Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Southampton | Saints Go Marching In?!

CareerModeGuy
10 posts Ball Boy
edited November 2018
Hi guys,

So I started a Career Mode with Southampton on Ultimate difficulty.

I intend to grow the English talents at the club - Angus Gunn, Matt Targett, James Ward-Prowse, Sam Gallagher etc, while my scout finds other English gems to see how well we can do in the Premier League.

However, 2 Wins, 2 Draws, 4 Losses in 8 games - 17th in the table we are flirting with relegation.

It's not going great but it's quite realistic if you think about how Mark Hughes is getting on!

I stream this career on my new YouTube channel Career Mode Guy, feel free to check it out:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCzf0rdt0WCCSz1ixD5K1bgw

I welcome any suggestions with formation, tactics and the players to improve our start.

As well as my YouTube channel I will update our progress here too.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by CareerModeGuy on

Comments

• Episode 4 is now available to watch!

1 Loss BUT 2 WINS! After a battering we produced the first back to back wins of the season so far including a relegation scrap and giant killing.

Maybe that battering has given them the kick they need to get going. So hopefully this winning streak continues to finally get away from the relegation zone.

This episode also describes the recent changes to the first team due to Stuart Armstrong's injury.

A few players have changed positions and a few more step into the first team including Jack Stephens, the English centre-back has seen training pay off, now good enough to start and join other promising English talents at the club.

Armstrong's injury a blessing in disguise perhaps?!

Episode 4:

Let me know what you think guys.

Subscribe for more FIFA 19 Southampton Career Mode on the link.

Thank you for watching!
  • CareerModeGuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    Episode 5 and 6 are now available to watch!

Ep5 was tough to take, 2 losses and 1 draw, really felt like we deserved much more. I was considering a squad revamp with the January Transfer window close.

Ep6 however pleasantly surprised me with 2 wins and a draw against top teams, things are now looking up as we climb the table away from the relegation zone.

It was the best episode so far, for the most points in my streams. Plus Austin finally scored!

This episode also opened my eyes to a team strength I will be utilising more. We have fast wingers who find plenty of space and have decent enough ball delivery for our strikers to capitalise.

If this is the best way we are going to win games then I am definitely sticking with it!

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more FIFA 19 Career Modes, on the links above.

Appreciate any support guys.

Thank you for watching!
  • CareerModeGuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    Episode 7 is now available to watch!

We won one, drew one and lost one. Mixed emotions from this episode. I was happy we beat a relegation candidate but I felt we made it much harder than it should have been. We lost to a team directly above us with almost identical stats and then dropped maximum points in what would have been a historic win for the club.

I want to break into the top 10. As we enter the second half of the season and the January Transfer window opens, I'm looking to make 1 or 2 signings to help us score more goals, preferably another winger - fast and a pinpoint crosser. Let me know if any player springs to mind - we have over £70m to spend! But I want to keep it realistic.

I have thought about signing another CM in the hope they can provide goals from centre midfield, which we are lacking. However, Armstrong is now fully fit to play again so I will see how he does. In addition, my scout is concluding his reports and I need to sign at least 2 players to complete the board objectives. Alike transfers, let me know which youngsters looks good to sign too.

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more FIFA 19 Career Modes, on the link above.

Thank you for watching!
  • CareerModeGuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    Episode 8 and 9 are now available to watch!

Ep8 we won one, drew one and lost one - a bit of everything really. We was left humiliated by one top team exposing our defence countless times. We did win our FA Cup match with the B team which was nice to see some other players on the score sheet for a change, giving me something to think about. Then, we drew the last game of this episode against a team who are challenging for the title, so a great result considering the quality of the opposition.

We also made our first signing of the series in episode 8 - the desired winger I mentioned previously.

Ep9 started poorly, knocked out of the FA Cup against a team we should have beaten comfortably however it does give us the chance to focus purely on the league now. That was proven when we won our next two league games with a new formation in play. I was not confident since the start of the season with the classic 442 formation but wanted to give it a chance, It's been long enough and now it's time for change - I believe 4231 was the reason we won those games, not just one but two new signings involved in the goals.

In addition to the winger, I also signed a new striker, both players have made great first impressions!

We looked a better team all around with this new formation and the fact the new players are clearly benefiting from it too just shows its working wonders.

It's a formation I have used many times in career mode and it always seems to work, looking back I should have started this way but I have learnt a lot about this team, strengths and weaknesses.

Those 6 points pushed up to 11th in the table - our highest position so far, my top 10 aim is still achievable, we just need to keep winning.

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more FIFA 19 Career Modes, on the links above.

Thank you for watching!
  • Episode 10 is now available to watch!

We won 3 games and lost one although it was against a top team with which our record is pretty poor, so i was not that upset almost expected on ultimate difficulty. Those 3 wins have launched us into the top 10 now 8th in the league we have come a long way since we struggled at the start of the season.

The new signings were exceptional once again in this episode linking up to score goals and ultimately win games. With this new 4231 formation and the new signings we are a different team, better in every position of the team, we just need to keep winning in the second half of the season to cement top 10 status.

And who knows we could somehow qualify for European football! Wishful thinking perhaps but this is the best position we have been all season so far so its positive signs.

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more FIFA 19 Career Modes, on the link above.

Thank you for watching!
  • Episode 11 and 12 are now available to watch!

Some difficult games with some rather frustrating results episode 11 gave us a reality check.

In contrast, episode 12 saw us keep 3 consecutive clean sheets and push us to our best position.

The next episode will be the last of this career mode series, roller-coaster ride it has been, a new challenge awaits!

Thank you for watching!
  • CareerModeGuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    Episode 11 and 12 are now available to watch!

Some difficult games with some rather frustrating results episode 11 gave us a reality check.

In contrast, episode 12 saw us keep 3 consecutive clean sheets and push us to our best position.

The next episode will be the last of this career mode series!

Thank you for watching!
  • They thought it was all over, it is now!

The last episode of the 1st season for my Southampton career mode, is now available to watch!

It's been a roller coaster season, results have been a bit all over the place.

However, it is fair to say the second half of the season was much better than the first, the new signings and change of formation worked wonders.

From flirting with relegation to fighting for a top 10 finish, we transformed our form.

1/2 objectives complete here as we finished 9th in the league but the English youth is developing slower than expected, I feel as if there is unfinished business with the Saints.

Let me know if you would like to see a second season?

Thank you for watching, Happy New Year!