I need advice

Blarix
20868 posts Club Captain
In div 3 everyone plays exactly the same i need to know the following.

- how do they get so many players into their box.
- when they win the ball back It's like the whole team attacks.
- i just lost a game where i had 71% ball possession and got caught on the counter.

Comments

• Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain
    Blarix wrote: »
    Git gud

F
  • ColeWorld
    14029 posts Has That Special Something
    Git gud

• Knowlesdinho
    14802 posts World Class
    It’s all about who gets the luckiest bounce!
  • GeTRiGhT
    13056 posts Has That Special Something
    Constant pressure plus team press on d pad.

Then fast build up or balanced O

4334 or 4321
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Git gud

:joy:
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don’t really understand the question.

What exactly do you need advice with?

I also can’t tell if you’re being serious.

My head hurts
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018

My head hurts

Poor thing, reading a few words causes you pain. :(

Bless
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Git gud

Make this man a mod
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain

My head hurts

Are you illiterate?
  • Greedy_Marco
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect

My head hurts

Are you illiterate?

Yes.
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    Im in the same boat, same division, almost in d2. Yet I refuse to be an exploiting ❤️❤️❤️❤️, but try to play proper football with manual defending. Yes, I like hurting myself.
  • DutyHarry
    7412 posts Big Money Move
    Im in the same boat, same division, almost in d2. Yet I refuse to be an exploiting ****, but try to play proper football with manual defending. Yes, I like hurting myself.

Same my friend, we sadly put ourselves at a disadvantage, but I still refuse to be assisted to such an extent, I don't see the point.
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain
    DutyHarry wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, same division, almost in d2. Yet I refuse to be an exploiting ****, but try to play proper football with manual defending. Yes, I like hurting myself.

Same my friend, we sadly put ourselves at a disadvantage, but I still refuse to be assisted to such an extent, I don't see the point.

• Keano
    19620 posts World Class
    Constant pressure, move your team depth up and then players in box higher i believe.

If not then yes, i am illiterate
  • dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    DutyHarry wrote: »

Do you use the custom tactics? Do you use second man press? Do you use assisted passing or shooting? Do you use timed finishing?

If you can answer no to all of those questions, then fair play. If not, then you and anyone else who “refuses to exploit” is exploiting same as anyone else
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited November 2018
    Sometimes I wish I knew how to time finish. But now I just use Cruyff, hazard and neymar and they fly in without timing.
  • Richard
    11747 posts Has That Special Something
    @Blarix, mate,

Didnt you say this weekend you were done with FIFA this year?
  • Baker
    1617 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rivals is solid for some reason. Much prefer WL (never thought I’d say that)
  • lf2009
    2442 posts Fans' Favourite

- i just lost a game where i had 71% ball possession and got caught on the counter.

- they use the 'get team ball side' option on dpad
    - fast build up (should leave them open to a counter though) and constant pressure

If you message people that play like that youll also find the have a low width and high depth (like 6 bars) on defense
  • Kloral
    3903 posts National Call-Up
    Wing backs mate the overlap helps big time but you need to really focus on not losing the ball with then up the pitch.
  • Kamilflage
    6233 posts Big Money Move
    Richard wrote: »
    @Blarix, mate,

Didnt you say this weekend you were done with FIFA this year?
    Nobody is ever done with FIFA...just some harsh words then you have make up games afterwards
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero

My head hurts

Are you illiterate?

Yes.

Better response would have been "wot?"
  • IDARYL
    5778 posts Big Money Move

71% possession and wonders how he got caught on the counter :D:D
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain
    lf2009 wrote: »

- fast build up (should leave them open to a counter though) and constant pressure

If you message people that play like that youll also find the have a low width and high depth (like 6 bars) on defense

When ever i try that my team is gassed out by the 60th minute.
  • RadioShaq
    17879 posts Moderator
    You can put everyone on come back on defense to pack your box. You can do that for strikers instructions but leaving 2 forward starts the counter. 70 plus possession is probably to much unless you are just wasting time to waste time.
  • lf2009
    2442 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018

Ive never used it myself but i always message people in 'those' types of games and they pretty much always use that set up

Im guessing the high depth helps with the stamina as when pressing theyre not covering that much ground than if theyre further back?

I use a similar set up if im two goals down but not constant pressure and it works well but leaves gaps for their wingers etc

Strongly suggest 451(2) if you want to boss the midfield in those games, works great for me
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You can put everyone on come back on defense to pack your box. You can do that for strikers instructions but leaving 2 forward starts the counter. 70 plus possession is probably to much unless you are just wasting time to waste time.

No, he literally kept doing long balls to his wingers i kept intercepting he had no intentions of passing or any sort of build up. He also never once selected his back 4.
  • Blarix
    20868 posts Club Captain

Ive never used it myself but i always message people in 'those' types of games and they pretty much always use that set up

Im guessing the high depth helps with the stamina as when pressing theyre not covering that much ground than if theyre further back?

I use a similar set up if im two goals down but not constant pressure and it works well but leaves gaps for their wingers etc

Strongly suggest 451(2) if you want to boss the midfield in those games, works great for me

Cheers good tips.
  • Primal
    8876 posts League Winner
    without seeing you play it's hard to say exactly what your doing wrong. Eventhough I finish 25/26 wins I still struggle sometimes against this wierd bombardment where the ball ends up going back to them after every tackle, it is hard with so much RNG, hopefully the patches address it.

I play mainly possession but when I'm getting hammered at the back i find it pointless to try and play any sort of football as your punished so normally hit a long pass to my wide cam and hold the ball up abit.