Can someone explain this to me?

Heshyooo
396 posts Sunday League Hero
Sooo I have 4 times the amount of shots as my opponent, 30 tackles compared to 10, and I hit the post 6 times. Where is the skill gap? There is absolutely none. Why do my shots conviniently hit the post and then in the aftermath the opponent scores a counter? Its as if theres a switch on your team AI and it turns them into mindless idiots. Why do I have no control over if I win the match even if I am clearly better than the opponent? All of this makes me want to put the game down tbh, let players decide the outcome... not the game.

23ab67fe-0032-4028-b909-22906e83bb56.png

Comments

• BGAlum
    744 posts Semi-Pro
    Well if you are looking at numbers, looks like your opposition had the ball a bit longer and was more accurate with the shots that they did take.

The other stats are important and impressive, but do not guarantee a win, even in real football.

It is odd that you had so many tackles and so little possession. Were you playing an attacking, face paced, get the shot off scenario? If so, those stats would make sense and the result would not be a surprise.

I mean just look at the 3-0 loss of Manchester United to Tottenham a while back. ManU had 23 shots to the Spurs 9 and more possession and better in nearly every single stat category... but lost 3-0.

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    2255 posts Fans' Favourite
    Working on your shooting. You can practise that bit in skill games.
  • holdenwait
    52036 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    you on auto shooting or what?
  • Heshyooo
    His keeper was basically unbeatable and anything that did beat his keeper hit the post (minus my 2 goals). Trust me, my shooting isn't the problem. I have auba, 92 red suarez and hazard up there. Also I practice the shooting tutorials a lot, I would consider myself pretty clinical.
  • Heshyooo
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Well if you are looking at numbers, looks like your opposition had the ball a bit longer and was more accurate with the shots that they did take.

The other stats are important and impressive, but do not guarantee a win, even in real football.

It is odd that you had so many tackles and so little possession. Were you playing an attacking, face paced, get the shot off scenario? If so, those stats would make sense and the result would not be a surprise.

I mean just look at the 3-0 loss of Manchester United to Tottenham a while back. ManU had 23 shots to the Spurs 9 and more possession and better in nearly every single stat category... but lost 3-0.

True say but I don't have lukaku up front so that isn't a problem
  • Heshyooo
    holdenwait wrote: »

No, although I did play a game against a guy this WL who was on manual shooting, every shot of his basically went to the corner flag, he used all 3 pauses to try change it but the game wouldn't register he changed from manual. Felt kinda sorry for the guy cause it would have been an even game lol
  • CharlieC
    4922 posts National Call-Up
    Heshyooo wrote: »
    holdenwait wrote: »

No, although I did play a game against a guy this WL who was on manual shooting, every shot of his basically went to the corner flag, he used all 3 pauses to try change it but the game wouldn't register he changed from manual. Felt kinda sorry for the guy cause it would have been an even game lol

That’s happened to me too. No idea how anyone plays with manual shooting. Passing is good on manual though
  • Tubbs76
    447 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BGAlum wrote: »

I have to agree with you, the premise if 19 as we were told was that it was all about skill gap. It has been anything but. People that cant play get rewarded with wins, players that try to play get it stuck the them via ai helping opponents and / or **** broken game mechanics that allow the lesser players to exploit the game. I out shoot, out pass, out tackle, have more possession than my opponents yet they will win a game due to lag spike allowing them to walk through to goal , defenders not responding, changes to wrong player, hitting the post 7 **** times in a match, keepers 82 rated keepers all of a sudden becoming the Pele of keepers or better still, the epl rub of the green where every bounce, every 50/50, every deflection, every intercept goes their way to keep them in the game. You get penalized for trying to play, yet the epl pace abusers get rewarded for playing quick long balls knowing at some stage the broken game mechanics will send their 93+ pace rated player through. EA harped on about not about pace this year, ****. its pace, pace, pace. You out play and pass but they know if you keep pumping long balls through, eventually they will get through. Its a joke. no skill, no play, simply long balls don the centre or the line,its a joke.
  • Kouli06
    1306 posts Professional
    Heshyooo wrote: »
    Sooo I have 4 times the amount of shots as my opponent, 30 tackles compared to 10, and I hit the post 6 times. Where is the skill gap? There is absolutely none. Why do my shots conviniently hit the post and then in the aftermath the opponent scores a counter? Its as if theres a switch on your team AI and it turns them into mindless idiots. Why do I have no control over if I win the match even if I am clearly better than the opponent? All of this makes me want to put the game down tbh, let players decide the outcome... not the game.

23ab67fe-0032-4028-b909-22906e83bb56.png

Those stats are basically every game for me 😂
    Seriously defies belief sometimes
  • JURITO1000
    1144 posts Professional
    today i was able to hit the post 3 times in 2 seconds from rebounds :D
  • Alex_cr
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    Why do people put any emphasis on number of tackles??

If you’ve made 30 tackles you’ve lost the ball 30 times in 12 minutes!