Cross Platform

Archerinho
26 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited November 2018
I just want to express that I am hoping that cross-platform will be possible sometime soon, at least in FIFA 20.
Please EA, do it.
We, who play on PC, are pretty much disadvantaged, because not so much people play it on PC and therefore you cannot really have a good transfer market. Prices are inflated, one is so late to assemble a competitive team.
I think many people would appreciate such a change. We even use the Xbox controller, so it should not be a problem, I hope.

On the other hand, I can't pay money right now to buy a new console, only for FIFA.
My PC is way superior to any console right now and it's a shame we do not have the opportunity to have a big population of people playing with us.

Comments

• Rucci
    1395 posts Professional
    wont happen cause of pros, u cant qualify on pc for tourneys. if pros get 1-2 cheaters in their games theyre done ^^ so fifa CR wont happend at all
  • Boomba
    761 posts Semi-Pro
    Rucci wrote: »
    wont happen cause of pros, u cant qualify on pc for tourneys. if pros get 1-2 cheaters in their games theyre done ^^ so fifa CR wont happend at all

Cheaters can be handled if necessary. And them being youtubers and have video proof, they can just contact EA and they'll get a response quick.

Cross Platform is what all games should be doing now. At least for FIFA, a CP transfer market would be great.
  • Retro1989
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Cross platform matches won't happen. A shared market though would be nice.
  • Archerinho
    Well FIFA on PC is mostly dead, just look at the market. Well I actually would love to have a shared market. However, if cheaters are the only issue, can they not make a strong anti-cheat? I mean, PC should still be in the running...
  • salvadordali1
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    they just need to make program similar to punkbuster who raided cod back in the day.
  • Springveldt
    4179 posts National Call-Up
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Cross platform matches won't happen. A shared market though would be nice.
    Not a chance of that happening, with all the cheats that are available for PC.

They even split the PS3/PS4 and Xbox/XboxOne markets due to them not being able to handle the coin glitchers on the old consoles.
  • salvadordali1
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dude were having server problems with this low number of users... Imagine servers with all these people on. No chance.
  • maksi
    6182 posts Big Money Move
    Dude were having server problems with this low number of users... Imagine servers with all these people on. No chance.
    they use the same servers for all platforms, what you're talking about

• PDJEY
    1006 posts Professional
    I believe that we have better chances to see FIFA canceled on PC than an actual cross play
  • maksi
    6182 posts Big Money Move
    That's very possible with next-gen consoles.
  • Archerinho
    Yeah, so I want to buy Vieira, I look at his price and... he sits at 9 million on PC and only ONE is available! He is 3m on Xbox!!! See the difference? How can you even try to build a good squad here? We need MARKET SHARING!
  • Navraat
    2725 posts Fans' Favourite
    Archerinho wrote: »
    Yeah, so I want to buy Vieira, I look at his price and... he sits at 9 million on PC and only ONE is available! He is 3m on Xbox!!! See the difference? How can you even try to build a good squad here? We need MARKET SHARING!

You can find him for 5.2, he appears eventually, no one buys him for 9m.
  • Springveldt
    4179 posts National Call-Up
    Archerinho wrote: »
    Never going to happen since EA don't know how to stop cheaters on the PC from ruining the market. There's more chance of FIFA getting **** canned on the PC than the markets being shared.

Simple solution would be for EA to just increase the pack weight of Icons due to the lower number of users/packs being opened on the PC but since they don't actually give a flying **** about the PC it's not going to happen either.

It would seem the only options for getting the top icons on PC are either to hit the jackpot from a rewards pack or join the ranks of the cheaters.