Do people put themselves through this every weekend ?

SinkXI
749 posts Semi-Pro
Just played my first WL. Wow. What an experience that was. Some of the most laughable garbage I’ve ever seen. Was 10:10 last night. Started this morning needing 1 game for silver 1, got it on my 2nd last game. Is this really worth the frustration and bullsh*t every weekend ? Haha I thought I’d seen it all with div rivals

Comments

• OZero
    4851 posts National Call-Up
    You don't need to play WL this year. Just focus on SB and DR. Stay away from the most toxic aspect of FUT.
  • HullCity1904
    1868 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rivals is **** easy for me, there isn't the pressure of reaching a target within a fixed number of games.
  • SinkXI
    749 posts Semi-Pro
    OZero wrote: »
    You don't need to play WL this year. Just focus on SB and DR. Stay away from the most toxic aspect of FUT.

Glad it’s not just me then! Surprised I actually ended up with 12 wins. I was warned to be honest, but I’m sick of not earning any decent rewards through DR so thought I’d give it a bash
  • OZero
    4851 posts National Call-Up
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    SB???! I’d rather rip my own **** off

Score 5 within 5 mins, set ultra defense, put down your controller, easy points.
  • Alford1995
    3254 posts National Call-Up
    A lot easier & less sweaty than rivals i know that for a fact. Il never play rivals again, only weekend league is what i will play
  • Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've just started did my first WL last weekend... it's horrible, same OP squads and formations and the same horrible steroid pressure tactics and ling ball counter on repeat 😫... wierdly addictive though 🤣
  • Springveldt
    4428 posts National Call-Up
    Playing my first one since 17 this weekend and as long as I make it to 11 wins I’ll be happy (7-5 just now with 2 disconnect losses)

More relaxing that Rivals for me so far and I get the added bonus of 400 rival points win or lose.

After finishing the WL I’m pretty much guaranteed rank 3 in Rivals, what’s not to like? (Apart from the awful connections)
  • CharlieC
    5869 posts Big Money Move
    The rivals points are the only reason I’m playing. Might as well get the rewards from WL and at the same time it pretty much guarantees you Rank 1 in DR too
  • Paquetesousa
    2049 posts Fans' Favourite
    Apparently, people play this Piece of #€*&&@ like they life depended on it lool i'm currently just making experiments: current findings: playing full weekend leagues with a 100k team and a 800 k team gets you the exact same result lol EA is just conning US INTO thinking that players stats make any difference... They don't... It's all about how you exploit the Gameplay, nothing else... In fact, you can tell by the ammount of goals conceded from poor strikers vs good strikers: Kane, lewa, icardi, etc . All outshined by Jesus, martial, zaha, the likes...
  • Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Apparently, people play this Piece of #€*&&@ like they life depended on it lool i'm currently just making experiments: current findings: playing full weekend leagues with a 100k team and a 800 k team gets you the exact same result lol EA is just conning US INTO thinking that players stats make any difference... They don't... It's all about how you exploit the Gameplay, nothing else... In fact, you can tell by the ammount of goals conceded from poor strikers vs good strikers: Kane, lewa, icardi, etc . All outshined by Jesus, martial, zaha, the likes...

100 percent true this... I have a 4 mil team and a second team for fitness of the usual cheaper suspects... the cheap team play better than my top squad most the time... I think a better player would get better out of the top team though... I think it's about having the skill to use them better
  • GLAN12
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    See it’s nights like tonight when I feel like chucking the control through the tele , button lag ridiculous . Connection horrible . Players not doing what you want them to do because of this . Only needing 3 wins to get gold 1 but getting battered by teams due to the terrible servers .
  • BeanieGee
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's a disease I'll be lucky to get 8 wins if I play 20 games and I'd stop at 11-14 regardless 2-5 currently 1 loss deserved another 50/50 which is fine. One just a black screen for 3/4 mins turn off restart and get a forefeit notice other 2 lag City right before their goals
  • SinkXI
    749 posts Semi-Pro

Completely agree. I use 3-5-2, team cost me around 200k and I beat someone with a team I estimate to be worth easily 5 mill 5-1 lol but yeh 98% of the time even my 200k team gets demolished by the bog standard Zaha etc

• SinkXI
    749 posts Semi-Pro
    GLAN12 wrote: »
    See it’s nights like tonight when I feel like chucking the control through the tele , button lag ridiculous . Connection horrible . Players not doing what you want them to do because of this . Only needing 3 wins to get gold 1 but getting battered by teams due to the terrible servers .

Hahaha I feel you. I said this on another thread last night , Fred actually launched my Kimpembe about 10 yards off the ball !!! My Gabriel Jesus .... wearing 50kg lead boots, his Gabriel Jesus .... snorting coke before the game. Shambles
  • ITSSPENO
    1937 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just had my first WL and actually ENJOYED it. Still got like 20 games left to play. Only went to silver 3 to get a player pick but I found it no different to rivals. Was glad to see I gained rivals points aswell so don't have to cram games in during the week now.

Depends how serious you take it I guess
  • SinkXI
    749 posts Semi-Pro
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    Just had my first WL and actually ENJOYED it. Still got like 20 games left to play. Only went to silver 3 to get a player pick but I found it no different to rivals. Was glad to see I gained rivals points aswell so don't have to cram games in during the week now.

Let us know how you get on when you hit your last 10 games ...
  • ITSSPENO
    1937 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    SinkXI wrote: »
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

Let us know how you get on when you hit your last 10 games ...

I just won't play them. I'm happy with the rewards I've earned. I might play for another 2 wins if I get time after work tomorrow but I don't see the point in grinding out games just for coins. If I play I want it to be so I can enjoy it.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite

But you can "exploit" better with better players. 5*/5* on Cryuff and R9 + Eusebio/CR7 up top, tanks like vieira and gullit in midfield, rio and maldini at the back stops everything.
  • FinallySKY
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes every weekend as I grown man I put myself through this horrendous torture just so I can open packs up without spending money. Tbh I’d be with the pay to win life but my girlfriend would kill me
  • Futfanatic
    12132 posts Has That Special Something
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    SB???! I’d rather rip my own **** off

Score 5 within 5 mins, set ultra defense, put down your controller, easy points.

What’s fun about that? This is a game, not your job you know.
  • Boysie91
    7924 posts League Winner
    I just play to 11-14 wins so probably around 20 games
  • MacDaddy
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Game is just disappointing
  • NSW_Torture
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Although it's pretty much impossible to enjoy WL the best advice I can give is to set your targets low for example, I've finished Gold 1 2 out of 3 weekends I've played, Instead of saying lets aim for elite now I just say before I start I'll be happy with Gold 2 and anything higher.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    I just play to 11-14 wins so probably around 20 games

Im considering this actually. Maybe to gold 3 which will be in the first 15 games then not putting myself through high pressure try hard hell for the next 15 games. The extra red pick isnt worth it since I get no one anyway
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am currently 1-14.

Losing by one goal in last few mins regularly after going a couple up.

Frustrating.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    I aim for silver 1 as that gives me 2000 points for next qualification. Anything more is a bonus and if i get in to gold then it's two player picks. Won't consider elite tbh, not that good to do so.

This week ended on gold 2 and that's enough for me.
  • CharlieC
    5869 posts Big Money Move

I am currently 1-14.

Losing by one goal in last few mins regularly after going a couple up.

Frustrating.

Are you attacking when you go up or sitting back and trying to counter?