The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Battlefield V

vneklw
2391 posts Fans' Favourite
Haven't seen a thread around for this game so thought we needed one. I know everyone is busy with RDR2 but whatevs.

I honestly haven't really looked into this game all that much but liked the last Battlefield game a lot so will probably be picking this one up. Anyone else?

Comments

• Azof
    17621 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »

archived section m8 cant post anymore
  • Carlos181
    4022 posts National Call-Up
    Played the beta and loved it.
  • Scutch
    13281 posts Has That Special Something
    Azof wrote: »

Ah ok. I’ll ask Andy to move it. Can’t wait for the game myself :)
  • Azof
    17621 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »

Ah ok. I’ll ask Andy to move it. Can’t wait for the game myself :)

dunno why they bother archiving.

In regards to the game looks like a miss for me so far, just looks dull
  • vneklw

Yeah knew about this one but can't post :/

Normally I struggle to find games I can play games consistenly aside from FIFA but I enjoyed the last Battlefield for a while.
  • ccooaattssyy
    9908 posts League Winner
    When’s it out?
  • vneklw
    When’s it out?

9 days with Deluxe Edition and 14 days for Standard
  • ccooaattssyy
    9908 posts League Winner
    Looks good tbf
  • vneklw
    Looks good tbf

Ye maps look solid as well.

Idk I just prefer BF to COD. Maps are a lot bigger and gameplay isn't as chaotic. Feel like every COD player is some kid who has od'ed on G-Fuel and energydrinks and I stand absolutely no chance :joy:
  • ccooaattssyy
    9908 posts League Winner
    BF deffo better than COD post MW3
  • vneklw
    edited November 2018
    BF deffo better than COD post MW3

For sure! Although the new COD is supposed to be good but I dunno if that is because of Battle Royale or not.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3637 posts National Call-Up
    As much as I love Battlefield and I have 1000's of hours logged from BF Modern Combat on the original xbox upto BF1...

I'm on the fence with this one. It just feels like they haven't really put any effort into it and are rushing to catch up with the communities expectations.

8 maps at launch and a further 2 in the following 4-5 months. Gamemodes left out at launch to be included months later including 'rush'.

I genuinely feel like they've left content out so as to have something left over for the free DLC. I'd rather have premium back or yearly season passes like Rainbow Six with lots of content.

I'll still buy it but I dunno if it'll have the longevity of BF4.
  • JR
    8185 posts League Winner
    Didn’t enjoy the last one at all and this one looks sort of similar, I really like bf3, bf4 and hardline though
  • Retro_G
    31990 posts National Team Captain
    I'll pick it up. I enjoyed the gunplay in the beta, feels like it's going back to its roots. I was a big fan of how they done war stories in the last game, they're back again in BFV. Looking forward to see how Dice implement HDR. Games would good implementation of HDR are getting a lot of recognition in the gaming industry.

I do believe the game is bare bones at launch, but don't think it's because they left content out. I expect Dice to fully support the game over the next few years, a two year dev cycle isn't long enough. Intrigued to see what Dice do with their Battleroyal mode and hopefully vehicles aren't OP.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I'll pick it up. I enjoyed the gunplay in the beta, feels like it's going back to its roots. I was a big fan of how they done war stories in the last game, they're back again in BFV. Looking forward to see how Dice implement HDR. Games would good implementation of HDR are getting a lot of recognition in the gaming industry.

I do believe the game is bare bones at launch, but don't think it's because they left content out. I expect Dice to fully support the game over the next few years, a two year dev cycle isn't long enough. Intrigued to see what Dice do with their Battleroyal mode and hopefully vehicles aren't OP.

I'll still be getting it and I'll sink 100's of hours into it as usual hopefully.. it's just the lack of content that's pissed me off.

They had the chance to do something incredible with the games timeline. They could have implemented 1940 this year ie Norway, Holland, Belgium and France. Include British, French and German armies at launch. Air Superiority as Battle of Britain or a rush map set at Dunkirk.

Next year roll out 1941/1942 as dlc and bring in the Russians, Japanese and US armies.. then you open up the Eastern Front, Africa and the Pacific as map locations.
  • vneklw
    edited November 2018
    Decided to preorder. Have all the time in the world on the weekend of release so should be fun.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Yeah it's amazing so far. The intro is out of this world.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Hype
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Carswell wrote: »
    Hype

I seen you on the EA Access hub. Are you downloading it?
  • vneklw
    Yeah it's amazing so far. The intro is out of this world.

Wait, how are you playing it already? Mine says it isn't released until the 15th?
  • vneklw
    Ooohh shoot it's on EA Access

HYYYYPPEEE
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Hype

Yes sir.

Any idea if the early access glitch works like it did for fifa?
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Hype

Yes sir.

Any idea if the early access glitch works like it did for fifa?

I haven't a clue. I have two accounts with EA access
  • vneklw
    Played for a while last night. Really enjoying the maps so far.

Any opinions on it yet?
  • BcfcDale88
    4531 posts National Call-Up
    When’s it out?
  • vneklw
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    When’s it out?

If you have EA Access you can start playing the 10 hour trial from now, otherwise it's:

Deluxe Edition: 15th
    Standard Edition: 20th
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    vneklw wrote: »
    Played for a while last night. Really enjoying the maps so far.

Any opinions on it yet?

I love it. Pity I can't get the 10 hour glitch to work.
  • Mc_chigby
    1060 posts Professional
    Comparison to Battlefield 1? Is it on par or better in peoples opinions?

Not playing Xbox as much as my younger days so Call of Duty was a bit too fast paced, but loved Battlefield 1
  • Sercs
    18832 posts World Class
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Comparison to Battlefield 1? Is it on par or better in peoples opinions?

Not playing Xbox as much as my younger days so Call of Duty was a bit too fast paced, but loved Battlefield 1

It’ll be better imo, more modern guns also from what I recall of the beta