scored 5 reds with Henry and it looked like a rocket finesse shot.

Getting green is lush though.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Power and Finesse
    Blarix wrote: »

Think that has something to do with the player shooting it. Henry’s shooting is so good even with poor timing it goes in. Red with Jesus though is awful, for example
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    Finesse only

Think that has something to do with the player shooting it. Henry’s shooting is so good even with poor timing it goes in. Red with Jesus though is awful, for example

Oh that's good news :joy:
  • Libguy
    4749 posts National Call-Up

They explained in the pitch notes that late is the same as doing no timed finish at all since the ball has already left your foot. Makes sense when you think about it that way.

I remember playing a Tiger Woods back in the day and I’d hit the ball and then add a bunch of spin to it when it was in the air. In retrospect, that was sort of weird.

• Power and Finesse
    Every single shot
  • mjs4p
    11073 posts Has That Special Something
    Poorly mainly
  • Blarix
    20809 posts Club Captain
    Finesse only
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Poorly mainly

Bigly.hugely
  • mjs4p
    11073 posts Has That Special Something
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Poorly mainly

Bigly.hugely

:D
  • RebelRob
    4996 posts Big Money Move
    Power and Finesse
    Really struggled with it at first but got a bit better after trying the skill games.

What baffles me though is I’ve hit a few green when in space and close to the edge of the box and they’ve not gone in? I thought they’re supposed to go in all the time!

With the power shots I’m struggling more to get the hang of them though, the normal finesse shots I’ve found they’re almost like low driven from last year button wise, it an immediate double press, but when not sprinting its hold release and press (imagine just reading the sentence normally, that quick) and can hit them prettty regularly in space, I just struggle to create that space.

Can anyone also help to me, I’m sure I’ve seen videos where people have it on you get the bar over their head and the lines closing in on the green zone, but I seem to only the triangle marker that seems to flash the colour depending on result of the shot? I’m guessing this can be changed?
  • ChrisDotGaming
    1137 posts Professional
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Really struggled with it at first but got a bit better after trying the skill games.

What baffles me though is I’ve hit a few green when in space and close to the edge of the box and they’ve not gone in? I thought they’re supposed to go in all the time!

With the power shots I’m struggling more to get the hang of them though, the normal finesse shots I’ve found they’re almost like low driven from last year button wise, it an immediate double press, but when not sprinting its hold release and press (imagine just reading the sentence normally, that quick) and can hit them prettty regularly in space, I just struggle to create that space.

Can anyone also help to me, I’m sure I’ve seen videos where people have it on you get the bar over their head and the lines closing in on the green zone, but I seem to only the triangle marker that seems to flash the colour depending on result of the shot? I’m guessing this can be changed?

@RebelRob that's the trainer.

You can use it in squad battles or rivals but it's disabled in FUT Champs.

You turn the trainer on and in the trainer settings you select movement and mechanics. Then turn all the options except timed finishing indicator off.
  • RebelRob
    4996 posts Big Money Move
    Power and Finesse
    Cheers @ChrisDotGaming thought there was a difference between wl and rivals, but it’s the same on both for me.

Will give it a go.
  • Cloudio7
    1197 posts Professional
    Finesse only
    I'm scoring more with the red indicator than when hitting a perfect green.
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner
    I hit a lot of finesse on the green and it goes straight to the keeper, what am I doing wrong? Tried aiming a bit wider and it goes wide
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Power and Finesse
    I hit a lot of finesse on the green and it goes straight to the keeper, what am I doing wrong? Tried aiming a bit wider and it goes wide

Try aiming in between what you’re currently doing :trollface: